User Import from FlexBB 1.5.9 to phpBB 3

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Suggested Hosts
VladTepis

User Import from FlexBB 1.5.9 to phpBB 3

Post by VladTepis »

I am running into an issue and can not seem to get around it. I am using the flexbb2phpbb convertor to go from Flex to phpBB2, then from phpBB2 to phpBB3, and everything is going fine except the users. The user accounts transfer over fine, but the passwords are not converting over. (The passwords are the only problem at this point). Am I missing some obvious way to convert the passwords from Flex to phpBB? The passwords also do not seem to transfer from Flex to phpBB2, so it seems to be an issue between Flex 1.5.9 and any version of phpBB...

Any ideas before I pull out all of my remaining hair?

Thanks!
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Re: User Import from FlexBB 1.5.9 to phpBB 3

Post by bonelifer »

For anyone trying to help, I assume you mean FluxBB--> viewtopic.php?p=12888720#p12888720
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

Looking at this post from Dicky, who put together the convertor, it's unfortunately not possible to convert the passwords from punBB into phpBB. Since FluxBB is basically a fork of punBB, I'm going to assume that the same is true for FluxBB. Your users would have to request a new password in phpBB. You could add a global announcement or send a mass e-mail on your board to make your users aware of this.
Dicky wrote:As for the passwords, phpBB and PunBB use a different encryption schemes. There is no way, as far as I know, to transfer them so that they are usable.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Assuming you are going to convert the 3.0.x to 3.1.x, you could possibly request someone create a "password driver". It would then take care of converting the old fluxbb password hashes to phpBB 3.1.x hashes as users logged in.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”