Adding a New Setting to the Convertor

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Ideas Centre
BrokenCrust

Adding a New Setting to the Convertor

Post by BrokenCrust »

I would like to add a new input box (a drop-down list) to the convertor settings screen to collect an additional setting from the user for the conversion process. Has anyone done this or have an example of how to do it?
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: Adding a New Setting to the Convertor

Post by D¡cky »

No one has ever added an additional setting. What setting are you thinking of implementing?
Have you hugged someone today?
BrokenCrust

Re: Adding a New Setting to the Convertor

Post by BrokenCrust »

I need to ask for the timezone of the server where the old DF board was located. This is required because DF uses this timezone for the time for posts and PMs etc inside the database, rather than GMT. This may not be the current timezone of the server since the database might have moved to a new host in a new location or be local for testing. I need this time to calculate the correct offset to convert dates in the database to GMT so that they will be correct in phpBB.

Currently I use the old DF boards system timezone (for displaying the times for guest users) and get the admin to set this to the server timezone before the conversion. They then have to set this back afterwards in the new phpBB forum. This works well enough, but it isn't ideal and it would be much clearer just to ask for the timezone as a setting during the conversion.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”