[CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
ninouee

Re: [CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Post by ninouee »

Hello,

Friends and me search help to convert ou forum who was created on forumactif, the same as foromotion, but in french.

We try to use this converter https://github.com/Roromis/Lalf-Forumactif but is too old and we have a lot of error when it try to downlad members.

Do you have a software / program up to date to download our database?

Thank you. (a french lost lady :mrgreen: )
Sorry for my poor english, it’s not my first langage but i work on it ;)
aeonsablaze

Post by aeonsablaze »

@nneonneo

Hello,

First let me say thank you for the extraordinary amount of work you have put into this program (a developer still posting in a thread after five years? holy dedication batman!). So thank you muchly for that.

Now onto my problem.

I am attempting to convert a freeforums.org board and am recieving the dreaded "Error: Topic is empty!". Downloading Members/Forum Structure seems to be running fine. The critical_error.log file is blank.

I have set the date code to "U" in my profile and changed my theme to prosilver. The instructions say to change to "English" and mine only has "British English" as an option so hopefully that is close enough.

I searched this thread for the error message and tried every related solution I could find before finally posting here. I can provide a link via PM if you would like.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
aeonsablaze

Post by aeonsablaze »

After reading a few posts I may have missed before my best guess is that my problem is caused by this forum using "SEO" urls. It seems this cannot be disabled for freeforums. I found a previous post referring to this but it also refers to the "forumer_phpbb3" converter which doesn't seem to exist anymore. I'm guessing it was folded into the normal phpbb3 crawler. Is there a way to use the phpbb3 crawler converter on seo links? Thanks.
squowse

Post by squowse »

Hi and thank you. I'll be trying to use the phpbb3.0 converter to crawl our forum hosted on forums-free.com

if anyone can help me that would be great. We have only limited knowledge. Firstly we are setting up a new forum independently hosted using phpbb3.0 software.
Last edited by squowse on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
squowse

Post by squowse »

Hi, again - thanks in advance to anyone who can help. The following is taken from the instructions fro the phpBB3 converter which I think is the right one to use -
2) Change some settings in settings.py (edit the file)
table_prefix
When you set up your forum software, what prefix did you use (default will depend on the exact software used; it's usually the product name plus an underscore)
URL
URL to the board's root (http://<name>.<number>.<domain>.<com|net|etc.>/)
Am I right in thinking this is for the forum that is to be crawled? I am not sure how to find the table_prefix.
Also I have the URL but not sure how to find the <number>.

EDIT - left the table prefix as phpbb_
The <number> is not required, just the boards web address
Last edited by squowse on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aeonsablaze

Post by aeonsablaze »

squowse wrote:Am I right in thinking this is for the forum that is to be crawled? I am not sure how to find the table_prefix.
I have been working under the assumption that the table_prefix is for the forum you are transferring to. You should not need the prefix for the forum being crawled as are not accessing the database (otherwise you wouldn't need this program).

On the other hand I still have yet to get mine to work so...
squowse

Post by squowse »

Many many thanks from myself and all our users. It didn't turn out to be that hard in the end.

One thing that did trip me up momentarily is that the member, topics, categories script threw an error on forums that had more than 1 page of topics and also on topics that had more than 1 page of posts.

eg -
Topic ID 321
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\RW\Downloads\Crawler Converters\Converters\phpBB3\members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py", line 494, in <module>
perpage=int(perpage[0])
IndexError: list index out of range
I sidestepped this problem by setting the max number of topics and posts displayed per page to 500 in the ACP.

After that the only problem was that my "admin" status did not come across. I edited this in the MySQL database on the server and I was back in business.

I am presuming that the "passwords.py" routine send the pms out using the old site?
I will have to pick a moment when it is up!
squowse

Post by squowse »

another problem I have got around - the member email addresses did not come across - they were not in the SQL file.

I got around this by making sure that

1) "Users send email by the board" was disabled
2) Ran "get cookie" using my admin account so that email addresses were now visible.
3) Re-ran members, topics, categories script
vdubjim

Post by vdubjim »

I dont think i understand this, sorry for clogging up this thread.

php 3 from a free forum host…. http://oklahomavwcruisers.freeforum.ca/index.php

I installed python 2.7.8 (osx)
i downloaded the convertors from pg 1.

edited the settings.py

double click get cookie, bunch of text opens in the python window, nothing happens. i try RUN MODULE.
says "confusables database not found" asks for my username, then sits there……..

am i doing something wrong?
vdubjim

Post by vdubjim »

anyone?
squowse

Post by squowse »

What do you mean by "nothing happens"?
You might want to copy and paste the bunch of text.
vdubjim

Post by vdubjim »

thats the thing. it says what i wrote ^^^

then no text or anything happens. never asks for password or anything per the directions.
vdubjim

Post by vdubjim »

so got parellels working and python installed under XP, and cannot get the script to run per the directions.

i get; get_cookie is not a valid win32 app.

--oh and my previous post was deleted, sorry for "asking" for help directly, i really need to get this converted before the old site goes away and all the posts are lost :oops: :oops: :oops:
Parin

Post by Parin »

For those who have converted away from Zetaboards, please read this post. I'm experiencing a problem when I attempt to run the crawler on my message board, and I believe the crawler may have been blocked by them at this point. Below is an example of the issue:

Can anyone try running the converter on their Zetaboards community and see if they get the same error?
starwingcorona

Post by starwingcorona »

I'm currently trying to convert a Zetaboards forum, but the converter is bringing up the "Member doesn't exist" error every time in spite of the fact it is able to initially detect Members from the Memberlist.

I'm not particularly skilled in Python, but after reading through the script to the point the error keeps coming up I have a theory this is due to changes in Zetaboards' HTML template layout on the Profile page that have ruined the detection method. This would also explain why a prior method was unable to pull avatars and signatures from the crawl.

Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Python to fix it or to even be certain if that is what's wrong.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”