MyBB 1.8 > phpBB 3.0 ?

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Suggested Hosts
El_Burrito_Grande

MyBB 1.8 > phpBB 3.0 ?

Post by El_Burrito_Grande » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Does anyone know if this has been done successfully and if there are any converters that do this? Tried to do some searching but I'm only coming up with MyBB 1.6 stuff.

El_Burrito_Grande

Re: MyBB 1.8 > phpBB 3.0 ?

Post by El_Burrito_Grande » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:01 am

I got around to attempting this tonight.

Using this converter-

viewtopic.php?p=13553521#p13553521

Using these instructions:

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1213555

I got through step 6. Upon initiating step 7 I immediately got this error:

Fatal installation error

install_convert.php [ 958 ]

Could not find these tables
» mybb_reportedposts.

Please check your table prefix and try again.

Can anyone lend a hand? Thanks.

sinse73

Post by sinse73 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:06 pm

The converter for phpBB 1.8 is here : viewtopic.php?f=486&t=2278541 , it's for phpBB 3.1, there isn't any converter for MyBB 1.8 > phpBB 3.0
However, it is no working...

I managed to have a conversion from a mybb 1.8 with the previously script you used, don't remember which solution worked: delete the part about "reportedpost" table importation (as i was: do not need this) in the script or copie the table under this name (it changed for mybb 1.8, google about it you should find it).
Anyway, I did not check if the whole conversion was good in the end and there was still the problem for images attachment reported in the end of the thread.
It would be better to have a word from prototech but he seems pretty far away~~ There is not too much support for the converters :/

El_Burrito_Grande

Post by El_Burrito_Grande » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:01 pm

Seems like I was able to get this to work. I'm surprised.

Problem is I am unable to log in to the admin account I had on the MyBB board. If I can log in is that account automatically set to admin on the new phpBB board? If not how do you get admin access?

Can't log in to that one because the reset password email isn't getting through. A test account I had on the MyBB board I was able to reset the password and log in to the phpBB board but that one doesn't have admin access.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:36 am

if you have converted the board then you probably need to use the admin account username/password from the board you converted from to log in,.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

El_Burrito_Grande

Post by El_Burrito_Grande » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:43 am

It wouldn't allow me to because it wouldn't send me the reset PW email for my admin acct. I figured out how to make a temp admin account though via phpmyadmin so it's all good.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”