conversion fails (phpbb2 to phpbb3)

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
n2o

Re: conversion fails (phpbb2 to phpbb3)

Post by n2o » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:17 pm

n2o wrote:
D¡cky wrote:
n2o wrote:The last post in my phpbb3 database is 341092. When I look in my phpbb2 database 341092 is the last post. There are no other posts after it ????
You sorted by post_id to verify that it is the last post?

The next table to be converted after the posts table is the private messages table. It is possible that the private messages is giving you the same problem that you had with the posts.

Thanks for the info Ill take a look now.

Im sure you hear this all the time but you are the man !! That was it. Back on track once again. Thank you so very much .

I do have another question though. I have converted this database before with an earlier version of phpbb30 ? and had no problems getting past these posts. What is it that changed in the new conversion ? Could just be a simple change to something ?

n2o

Post by n2o » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Conversion completed thanks again for all your help :D

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:53 pm

n2o wrote: I have converted this database before with an earlier version of phpbb30 ? and had no problems getting past these posts. What is it that changed in the new conversion ? Could just be a simple change to something ?
Nothing has changed in the convertor. If anything has changed, it would be in the core phpBB files
Have you hugged someone today?

cioto

Post by cioto » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Hi everybody,
I am having same problems: the conversion stops at step 17, after 150k posts (I have 1 million posts).
I tried setting memory limit, max file size and other settings as suggested, nothing changed.
I also tried setting batch_size and num_wait_rows to 10, but it takes HOURS, my PC will work 1 day or more to get to post 150k.
Any suggestion?
Thank you so much.

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:06 am

cioto wrote:Hi everybody,
I am having same problems: the conversion stops at step 17, after 150k posts (I have 1 million posts).
I tried setting memory limit, max file size and other settings as suggested, nothing changed.
I also tried setting batch_size and num_wait_rows to 10, but it takes HOURS, my PC will work 1 day or more to get to post 150k.
Any suggestion?
Thank you so much.
Read from this post down please. There is a link in that post to a 20 step procedure which will be much faster for you, plus some of the later posts may have useful tips.
Have you hugged someone today?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”