[CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
nneonneo

Re: [CONVERT] Crawler Converters (Forumer, ZetaBoards, etc.)

Post by nneonneo »

Image tags: attached converter fixes this.

Smileys: they're working fine for me; can you check that enable_smilies is being set on all the posts? By default, it should be (the column default is 1, and the generated SQL doesn't include that column).

(and yes, the STK allows you to reparse BBCode, though I was under the impression that you were converting to phpBB2 and then onwards to phpBB3)
Attachments
InvisionPlus.zip
InvisionPlus converter [Jun 3 2010], now with images
(27.63 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
DJDunk

Post by DJDunk »

Yes, enable_smilies = 1 for all posts. I did indeed load into PHPBB2 then convert to the latest PHPBB3.

When running reparse BBCode I get . . . Step 0 completed. Moving on to step 1 in a moment... then a blank white screen? :?

Edit: I changed $step_size = 100 and it seems to be moving now . . . will see what results I get.

Edit: BBCode reparse completed, but no changes apparent
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

DJDunk wrote:Yes, enable_smilies = 1 for all posts. I did indeed load into PHPBB2 then convert to the latest PHPBB3.

When running reparse BBCode I get . . . Step 0 completed. Moving on to step 1 in a moment... then a blank white screen? :?

Edit: I changed $step_size = 100 and it seems to be moving now . . . will see what results I get.

Edit: BBCode reparse completed, but no changes apparent
DJDunk wrote:(IMG:[url=http://www.images.com/image.jpg:g7211nrb]http://www.images.com/image.jpg[/url:g7211nrb])
The BBCode reparser will not fix IMG link those because the format is all wrong.
The smilies did not get fixed, because the BBCode reparser only looks at posts that have BBCode in them. This will be changed in the next version. The best way to fix your IMG BBCode and smilies is to rerun the convertor with the new updated convertor.
Have you hugged someone today?
DJDunk

Post by DJDunk »

Thank you, I've trashed the merged topics and will re-run again.
DJDunk

Post by DJDunk »

I've re-run with the latest version and images are perfect now 8-)

My custom smiley codes and custom bbcode (youtube etc) has not converted - this is what will be in the new STK?

Is there a mod available to do this in the meantime?

Edit: Hmmm, seems some (custom and original) smilies have converted okay and some not - odd. Extra carriage returns in the posts too.
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

Did the smiley images get copied to phpBB3?

To make the reparse BBCode tool do all the posts:

OPEN stk/tools/admin/reparse_bbcode.php
FIND

Code: Select all

'WHERE'		=> "p.bbcode_bitfield != '' AND t.topic_id = p.topic_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id",
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

'WHERE'		=> "t.topic_id = p.topic_id AND u.user_id = p.poster_id AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id",
Have you hugged someone today?
DJDunk

Post by DJDunk »

Thanks Dicky - that edit has done the job perfectly. Great support from you guys - can't thank you enough.

I merged the topics/posts into an existing forum which had the correct smilies and codes in place, so it just needed the reparse. Just the extra carriage returns between paragraphs in the posts left, which I can live with.
DJDunk

Post by DJDunk »

Onto my second small InvisionPlus conversion :)

This one doesn't seem to pick up the users for some reason? I get: 'Member doesn't exist' for every one. None are detected.

The forum url is: Edited
Last edited by DJDunk on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I'm not sure what could be wrong. Can you check the instructions and make sure you've changed all the necessary preferences?

If that doesn't work, I'll want to look at the forum.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
DJDunk

Post by DJDunk »

Yes, I've changed all of the settings and double checked. The forums, topics and posts are extracted fine, just not the users.

Link to the fourm is in my above post
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I can't view profiles, even with an account.
DJDunk

Post by DJDunk »

It was denied in the permissions - try now
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I see the problem; there are some custom fields on the profile which I didn't account for in the converter.

Luckily, it's a simple fix to ignore custom fields, so the fixed scripts are attached.
Attachments
InvisionPlus.zip
Fixed members scripts for InvisionPlus
(6.45 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
DJDunk

Post by DJDunk »

You're a legend - thank you yet again :D
JMVS

Post by JMVS »

Dear nneonneo,

It seems you have written an amazing tool for all of us trying to migrate from free forums to our own ones. Thank you very much for that. :D

Now, the request, I have a forum hosted at foroes.org (the actual forum is this: (http://laultimasalida.foroes.org/) which is currently using phpBB (obviously they won't let me export the database) and would I would like to import all the data to my own installation of phpBB 3 on a private hosting.
Could you please be kind enough to let me know if any of your tools for other forums could work in my case or point me out which modifications should I do to make it work in foroes.org? I have no experience with Python but I'm willing to try...

Thank you very much in advance.

/Jose

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”