Error while converting

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Ideas Centre
Sweet_Amstaff_Sarah

Error while converting

Post by Sweet_Amstaff_Sarah »

I installed the phpbb 3.0.5 and wanted to convert my old phpbb2.0.22 but while converting i got the http 500 error. I asked my server what could be causing the problem and they told me its just because they have a php memory limit of 24MB and max execution time of 30 sec. It doesn't seem that they will extend those things.
I got stuck at the update_unread_count();: ready
step 3 out of 7

Is there an other way to convert the board or do I really have to go and search for an other server?
Sweet_Amstaff_Sarah

Re: Error while converting

Post by Sweet_Amstaff_Sarah »

when i go see my forum index page, i got nothing but when i login to the administration panel, i get to see all the board forum and subforums, and all the members are in there also. is this normal? What could I do to make them visible by hand or is it impossible?
I did the convertion step by step and after filling in the tables I had to push the button with Continue last instructions and then on step 3 out of 7 I got the error. What does the last 4 steps do then?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”