IF -> phpbb2 - Fatal Error

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Suggested Hosts
LittleTiger
Name: Sandra

IF -> phpbb2 - Fatal Error

Post by LittleTiger » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:10 am

Hello,

I am trying to convert an IF forum to phpbb2.23 in prep to upgrade it to phpbb 3.0.6.

I have tried to import the exported sql files several times and several different ways. However, whenever it gets to the actual posts text, it ends up with this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80146 bytes) in C:\wamp\apps\phpmyadmin3.2.0.1\libraries\sqlparser.lib.php on line 342

That line refers to something within quotation marks....

I first tried a straight import of a 6mb file.

I next tried BigDump.

I then tried manually breaking up the topics_posts_phpbb.sql (hahaha)

Lastly, I have tried the sql splitter provided with the the converter files. The file it has choked on is only 80kb.

I am assuming that the issue is some kind of special character contained within a post????

Can anyone suggest a solution to this? Or help me identify the problem at least?

FYI - I have already changed all mem settings so it is not actually a memory issue.

phpMyAdmin = Ver 3.2.01
PHP = ver 5.3.0
Apache = ver 2.2.1

Windows 7.

Thanks very much!

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: IF -> phpbb2 - Fatal Error

Post by D¡cky » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:30 am

What convertor are you using that provides an sql file splitter?

phpMyAdmin has a filesize limit of 2MB. The limit can be increased, but we are not here to tell you how to modify your wamp.

BigDump does not like extended inserts. If your file has extended inserts and you want to use BigDump, do a database backup without extended inserts.

The best way to import the sql file is with MySQL command line. I am not familiar with Windows 7, so my directions may not be exactly correct.
Open the Command Prompt from your Windows 7 Start Menu
Now you need to change to your wamp MySQL directory. I assume your mysql version is 5.1.36
Enter at the command prompt: cd c:\{PATH_TO_WAMP_DIRECTORY}\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.36\bin
Enter at the command prompt: mysql -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD --default_character-set=utf8 DATABASE_NAME < PATH_TO_FILE\FILENAME.EXT
The items in capital letters need to be replace with the actual values.
Have you hugged someone today?

LittleTiger

Post by LittleTiger » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:06 am

Dicky,

It is this one Crawler converter. Perhaps I should have asked in that thread now that I think about it... sorry.

I was just wondering about the error and what it meant. ;) in case I run into the same issue when I do this on my live server.

I did try BigDump and it gave the same error. As I mentioned, I tried it the right way (import) and then Bigdump and then manually splitting the file and then with the sql file splitter. Same error.

Thanks for the command line instructions, I shall try that :)

----

Okay, I tried that and it did not work. But I see syntax error in the instructions.. so shall try with the commands listed in the help. But I have to go to work now so will try later... Thanks again!

LittleTiger

Post by LittleTiger » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 am

Dicky,

I am very happy!!! The command line worked and I have now successfully imported the old forum to phpbb2. I wish I had known about that a week ago :lol: it was so easy and quick.

For anyone else that comes along and tries to use the command line, it should be "default_character_set" in place of "default_character-set" in Dicky's reply to me.

Thank you very much for the help!

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”