[CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Suggested Hosts
nneonneo

Re: [CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Post by nneonneo »

The script is a bit dumb with the member IDs; it just scans them in order without regard to whether they exist or not. (Some converters are smarter and use the memberlist).

If you have a very sparse set of members, you can try altering the line "for memberid in xrange(...)" in the script; change the thing after the "in" to reflect the actual range of member IDs you have.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
morscerta

Post by morscerta »

nneonneo wrote:@orgijus: Hard to say. The hosts may have customized the phpBB templates enough to fool the converter. Sadly there is no workaround except to edit the regular expressions in the script yourself.

@morscerta: Seems right. Is it a ezBoard forum converted up to Yuku, by any chance?

@Belcegor: no plans at the moment. Try setting language to English. However, some multiforum systems use custom extensions to phpBB and require special modifications to make the converter work.

@Lumpy: Well, unfortunately, you have to crawl the members and the topics/posts in the same run, or they don't get linked up properly. (It sucks, but that's the way it's written now).

hello @nneonneo!

well... i don't know exactly if it was a ezBoard.
what i really know is that was a Forumer.com forum,that had a phpBB3 forums. then they were converted in Yuku forums.
it helps you in something ?
the sad part is that i can't still convert this 5 year old forum,to backup my messages...
thanks anyway!!
maxlinux2000

Post by maxlinux2000 »

hi all,
I'm trying to migrate to phpbb3 the forum faidateforum.forumfree.it.
I just found this script which in theory should allow the convert web pages into a consistent database.
but I have some doubts about the configuration in Converters/ForumeIPB/settings.py. Please see below.

1. The id numbers and forum post might be correct?

2. The value COCKIESDATA where is it? I followed the instructions but iceweasel 10 (firefox 10 for debian), nothing happens. There is another way to get the same result?

Code: Select all

# ---GLOBAL SETTINGS---

# Prefix of your forum tables
table_prefix='forum_'

# Make this value at least as high as the highest topic ID, if not higher. You can check by making a new topic and seeing what the showtopic= value is. Making it higher provides some protection against new topics.
NUMTOPICS=535450074

# Make this value at least as high as the highest forum ID, if not higher.
NUMFORUMS=18

# PLACE COOKIE DATA HERE.
# Visit the forum, login and type "javascript:document.cookie" (w/o quotes) into the address bar. Copy all the text to COOKIEDATA and put single quotes (') around it.
COOKIEDATA=''

# URL to your index.php file
URL='http://faidateforum.forumfree.it'

regards,
MaX
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

In newer Firefox versions, you can get the cookie by going to Tools->Web Developer->Web Console and typing in "document.cookie" (no quotes).

The result may have a time code attached (e.g. [12:28:21.821]); make sure to remove that before putting the cookie in the COOKIEDATA parameter.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
cyber_sleuth

Post by cyber_sleuth »

Hey, Im having some major trouble crawling a forumer board with this software.

As far as I can see it the main issues are that the UIDs are really really weird. My uid which is the most recent on the forum (of around 220 members) is approximately 867865 with no others accessible within 220 on either side. Second, I am fairly sure that there is an issue with the memberlist.php syntax used. Testing via a browser, simply using the ?u=xxxxxx syntax does not work, I also have to add in the sid parameter manually. Which obviously presents some problems when running the script. When I then added in the sid manually into the script it still didnt pick up my account. It still goes straight past it saying that there is no user :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated

(Im beginning to hate forumer....)
Lutten
Name: iRockstar Stark

Post by Lutten »

Is there a phpBB convertor for ZetaBoards?
welshtony

Post by welshtony »

Hi there. For the past week I have been trying to convert my board from ZetaBoards to phpBB. I have followed the instructions in the notepad document listed as "Instructions" to the letter but when I get onto stage 4 (the importing of the files) I always get this error
Error
SQL query:

TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_forums` ;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1146 - Table 'f6ocphpbb.smf_forums' doesn't exist

Please help. I don't want to loose all of my forum.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

if you "truncate " a table that means to empty it. therefore anything in the table would be gone.

not sure why you would be wanting to empty any of the tables.

also, the error tells you the problem. it wants to truncate/empty the forums table but the table does not exist.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

welshtony wrote:Hi there. For the past week I have been trying to convert my board from ZetaBoards to phpBB. I have followed the instructions in the notepad document listed as "Instructions" to the letter but when I get onto stage 4 (the importing of the files) I always get this error
Error
SQL query:

TRUNCATE TABLE `smf_forums` ;

#1146 - Table 'f6ocphpbb.smf_forums' doesn't exist
Please help. I don't want to loose all of my forum.
The table prefix needs to match your database. Please change

table_prefix
in

settings.py
to

phpbb_
or similar.
welshtony

Post by welshtony »

Thank you for the replies.

I followed the instructions and it said to "Import" the data to the server, that is exactly what I tried to do so no idea why it was trying to "Truncate" it. I never know what truncate ment till you just said.

Thank you nneonneo,
That is probably exactly my issue. I will have a look at settings.py tonight when I get back home.

Thanks

Tony
welshtony

Post by welshtony »

Just to update, that was the issue and I am now up and running on the new board :)

Thanks
Dskod1
Name: Dylan Skoda

Post by Dskod1 »

Hello

Wondering if I could get some help here.

I have recently installed PHPBB 3.0.12 and am trying to get my posts, categories, and users from my zetaboards forum to the phpbb forum. I am up to the stage of importing the categories where I receive the following error.

Error
SQL query:

TRUNCATE TABLE  `phpbb_categories` ;

#1146 - Table 'swagu_rpgasm.phpbb_categories' doesn't exist 
My settings.py is set to "phpbb_"

I understand the error but don't understand why it is appearing. Is it differences in the version support?

any help will be much appreciated
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

The Zetaboards converter is older, and only converts to phpBB2. You'll have to install a phpBB2 forum, upload the database to that forum, and then convert that again to phpBB3.
ks_aramis

Post by ks_aramis »

Hi! Thanks for great work!

I have problem trying to convert my "fora.pl" forum.
I used fora.pl converter from the older package but it's not working for me. It converts members but don't convert topics. It says that every topic is empty. I have set date to U, language to english, theme to subSilver and timezone to GMT in both - profile and ACP - still don't work.

I found the other (newer) package of converters. There is no fora.pl converter but I tryed to use a phpBB2 converter. It worked good, converted all members, categories and topics but topics aren't connected to members. Every topic in database have a topic_poster value set to -1 so every post in forum is posted by guest user and not by real users. Is there any way to fix it? I don't know python at all so I can't figure it out by myself.

Thanks in advance for your help!
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I wonder about this. I am still successfully converting fora.pl using the old fora.pl converter. Can I perhaps have a look at your forum?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”