Good morning all:
Well, after some testing last night, I've decided to rewrite Y2B3W7 using yahoo2mbox as the "download engine" (for the lack of a better term). This will allow for at least partial automatic processing.
Depending on the size of your board, the downloading of the Yahoo posts might take a bit. So, to give you a head start, I'll give you part of the steps now. When the final program is released, some of these steps will be automated.
1. You must download and install the ActivePerl program from:
1.1. Before installing, please read everything first.
2. Download program version:
Win 32-bit: ActivePerl-126.96.36.1990-MSWin32-x86-295879.msi
Win 64-bit: ActivePerl-188.8.131.520-MSWin32-x64-295879.msi
3. Install the program, but note:
3.1. By default the program installs in C:\Perl
3.2. I installed it in C:\Program Files\Perl (I have a 32-bit Windows 7).
3.3. The plans are that the rewrite of Y2B3W7 will expect the PERL program to be located here. For now, if you install it anywhere else, you'll have to modify the commands given below manually, no support will be provided for this.
4. Go to my site listed here, and download the MODIFIED YAHOO2MBOX SCRIPT. This is the only script that will work with Y2B3W7. If you attempt to use any other version, or modify it in any way, Y2B3W7 will fail to work.
5. Create a folder called C:\TEMP02 and extract the script into that location. This will only be temporary, until the rewrite is complete.
6. Create a "bat" file with the following (just what is between the two "======" lines. See notes below.
"c:\Program Files\perl\bin\perl.exe" c:\temp02\irwtk_yahoo2mbox.pl --u
ser=(your yahoo e-mail) --pass=(your yahoo password) -o C:\temp02\(mailbox_name).irwtk --
next ### --x-yahoo --debug (group name as it appears in the addressbar when logged in) > log.txt
7. Now if you start getting errors, and then files like "bad_4400.html" shows up. This means that most likely you're getting error 999. See notes below.
8. Using the command above (next ###) will automatically determine the last message the script downloaded, so you don't have to worry about specifying the next message to start with.
9. After creating the bat file in #6, simply locate it using Windows Explorer, and double click on it. Repeat this process until all posts are downloaded.
1. If you don't know what "bat" files are, please look it up on the Internet.
2. (your yahoo e-mail) = your e-mail like email@example.com
3. (your yahoo password) = your actual password (no quotes)
4. (mailbox_name) = physical filename without an extension (no quotes). The program (Y2B3W7) will expect an extension of irwtk.
5. ### = the number of records to download with each running of the command. I recommend not more than 500, because Yahoo might lock your IP.
6. (group name as it appears in the addressbar when logged in) = this is the name of your group in the addressbar (e.g. my-group) (no quotes).
7. Now Yahoo may lock you (your IP) out if you download too much at one time, usually an error 999. To get around that, either download it in blocks, maybe 1500-2000 max, wait for awhile, then to the next batch, or get a new IP. Usually you can do this by rebooting your Modem, and let it recycle. For me I can unplug it from the power for a few seconds, plug it in, and it will get a new IP from your ISP. There are a few other ways, but this is the easist.
8. If you don't know that a bat file is, please google it.
9. The rewrite of Y2B3W7 will expect the downloaded messages to be in a file with the extention of "irwtk".