[Convert] Fail convert SMF2.0RC2 to phpBB3.9

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
wildwolfcommunity

[Convert] Fail convert SMF2.0RC2 to phpBB3.9

Post by wildwolfcommunity »

Hello everybody ! Once again sorry for my bad english i'm french ^^"

The full story of this is :
i've a Kunena forum (intergrated on a Joomla CMS) and Kunena suxx (my opinon) so i want to transfert data to a phpBB forum.
But I've not found any direct convertors for kunena to phpBB (If someone know a convertor that works please telle me ^^)

So I've used a Kunena To SMF bridge (who works) but group membres has not been transfered. that's why in the SMF to phpBB script, he doesn't found any user in the administration group I've fixx this problème thanks to prototech's help

And Now it's work the script completed is work but (there always a but...) the script has not transfered all the SMF forum
I have on my SMF forum : 129 topic, 1000~ answers
Now on phpBB : 6 topic, 99 and they are not a the good place (but the place is a detail I can move subject after)

So for the review :
Kunena 2.0 to SMF 2.0 RC2 ==> Done and Works thanks to an SMF converter (on they website)
SMF 2.0 to phpBB 3.9 ==> Done but miss lot of information (do with smf20RC2.zip convertor)

if someone know what is the problème or if someone could help I already thanks him

see you
nextgen
Name: Melvin García

Re: [Convert] Fail convert SMF2.0RC2 to phpBB3.9

Post by nextgen »

Because you do not convert the Forum directly to version 3.0.11?
I recommend this topic --> Convert How To
メルビン・ガルシア • nextgen Solutions

Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

There are only 99 posts in phpBB's posts table after converting, correct? Is there anything that stands out about the posts that did make it? For example, only those in a particular forum, or only those after a certain date, etc. or do they all seem at random?

Please post the SQL data from the SMF database for one of the posts (and the topic and forum in which it resides, while you're at it) that is not getting converted. :)
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.
wildwolfcommunity

@Nextgen : i've Just try the SMF to phpBB3.0.11 conversion the result is the same

thks for your help

@Prototech

Correct ! I've check right now,
I've search in this way too but it seems not, Differents users, Dates, forums, the earlier post succefully transfered is the first of the forum "9 Aoû 2012 23:09" and the older is in december "Dec 02, 2012 15:09" it seem be random

for the SQL data how do you want i process ? screenshot ? or copy/paste? can you give me an exemple please for being sur linking you the good thing

thks again !
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

If you could post it as a query, that would be great :) . For example:

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `smf_messages` (`id_msg`, `id_topic`, `id_board`, `poster_time`, `id_member`, `id_msg_modified`, `subject`, `poster_name`, `poster_email`, `poster_ip`, `smileys_enabled`, `modified_time`, `modified_name`, `body`, `icon`, `approved`) VALUES
(1, 1, 1, 1358188182, 0, 1, 'Welcome to SMF!', 'Simple Machines', '[email protected]', '127.0.0.1', 1, 0, '', 'Welcome to Simple Machines Forum!<br /><br />We hope you enjoy using your forum.&nbsp; If you have any problems, please feel free to [url=http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php]ask us for assistance[/url].<br /><br />Thanks!<br />Simple Machines', 'xx', 1);
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

I just ran a test conversion using SMF 2.0.3 and phpBB 3.0.11 and it resulted in none of the posts getting converted plus a ton of other errors getting thrown while the conversion was running. :?

I fixed all of the obvious errors and it seems to run successfully now (for the most part :P ). I will continue testing it to see if there are any other issues with it as I'm sure there are, just from what I've found so far. Please test the attached version and let me know if you have any success with it or if you encounter any problems. :)
smf20_convertor_0.4.4.zip
(31.27 KiB) Downloaded 4582 times
Change log
0.4.4 (2/16/2013)
  • Updated authentication plugin to 3.0.11.
  • Users with HTML special characters in their passwords can now log in.
  • The converter no longer stops when it fails to copy rank images.
  • All file_hash values in the attachments table are no longer selected in order to do a simple check for file name hashing.
  • All user_gender values in the users table are no longer selected in order to check for the gender MOD.
  • Added missing calls to smf_set_encoding() for rank titles, PM titles, and post reports.
  • Removed call to htmlspecialchars_decode() in smf_set_encoding() that made it possible for HTML that wasn't rendered in SMF to be rendered in phpBB.
  • HTML in admin-defined fields is no longer rendered in phpBB.
  • Fixed a typo that resulted in the incorrect database character set being selected in smf_set_encoding().
  • Post icons are now displayed in phpBB.
  • Group descriptions are now transferred over.
0.4.3 (1/27/2013)
  • Avatar files are now properly copied over again. This was an error introduced in 0.4.0.
  • Updated the code that handles forum permissions to work properly with the 2.0.x system. This was carried over from the 1.1.x convertor and thus was mostly useless in the context of 2.0.x permissions.
  • Fixed PHP notice notice due to undefined variable: thumb_hash_filename.
  • Fixed PHP notice due to undefined array element.
0.4.2 (1/22/2013)
  • The "Enable bulletin board code" setting is now adhered to. BBCodes in posts and private messages are no longer parsed when the setting is off.
  • Use of smilies in signatures is now properly controlled by the "signature_allow_smileys" setting.
  • Removed usage of "smiley_enable" in the convertor as this setting does not actually dictate whether smilies can be used in SMF.
  • Post read/unread statuses are now converted.
0.4.1 (1/18/2013)
  • Post reports are now converted. Note that if there are several reports open for a post, only the latest one will remain open as phpBB can only have one report open at a time.
  • Fixed several errors in the convert_zebra() function that were preventing buddy/ignored user lists from getting converted.
  • Message icons are now converted. This only works for topics because phpBB has topic icons, not post icons.
  • Signatures are now enabled for private messages.
  • The "Don't use smileys" option is now adhered to when parsing posts.
0.4.0 (1/17/2013)
  • Forums with redirects are now converted to their phpBB counterpart -- the link type.
  • Adjust the decimal list BBCode to the correct phpBB format.
  • Fixed PHP notice due to undefined variable: relative_path.
  • Fixed PHP notice due to undefined index: id_board.
  • Fixed incorrect query whereby the convertor was trying to create a topic for each post.
  • Fixed "Out of range value for column 'rank_min'" error for ranks table.
  • Fixed "Data too long for column 'group_colour'" error for groups table.
  • Fixed multiple "Incorrect integer value" errors for the following fields:
    • post_edit_user - posts table
    • enable_sig - private messages table
    • user_rank, user_avatar_height, user_avatar_width - users table
wildwolfcommunity

Thks for you're work

sadely the result is the same,

I try to link you an article not transfered.

EDIT :

I'm really sorry ! while checking what articles are transfered or not i've found that on the main page of SMF forum and topic appear but when I try to read on of them they are not there,

I'm gonna investigate on the SMF convertors' side give you news soon

Thanks a lot again and I'm realy sorry for loosing your time
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

The convertor needed to be fixed either way as it was really broken. I'm sure others will benefit from it and so will you once you get things resolved in the SMF side. :)
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

I have updated the attachment with a new version which fixes some other problems that I encountered and also adds support for topic icons and post reports. The post contains a list of the things changed.
nextgen
Name: Melvin García

Post by nextgen »

prototech wrote:I have updated the attachment with a new version which fixes some other problems that I encountered and also adds support for topic icons and post reports. The post contains a list of the things changed.
You should place your converter in the list that made dicky ;)
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1641375 :)
メルビン・ガルシア • nextgen Solutions

Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

Already done. :)
wildwolfcommunity

Allright people !

I'm happy to say to you that i've make work the convertor.

as you can see the smf support has been realy helpfull (JOKE) : http://www.simplemachines.org/community ... c=495273.0

after days of fighting with the board I finaly triumph of it \o\ *epic music* :D I may write a Tutorial of it if i have the time.

your convertor works fine the only thing is that the admin's avatars are not converted. but sincerly I don't care of this little thing

so now I've Bridge my new working phpbb3.11 forum with joomla and ... it's working.... but not at all

I gonna open a subjetc for my new tiny little problem (please donc hit me >.< )

Thks again everybody for the big help
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

Thanks for the feedback. I have uploaded a new version that rectifies the problem with avatars not getting copied over. It seems that I introduced the problem in the first update. The new version also addresses multiple problems with forum permissions. The code used to convert them was never actually updated to work with 2.0.x (it was carried over from the 1.1.x convertor) and thus was not transferring permissions over correctly.
wildwolfcommunity

yes that's true i've do again all my permissions but i was thinking that it was normal, if you can fix it it can be great for other people who want to use a convertor.
most important is post, topic and users, and they are all here !

thanks again, as soon as i've the time i gonna writte a tutorial for the conversion if it can be usefull to someone ^^.
sirtelen

Post by sirtelen »

Hi!
Was trying to convert SMF 2.0.2 to phpBB 3.0.11 but i've only got general error for now.
Did a fresh install of phpBB. I am using MAMP with default settings in local machine.
Here is the error log:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'bb.phpbb_userconv' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT username_clean FROM phpbb_userconv GROUP BY username_clean HAVING COUNT(user_id) > 1

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/install/convertors/functions_smf20.php
LINE: 696