Calculating post_checksum

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Suggested Hosts
GibsonLP

Calculating post_checksum

Post by GibsonLP »

Hi again, I somehow missed this field and didn't ask about it in my original post, sorry for that -
I see that there is a post_checksum field, it looks like an md5 but when I run md5 on one of the posts in my own forum - the result was different than the value in the database, is there anything in post_text that is not being included in the checksum calculation? is there any other value included besides this field?

Thanks!
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: Calculating post_checksum

Post by D¡cky »

The function is $foo = md5($message_parser->message)
What the message parser has to submit to the database may not be exactly what is stored in the database. I am thinking escaped characters which is probably why you are getting a different MD5 value.

I actually wouldn't worry about the post_checksum. The phpBB2 to phpBB3 convertor does not calculate it. The field is used when editing a post to see if any actual changes have been made when submitting such as if someone else had edited the post while you were editing it.
Have you hugged someone today?
GibsonLP

Post by GibsonLP »

Thanks!
NewToPHPBoards

Post by NewToPHPBoards »

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead.

Is it still true, that in PHPBB version 3.1.6, I don't need to worry about calculating the checksum for a import of posts via a migration?
FoFa
Name: Daniel L.

Post by FoFa »

Hello,

Maybe you could create a new topic... Well, use submit_post() function and all will be done automatically.

But... what kind of migration are you talking about ?
Formly ForumsFaciles :wink:

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”