[CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
Brauny

Re: [CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Post by Brauny »

Hey, I just had a question. If I convert my Zetaboards board to phpbb, will the old forum stay intact until I decide to close it, or will the conversion effect it in any way?
cSkins

Post by cSkins »

Any recent ZetaBoards users have any success with this converter? Anything important that doesn't get converted?
Mossy1337

Post by Mossy1337 »

Seems nice, I'll try out later.
BriBri8998

Post by BriBri8998 »

How exactly does the converter work on a zetaboard? You can't get a copy of your sql files from them, can you? They told me I couldn't.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

It's a "scraper", meaning that it will download the HTML webpages from the forum and extract the relevant data (member profiles, topic and post content), and convert that into SQL suitable for insertion into some other forum.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
BriBri8998

Post by BriBri8998 »

nneonneo wrote:It's a "scraper", meaning that it will download the HTML webpages from the forum and extract the relevant data (member profiles, topic and post content), and convert that into SQL suitable for insertion into some other forum.
Dude, sweet! I wonder how well it would work. :) I'd give it a try, if I cared for ZB, but phpbb is better. Always will be.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Well, if you have a ZB forum you could always give it a shot :)
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
BriBri8998

Post by BriBri8998 »

nneonneo wrote:Well, if you have a ZB forum you could always give it a shot :)
I was going to use them for my next project, but I think it's best if I stick with PhpBB and php.net.
KarGoManiA

Post by KarGoManiA »

How does the convertor work?
I can'T work it...
I have a phpbb2 and ı want to converti it to Portal XL 4.0 Premod... ?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

The converter is meant for use in situations where the database is inaccessible. If you own or host the board, you do not need to use this converter.
zizomosad

Post by zizomosad »

nneonneo wrote:The converter is meant for use in situations where the database is inaccessible. If you own or host the board, you do not need to use this converter.
OK, i have forumotion-based forum and i want to move to VB forums. So i asked forumotion for my forums database and they refused.

I this suitable for my case? I want to import all my forums database to VB using IMPEX feature in VB.

Please Help

thanks alot
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

This isn't ImpEx based. You can convert from Forumotion to phpBB3, and then from phpBB3 to VB.
zizomosad

Post by zizomosad »

nneonneo wrote:This isn't ImpEx based. You can convert from Forumotion to phpBB3, and then from phpBB3 to VB.
i got it. thanks nneonneo

could you give me quick overview of what i need to do because the instructions.txt file is not really helpful

Thanks Again
jillo

Post by jillo »

I want to convert a zelta board to phpbb 3 but I don't understand how to use python at all on mac how do I convert my members and posts over. Can anyone help? Thanks I just don't want to start again I need to convert and I'm a nob at this stuff especially the python program.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

@zizomosad: Please clarify. What part of the instructions are unclear? (If it is displayed strangely, try opening it with Wordpad instead of Notepad).

@jillo: You will need to use the Terminal (in /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app).

The first step is to change the directory to wherever you unzipped the zip file. Type "cd " (no quotes, but make sure to add the space) into the terminal, then drag the folder containing settings.py into the terminal. You should now have a line that looks like this:

Code: Select all

you@your-mac:~$ cd /Users/you/Downloads/Converters/Zetaboards
Press <enter>. The prompt changes to

you@your-mac:~/Downloads/Converters/Zetaboards$ 
Now, at that prompt you can follow the instructions to run Python scripts, e.g. typing in "python members_topics_phpBB.py" to get

you@your-mac:~/Downloads/Converters/Zetaboards$ python members_topics_phpBB.py
Hope that helps.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”