vBulletin 4.0.x to phpBB 3.0.x

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Rusty2009

Re: vBulletin 4.0.x to phpBB 3.0.x

Post by Rusty2009 »

Having problems converting VB 4.2.0 to PHPBB3 3.1.3 keep getting the following error

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/convertors/functions_vb4.php on line 1634: include(./../includes/db/db_tools.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/convertors/functions_vb4.php on line 1634: include(./../includes/db/db_tools.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/convertors/functions_vb4.php on line 1634: include(): Failed opening './../includes/db/db_tools.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear53:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/ZendFramework')
Can anybody help please.
squeakster

Post by squeakster »

I'm trying to run this script going from vBulletin 4.0.7 to phpBB 3.0.14. Each time I run the script, it dies somewhere around post # 380000 and gives a 502 bad gateway error. The nginx error log shows:

[error] 20853#20853: *138066 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream, client: (my laptop), server: myserver.com, request: "GET /phpBB3/install/index.php?mode=convert&sub=in_progress&tag=vb4&current_table=9&skip_rows=381934&language=en HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "myserver.com", referrer: "http://myserver.com/phpBB3/install/index.php?mode=convert&sub=in_progress&tag=vb4&current_table=9&skip_rows=373683&language=en"
Any help would be very much appreciated.
squeakster

Post by squeakster »

I had a post with a very long unbroken string of characters. I replaced the content of it and it's carrying on fine.
fiat-scotland

help with conversion

Post by fiat-scotland »

hello all

i have being trying for a while now to migrate my old vBulletin 4.2.0 forum to phpbb 3.1 but found out its easier to move to phpbb3 then onto 3.1. im using this converter ( viewtopic.php?p=13252438#p13252438 ) i downloaded everything locally all the databses are intact etc and i am running it on a wamp server at home. the conversion was going great till it gets to table 9 skip rows 19937 and it then crashes and displays connection reset on chrome any help would be much appreciated :D
fiat-scotland

help with converter getting stuck on post

Post by fiat-scotland »

hello

my post was moved last time to a dead thread kind of annoying

the problem is when i run the converter and it starts to move the posts over it gets about 30 posts in and just stops the next post i have edited to just say edited in it so there should be no fouling posts left but the converter just stops and goes no further any help other than moving this thread would be much appreciated :D
1stsaz

Post by 1stsaz »

I am having the exact same issue. I noticed a few others are as well.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts that could break this conversion logjam? Thanks.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/install/convertors/functions_vb4.php on line 1634: include(): Failed opening './../includes/db/db_tools.php' for inclusion

(include_path='.:/usr/php/54/usr/lib64:/usr/php/54/usr/share/pear')
SharpShot.gif

Post by SharpShot.gif »

The script you guys are using is for phpbb3.0 if you have phpbb3.1 installed its not going to work

It would be nice if someone updated it to work with the new version.
kittrad

Post by kittrad »

+1 to that please. Add me up on that update.
Ubuntu 14.04.1 | 500GB | 8GB RAM Image

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”