[CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
ks_aramis

Re: [CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Post by ks_aramis »

Thank you for fast response!

Of course, my forum address is http://powiesciopisarstwo.fora.pl Maybe i'm doing something wrong but as I said I've set all the options as you said in Instructions file. The old fora.pl converter converts members and categories but when it download topics i have error "Topic ID 1 error: topic is empty" and every topic has the same message.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I see you set these settings forum-wide. Have you set them in your user control panel (UCP)? Those are the only settings that will actually be used by the converter (it logs in as you when you provide the cookies, so it sees what you see, not what guests will see).
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
ks_aramis

Post by ks_aramis »

Yes, as I said, I've set these settings in my UCP as well.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I think I see the problem. The converter improperly handles the coloration of the username.

Change this:

Code: Select all

"""<span class="name"><a name="(\\d+)"></a><b>(.+?)</b></span><br />[\\w\\W]*?<span class="postdetails">
to

"""<span class="name"><a name="(\\d+)"></a><b>(?:<span[^>]*>)?(.+?)(?:</span>)?</b></span><br />[\\w\\W]*?<span class="postdetails">
and it should work properly.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
ks_aramis

Post by ks_aramis »

No, still I have "error: topic is empty" message in every topic. I even changed colours of regular users to default and this doesn't helped too.

Edit: Oh, my mistake. You told me to change the code in the phpBB2 converter, right? The change doesn't work in fora.pl converter but now I tryed to change it in phpBB2 converter and it works! In SQL file it looks ok.

Thank you very much for your help and for this amazing converters!
jsfisher

Post by jsfisher »

In members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py, I changed this

elif t=='ICQ': dat[12]=re.findall("""<a href="http://www.icq.com/people/webmsg.php\\?to=(.+?)\"""",i)[0]
to this

elif t=='ICQ': dat[12]=re.findall("""<a href="http://www.icq.com/people/(?:webmsg.php\\?to=)?(\\d+)/?\"""",i)[0]
to accommodate a change in how the ICQ link is presented.
starwingcorona

Post by starwingcorona »

I'm having a problem converting a specific thread on my Zetaboards forum: everything works out okay for the most part, but one single thread keeps getting ignored. Judging by its post count, I'm guessing the crawler is abandoning it due to its sheer size.

The thread in question can be found here. Is there a way to force the script to complete a pass through this thread and archive it in its entirety?
Dafalulu

Post by Dafalulu »

Hi, i've been trying to use this for a Forumotion forum, i've set up the settings file and executed cookies with "phpbb3_get_cookie", and then when i used the "members_topics_posts_phpBB3" script it said:
Member 1... Warning! Member Doesn't Exist!
Member 2... Warning! Member Doesn't Exist!
Member 3... Warning! Member Doesn't Exist!
and so on.

I've double-checked, and my Forumotion theme is phpBB3.

What should i do?
kokokurak

Post by kokokurak »

Hey guys,

I'm about to try to copy contents of a forum based on fora.pl (phpBB2) to my another phpBB2 instance. I found dedicated fora.pl crawler here, but it doesn't contain all necessary files.

My first thought is: why do those converters ask for things like last topic, user and forum ID? It seems like the easiest thing to do automatically comparing to copying forum structure.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

The fora.pl converter is a bit old. I did not implement forum structure conversion for these older converters.
kokokurak

Post by kokokurak »

Could you please give me a helping hand with what I'm trying to do? I tried several converters already, but they produce errors. Where should I start?
velinath

Post by velinath »

Hello!

I'm trying to use the phpBB2 crawler converter to convert a forum hosted with AtFreeForum. The script successfully retrieves categories, but not forums, topics, or posts. It doesn't give any errors, just exits with "0 topics and 0 posts converted". Any idea where to start troubleshooting?
velinath

Post by velinath »

Err, never mind - I made some changes to the Python script. I've attached the modified scripts if anyone else finds a need for them for migrating off of atfreeforum/getphpbb. Thanks!
Attachments
phpBB2.zip
Modified files.
(9.71 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
NoRia

Post by NoRia »

I'm having trouble converting a free ProBoards forum to phpBB3.

I tried a converter (crawler) I found here on this forum, but that wouldn't run. So downloaded the converter in SuddenLaunch.zip. I can get the script to run, but I get an error.

Can anyone please help me?

members_topics_posts.py:10: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlig instead
import os,re,sys,md5,random
Downloading Forum Structure...
Categories ... Downloading - 147456 bytes
Failed to get any categories :(
Please notify nneonneo.

members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py:11: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlig instead
import os,re,sys,md5,random
Downloading Forum Structure...
Categories ... Downloading - 147456 bytes
Failed to get any categories :(
Please notify nneonneo.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

ProBoards converter is no longer available due to nonspecific legal threats from the company.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”