vb3.88 to phpbb 3.0 one million posts, done.

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
MichaelScottCalhoun

vb3.88 to phpbb 3.0 one million posts, done.

Post by MichaelScottCalhoun »

My vb forum is 13 years old, it started at 2.0, now it is 3.6.10 patched to 3.8.8. It runs flawlessly but you all know the xen vb story, and I am left out in the cold.
So I've chosen phpbb to be the logical choice. Also, my forum is not a business.
I'm almost there with the conversion, but I am at the place in the convertor where vb avatars, interests, polls and all the other extra profile stuff comes up, that seems to be the bottleneck for this conversion. It looks like the posts have been migrated and I've read the fix thread, but just want to be sure.
Also, I only have 54 members. They have No avatars or images and No custom titles set, nor are there any special interests listed or added. All I care about is that their id's threads and posts are all copacetic,They can add the other stuff on the phpbb forum. What would be ideal, is if somehow, all of the extras could be commented out, so that just their posts and id's were converted. As far as I can remember, my interests section of the vb forum, have always been blank, so not sure why the error. I have access to php my admin so If I can do something to the tables, let me know. I appreciate any help.
Thanks, Mike

Here is my error

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Unknown column 'userfield.field2' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

SELECT user.userid, user.userid AS poster_id, user.usergroupid, user.ipaddress, user.salt, user.joindate, user.username, user.password, user.posts, user.email, user.birthday, user.lastvisit, user.lastactivity, user.timezoneoffset, userfield.field2, userfield.field3, userfield.field4, user.homepage, user.msn, user.yahoo, user.aim, user.icq, user.customtitle, avatar.avatarpath, user.pmunread, user.emailstamp, user.autosubscribe, usertextfield.signature, user.joindate AS post_time FROM ((user LEFT JOIN userfield ON user.userid = userfield.userid) LEFT JOIN usertextfield on user.userid=usertextfield.userid) LEFT JOIN avatar on user.avatarid=avatar.avatarid WHERE (user.userid <> -1) ORDER BY user.userid LIMIT 2000
Last edited by MichaelScottCalhoun on Sat May 28, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MichaelScottCalhoun

Re: vb3 to phpbb3 one million posts conversion, general error

Okay, I applied Dicky's fix. Had to do it for field 2 and 4 as well. That got me further, to adding bots

// array('user_interests', 'userfield.field3', array('function1' => 'phpbb_set_encoding')),

Now I have this,

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Out of range value for column 'poll_option_id' at row 1 [1264]

SQL

insert into zpoll_options (poll_option_id,topic_id,poll_option_text,poll_option_total) values(154,23574,'F it. Buy the darn thing anyway!',4)
Last edited by MichaelScottCalhoun on Sun May 22, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelScottCalhoun

Re: vb3 to phpbb3 one million posts conversion, general error

I got it.... 8-) Done. Used the fuctions.php fix.
Indexing search engines

That was 55,000 threads and 1,200,000 posts.
I will upload, the the edited convertor files in case someone needs them. 8-)

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”