[CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
nneonneo

Re: [CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Post by nneonneo »

I would, but this version has some specific hacks for freeforums.

Later I am planning on properly integrating it and pushing it back up to the first-post converters.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
Prasas

Post by Prasas »

@nneonneo
I have try updated PHPBB3 converter that you attach
and still give same error
hiddentapir

Post by hiddentapir »

EDIT: I slept on it and found the solution myself: 'Advanced' profiles were still switched on (on jcink it's called portal style). Anyone having the "Member doesn't exist" issue -- that could be an easy fix :)
Prasas

Post by Prasas »

@nneonneo
i do turn off all mod in my forum and the converter is work
thank you nneonneo
irus_web

Post by irus_web »

Is there a crawler to convert vBulletin to phpBB (or anything else)?
HGN
Former Team Member
Name: Alfred

Post by HGN »

You are looking for a crawler (meaning you have no access to the database)?
feldon30

Post by feldon30 »

So I'm curious.

If ZetaBoards adds a line to their Terms and Conditions saying that the use of third party scripts to "scrape" forum posts is forbidden, and then sends an e-mail to phpbb.com requesting that this thread be deleted and/or all scripts removed, would we see the same thing happen that has happened with ProBoards?
orgijus

Post by orgijus »

Hi,
I'm trying to use phpBB2 crawler to backup my forum database, yet without success.
Currently my forum is hosted by setbb.com, phpBB version 2.0.23. I want to move somewhere else because they refuse either to upgrade to phpBB3 or to provide me with database backup.
I followed the crawler instructions carefully. Downloading members seems to work ok but I can't download any topics (it says "completed" but 0 posts and 0 topics).
Have you got any ideas how to make it work?
morscerta

Post by morscerta »

hello guys!

this is my first post on the forum and would like to ask some help when i'm trying to convert yuku to phpbb.
I downloaded the latest version of the crawler, and follow the step-by-step within "settings.py."
after run it on python 2.7,it starts to download with no problems the forum structure, boards, admin list,etc... however, in the step of downloading the threads and posts, it returns the following message:
Topic 583, Board 4 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic 584, Board 4 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic 73, Board 4 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic 78, Board 4 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic 607, Board 4 ... Error: Topic is empty!
looking here on this topic, i found this post informing about a possible misconfiguration on time and date of the board: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1761395#p11208015

But after make sure that the information contained in "settings.py" and the board are the same, I keep getting the same error.

here go a print of my board and the "settings.py" file configuration:

could someone give me a hint to how solve this?
Thank you.
Belcegor

Post by Belcegor »

Hi, sorry for my english.

Is there a posibility to do a crawler for multiforos.es?

Im trying to use the phpbb2 and nothing, my forum is phpbb2.

I do all the instructions and i get only some users and 0 topics.

If you need more information, please, tell me.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I just used this to crawl a phpbb2 board from one of the free hosts. It worked ok. took a long time.
over 48 hours to get 12,230 members and 6500 posts.

had to keep starting over the script and change the members to 1 so it wouldn't do them again and finally I got the right combination of things that allowed it to get the topics and posts.

once setup in phpbb2 all of the members are listed as guests so there is no profile info showing up .

any idea how to make all of the users show up as registered again.

they all show up as active in the memberlist.

thanks,
robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

@orgijus: Hard to say. The hosts may have customized the phpBB templates enough to fool the converter. Sadly there is no workaround except to edit the regular expressions in the script yourself.

@morscerta: Seems right. Is it a ezBoard forum converted up to Yuku, by any chance?

@Belcegor: no plans at the moment. Try setting language to English. However, some multiforum systems use custom extensions to phpBB and require special modifications to make the converter work.

@Lumpy: Well, unfortunately, you have to crawl the members and the topics/posts in the same run, or they don't get linked up properly. (It sucks, but that's the way it's written now).
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
Lumpy Burgertushie

nneonneo wrote:@orgijus: Hard to say. The hosts may have customized the phpBB templates enough to fool the converter. Sadly there is no workaround except to edit the regular expressions in the script yourself.

@morscerta: Seems right. Is it a ezBoard forum converted up to Yuku, by any chance?

@Belcegor: no plans at the moment. Try setting language to English. However, some multiforum systems use custom extensions to phpBB and require special modifications to make the converter work.

@Lumpy: Well, unfortunately, you have to crawl the members and the topics/posts in the same run, or they don't get linked up properly. (It sucks, but that's the way it's written now).
ah, that makes sense. I will have to start over. thanks for the fast response.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
Lumpy Burgertushie

next question;

the highest user ID is 13,320 I just deleted all but 454 of those users.

now, if I start over and put in that 13320 number it will have to go through all of those numbers again and take another 48 hours to do so.

do I have to put that ID number in the script for it to work? or can I just give it the actual number of users?

thanks
robert

Lumpy Burgertushie

phpbbplanet phpbb2 board:

getting this error when trying to get the members:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\a1phpbb\1phpbb3\MODs\Converters\phpBB2\members_topics_posts_phpBB.py", line 259, in <module>
    dat[3]=re.findall('<input [^>]*name="email"[^>]*value="([^"]*)" />', admindata)[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

I can remove the sid in the setting file and do not get the error. the script seems to be running fine however it is not putting anything but the anonymous user in the sql file.

I have let it run for over 175 members and stopped it and the anonymous user is all that is in the file. and it is in there twice.

any ideas?

robert

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”