[TOOL] Import Users

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
pierrelabrecque

Re: [TOOL] Import Users

Post by pierrelabrecque »

Great ! Good news ! I will test it ! Thanks !
Pierre
Santix

Post by Santix »

Hi!

well I just did install the mod but when I click on the link "Import users" I have the following error :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /mnt/115/sdb/e/6/mywebsite/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_import_users.php on line 291

I'm on the 3.0.11.

Thanks in advance

Santix
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

Hi,
Santix wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /mnt/115/sdb/e/6/mywebsite/phpBB3/includes/acp/acp_import_users.php on line 291
Usually this error comes from using PHP 4 instead of PHP 5 (the keyword static is not recognized by PHP 4). But as PHPBB 3.0.11 would not work with such a PHP version I have no idea of how you can get this strange result. Check your PHP config there must be something wrong.

Philippe
Santix

Post by Santix »

Thanks for the answer.

You were right, my host was in php4.
I've just made the upgrade, and it's working!

Santix
wolvyreen

Post by wolvyreen »

UPDATE: My apologies!!! This was a premature post. I didn't read properly and I did not enable the mod like instructed. I sincerely apologise.... I will now proceed to test it.

I see there is no update for this mod for 3.0.12. sad really cause it's a GREAT mod and a VERY necessary one especially when you use LDAP and want to import BULK users.

I tried installing it with AutoMod but it doesn't show the "Import Users" link after installation. Maybe AutoMod is missing a couple of steps. I don't know.

It would be great if this contributor would update it for 3.0.12.
jamiguel77

Post by jamiguel77 »

I am readed and readed this topic, I am stoped in this step:

Administration Control Panel > System > Module Management :: Administration Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users
Select “Import Users” from the Add Module drop-down menu and click “Add module”.
Then click “Enable” on the Module.
Browse to ACP > Users & Groups > Import Users and confirm install!

I don't see the "Import Users" module, not know why not. but I checked and rechecked the:
http://domain/forum/install.xml
the files are on correct place,

also I do a purge cache
too purged the cache manually

I use Ubuntu.

sign out sign in, and re-check if the module "import users" not see why any advice?
in the 5,6 page a friend solved the problem do a purge cache manually but for me not worked.

any advice?????????

thanks.
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

jamiguel77 wrote:Select “Import Users” from the Add Module drop-down menu and click “Add module”.
Then click “Enable” on the Module.
Browse to ACP > Users & Groups > Import Users and confirm install!

I don't see the "Import Users" module, not know why not.
Difficult to have an idea of what you did wrong?
Did you actually search the dropdown menu and not the table?

Refer to attached figure to check if you are actually doing the right thing. Note that it is normal if you don't get the Import messages module line in your dropdown list (this is another custom mod I created) and if you don't have Import Users at 4th line of the table (as you don't have added yet the module). And you won't see the red ellipse either ;)
Attachments
ImportUsers.jpg
ImportUsers.jpg (160.43 KiB) Viewed 13744 times
zfleming

Post by zfleming »

Hi,

Import tool works fine but I would like to send a batch of new users their login details that includes their password in their activation email. unfortunately their passwords have already been chosen but I want it to appear in their activation email so that they can print it out. Is there any way to do this?
I have already tried:
OPEN includes/acp/acp_import_users.php
FINDCode: Select all
'PASSWORD' => (($pass_gen == 1) ? htmlspecialchars_decode($new_password) : htmlspecialchars_decode($user->lang['PASSWORD_UNKNOWN'])), // Only send password if it was generated

REPLACE WITHCode: Select all
'PASSWORD' => htmlspecialchars_decode($new_password),

This gives a blank field in the password area of the activation email.

Any assistance much appreciated.
pjdm
Name: Paul Miller

Post by pjdm »

Thank you for this work. I just imported 700 users in CSV format to 3.0.12 flawlessly. Now to work on messages.
BrianTH

Can't find module from admin page

Post by BrianTH »

I've been going round in circles here without finding a way out!

I have uploaded the tool to the root (same place as the config.php file) but the module does not show as an option from the admin page of phpBB3.

I'm at the limits of my knowledge here - any advice on what to do?
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

Hello,

I see only 2 hypothesis:
- Wrong installation: what you have to copy at the place you have described is the content of the root directory of the archive (keeping the file tree). And you have to upload it to the server if you are working on a local copy.
- Wrong admin page looking: You must go to: System >> ACP -> Users and Groups -> Users >> right dropdown list below the table of modules already installed (warning this list is long and not sorted so review it carefully)
BrianTH

Post by BrianTH »

Thanks Giles

I'm looking in the right place but the Import Users module is not there

So it looks like an installation problem - I've installed phpBB3 into a new subdomain and then uploaded the tool to the root of that domain's folder using file manager on webhostinghub. I then extracted it and looked for the module. That didn't work so I copied the zipped tool file into the phpBB folder and extracted it there.

I don't know what you mean by the archive? I've not tried to import anything yet.
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

I call archive the zip file.

The issue may come from the webhosting tool (I know nothing about it) that does not keep the file organisation. So you may have to recreate manually the file organization on the server.

So unzip on your local computer the content of the root directory of the zip file. Then verify that you have placed the same files under the same organization on the server as on the reference on your local computer. Tip: each of the files to upload belongs to a directory that already exists on the server (you should not have to create any directory on the server and none of the uploaded files will be alone in its directory).
BrianTH

Post by BrianTH »

Thanks - I've checked and the files in the archive root structure are also in the server file structure. I can't see them in the file list on the server but they show as there when I do a file search - so don't know if there is a clue there?
Giles314

Post by Giles314 »

What I understand from your report is that the files are not at the right place but at a place that looks very much like the place they should be. Check for example for an upper/lower case issue or a one level directory error.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”