Merge two phpbb3 forums

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Re: Merge two phpbb3 forums

Post by Jackanape » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:07 am

If I recall correctly, the info you refer to from this topic will merge identical usernames into one. If they have different usernames, after the merge, try using "Support ToolKit" which will help in your final cleanup!

Good luck, and remember--keep a copy of your initial dBs, just in case!
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :

andrew55

Post by andrew55 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:20 pm

Jackanape - thanks for the insight. I will surely back up everything.

Nachonal

Post by Nachonal » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:39 pm

Hey there, first of all, thanks for your support.

I wanna merge my two forums, but I have a problem:

One forum has a lot MODS installed, I try to Install the same MODS in the another one (both are the same version of phpbb 3.0.12), but the estructure of the db doesnt have the same order (doesnt work installed per order)
Example:

phpbb_forum table
Source:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbbz_forums` (`forum_id`, `parent_id`, `left_id`, `right_id`, `forum_parents`, `forum_name`, `forum_desc`, `forum_desc_bitfield`, `forum_desc_options`, `forum_desc_uid`, `forum_link`, `forum_password`, `forum_style`, `forum_image`, `forum_rules`, `forum_rules_link`, `forum_rules_bitfield`, `forum_rules_options`, `forum_rules_uid`, `forum_topics_per_page`, `forum_type`, `forum_status`, `forum_posts`, `forum_topics`, `forum_topics_real`, `forum_last_post_id`, `forum_last_poster_id`, `forum_last_post_subject`, `forum_last_post_time`, `forum_last_poster_name`, `forum_last_poster_colour`, `forum_flags`, `forum_options`, `display_subforum_list`, `display_on_index`, `enable_indexing`, `enable_icons`, `enable_prune`, `prune_next`, `prune_days`, `prune_viewed`, `prune_freq`, `forum_allow_solve`, `forum_allow_unsolve`, `forum_lock_solved`, `forum_solve_text`, `forum_solve_color`, `forum_evaluation`, `forum_perpost`, `forum_peredit`, `forum_pertopic`, `forum_costs`, `forum_recent_topics`, `force_attr`) VALUES
Target

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_forums` (`forum_id`, `parent_id`, `left_id`, `right_id`, `forum_parents`, `forum_name`, `forum_desc`, `forum_desc_bitfield`, `forum_desc_options`, `forum_desc_uid`, `forum_link`, `forum_password`, `forum_style`, `forum_image`, `forum_rules`, `forum_rules_link`, `forum_rules_bitfield`, `forum_rules_options`, `forum_rules_uid`, `forum_topics_per_page`, `forum_type`, `forum_status`, `forum_posts`, `forum_topics`, `forum_topics_real`, `forum_recent_topics`, `forum_last_post_id`, `forum_last_poster_id`, `forum_last_post_subject`, `forum_last_post_time`, `forum_last_poster_name`, `forum_last_poster_colour`, `forum_flags`, `forum_options`, `display_subforum_list`, `display_on_index`, `enable_indexing`, `enable_icons`, `enable_prune`, `prune_next`, `prune_days`, `prune_viewed`, `prune_freq`, `forum_perpost`, `forum_peredit`, `forum_pertopic`, `forum_evaluation`, `forum_allow_solve`, `forum_allow_unsolve`, `forum_lock_solved`, `forum_solve_text`, `forum_solve_color`, `enable_topic_seo`, `force_attr`) VALUES
Can you help me please?

Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:42 am

I would just use phpMyAdmin to reorder your target dB, which should solve the problem. There may be better solutions, but that's what I'd do.
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :

Nachonal

Post by Nachonal » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:09 am

I did it!

Excelent tutorial!!

MaFeSa

Post by MaFeSa » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:57 pm

Hi, this tutorial does not work with phpbb 3.1.3 because have been changed many entries in the database :cry:

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”