[Convert] Fail convert SMF2.0RC2 to phpBB3.9

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
ddonzal

Re: [Convert] Fail convert SMF2.0RC2 to phpBB3.9

Post by ddonzal »

Still no answer to my previous posts, but in the end I did successfully make it through the conversion process. It was a combination of several factors completed through trial and error with the help of other threads.

Either way, after successfully converting from SMF to phpBB, I'm noticing that the converter may have inserted the data into the wrong field for login purposes. Here's an example:

Info from SMF db:
member_name = neo
real_name = Thomas Anderson

After converting, here's the data in the phpBB db:
username = Thomas Anderson
username_clean = thomas anderson
login_name = neo

So when Mr. Anderson wants to jump on SMF, he used 'neo' to login. After converting and trying to login to phpBB, he can't login as 'neo' but can login as 'Thomas Anderson' instead. Shouldn't the member_name from SMF be inserted into username in phpBB? Now Mr. Anderson is a sharp guy and figured it out without having to ask for help. But in a community with 10,000s of members, many people will not and will either hit up the moderators for help or start creating gobs of new users.

Clearly I'm using this as a humorous example, but this is actually what is happening while testing the successful conversion. Our users can't login to phpBB with their username from SMF but CAN if they use their real name.

Has anyone else noticed this? Did I do something wrong during the conversion process or is this what is supposed to happen? Any way I can make the SMF member_name be pulled into the phpBB username during the conversion without breaking anything else?

Any other thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Don
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

in standard phpbb I don't believe there is any table for "login_name". there is username and username_clean.
where did the table for login_name come from?

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
ddonzal

Post by ddonzal »

That's a good question. I didn't add any tables or fields, so I had just assumed it was in standard phpbb3. The history of the data went from SMF1.1.x -> SMF 2.0.x -> phpBB3.

Don
ddonzal

Post by ddonzal »

OK... so I did a clean install of phpBB3, and you're correct. There's no login_name. So I looked in the funtions_smf20.php file and found:

Code: Select all

// Add login_name field to users table if NOT exists
function smf_add_login_field()
{
	global $db, $table_prefix;

$drop_sql = 'ALTER TABLE ' . USERS_TABLE . ' DROP login_name, DROP user_passwd_salt';
	$create_login_name_sql = 'ALTER TABLE ' . USERS_TABLE . ' ADD login_name VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin DEFAULT \'\' NOT NULL';
	$create_salt_sql =  'ALTER TABLE ' . USERS_TABLE . ' ADD user_passwd_salt VARCHAR( 5 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin DEFAULT \'\' NOT NULL';

$db->sql_return_on_error(true);
	$db->sql_query($drop_sql);
	$db->sql_query($create_login_name_sql);
	$db->sql_query($create_salt_sql);
	$db->sql_return_on_error(false);
}

And in convert_smf20.php file and found:

array('login_name', 'members.member_name', 'smf_set_encoding'),

So it's the converter. Either way, it's in there and it's using the wrong data. What now?

Don
ddonzal

Post by ddonzal »

Any thoughts? -Don
nocomp

Post by nocomp »

hi,
i try to migrate a smf 2.02 to phpbb3
i ve download the latest script, and when i go to phpBB3/install/convertors/convert_smf20.php i get a blank page, any idea why?
did i missed something?
in what file are you supposed to add db settings and path?
thxx for helping.
best regards
gilphilbert

Post by gilphilbert »

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a Kunena 2.x forum to phpBB and struggling. I've managed to get it converted to SMF 2.x and I'm now trying to convert that to phpBB 3.0.11.

However, when I run the convertor I get the following error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

[0]

SQL

No values specified for SQL IN comparison

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 432
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/convertors/functions_smf20.php
LINE: 234
CALL: dbal->sql_in_set()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/install_convert.php(1654) : eval()'d code
LINE: 2
CALL: smf_convert_authentication()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/install_convert.php
LINE: 1654
CALL: eval()

LINE: 799
CALL: install_convert->jump()

LINE: 203
CALL: install_convert->convert_data()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/index.php
LINE: 326
CALL: install_convert->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/index.php
LINE: 203
CALL: module->load()
I've had a look through the file but I'm getting nowhere. I'm using the 0.4.4 convertor from this thread for the conversion. It's only a test server with very little in the database (two users, two posts and 4 topics across 2 categories).

The error is between steps 5 and 6.

Can anyone help please? I'm a bit stuck and don't want to be on Kunena longer than I have to...

Thanks
Lumpy Burgertushie

are you saying that your Kunena 2.x board only has those two users and two posts?

if so, then why are you bothering trying to convert it? just start over with phpbb.

robert

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
ddonzal

Post by ddonzal »

Looks like he was putting the converter through its paces on a test server. I assume with only that small amount of data, that its sample to just play and test before going for it. I've done that before, so it makes sense. Especially since he's trying a double conversion.

Don
Lumpy Burgertushie

ddonzal wrote:Looks like he was putting the converter through its paces on a test server. I assume with only that small amount of data, that its sample to just play and test before going for it. I've done that before, so it makes sense. Especially since he's trying a double conversion.

Don
that is a plausible assumptioin, however , it is only an assumption so I guess we will have to wait until he comes back and tells us what he is doing for sure.

robert

nocomp

Post by nocomp »

nocomp wrote:hi,
i try to migrate a smf 2.02 to phpbb3
i ve download the latest script, and when i go to phpBB3/install/convertors/convert_smf20.php i get a blank page, any idea why?
did i missed something?
in what file are you supposed to add db settings and path?
thxx for helping.
best regards

nobody has a clue?...great... :| :| :|
ddonzal

Post by ddonzal »

I'm not the developer of the converter & I didn't hit that issue, so I can't definitively say. Did you try bumping up the settings of your server to allow a longer time to finish the conversion? Is this on a dedicated server through an ISP, shared server, local dev server on Linux, local test machine using XAMPP (or something similar)? You may need to bump up the settings in the php.ini and/or MySQL. Or try running the conversion again and have it start from where you left off. You can also use something like phpmyadmin to see exactly where it stopped. Then again, you have to know in what table the converter stopped, so try to make a note of anything that was on the convert screen before it went white.

I ran into many errors along the way, but I eventually was successful going from SMF 1.1.x to SMF 2.x to phpBB3. So hang in there. If you're curious, check out https://www.ethicalhacker.net/forums

Hope it helps,
Don
nocomp

Post by nocomp »

thxx for your reply
what is weird is that i don t even have the menu for enter settings of the smf forum, blank page :/
i have 256 mb memory allowed, should be enough
i even changed chmod in case of, no luck
Prosk8er
Name: Tyler

Post by Prosk8er »

nocomp wrote:thxx for your reply
what is weird is that i don t even have the menu for enter settings of the smf forum, blank page :/
i have 256 mb memory allowed, should be enough
i even changed chmod in case of, no luck
your not suppose to access phpBB3/install/convertors/convert_smf20.php directly
you go to phpbb3/install read this viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1213555
nocomp

Post by nocomp »

Yes i know but i have no index.php file in the zip :/

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”