vB 3.x convertor

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
MikeD096

Re: vB 3.x convertor

Post by MikeD096 »

Looks like thats how they are stored in the DB. It appears to occur when this converter is run as I looked in my vB DB that was converted to utf8 and it they are normal. :roll:

A function to address this in the converter would be best. But for those who already converted, could a script be run in phpMyAdmin to clean them up?

I'm having a login issue as well. I replaced the auth_db.php inorder for users to be able to use their old passwords. However, one of my users had a problem and attempted to reset his password. It looks as though when passwords are reset, it only updates the new pw hash, not the salt... so now the user cant get in at all. I'm looking more into it and AntiThesis said he noticed similar.
MikeD096

Post by MikeD096 »

Noting for future enhancements...

Option to attach signature by default isn't carried over.
CVROY

Post by CVROY »

The converter seems to be running most of the way, but I get this error:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',"Cheating- Don\'t do it again.",0)' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

insert into phpbb_poll_options (poll_option_id,topic_id,poll_option_text,poll_option_total) values(,,"Cheating- Don\'t do it again.",0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: install/convertors/functions_vb30.php
LINE: 51
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: install/install_convert.php(1653) : eval()'d code
LINE: 2
CALL: vb_import_polloption()

FILE: install/install_convert.php
LINE: 1653
CALL: eval()

LINE: 800
CALL: install_convert->jump()

LINE: 203
CALL: install_convert->convert_data()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 402
CALL: install_convert->main()

LINE: 274
CALL: module->load()
anyone have a suggestion?
Andrake

Post by Andrake »

hello,
trying the convertor but getting this :

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE9os' for column 'forum_name' at row 1 [1366]

SQL

INSERT INTO cst_forums (forum_id, forum_name, parent_id, forum_parents, forum_desc, forum_type, forum_status, forum_rules, left_id, right_id) VALUES ('39', 'Jeux Vid�os', 0, '', '', 0, 0, '', 1, 2)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: install/convertors/functions_vb30.php
LINE: 200
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: install/install_convert.php(1004) : eval()'d code
LINE: 4
CALL: phpbb_insert_forums()

LINE: 1004
CALL: eval()

any idea ?
italiano77

Post by italiano77 »

I've read through this thread all the way through but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong here, if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it... Heres a screenshot of my problem first off:

I took off "vb_" because when I looked in myphpadmin at the tables, phpbb had tables that went like phpbb_ and vb just had the names, nothing significant before them.. Here I might as well post a screen shot of what I'm talking about so I don't lose anyone here.. there we go:

Lastly the obvious problem is that it is saying it cannot find the old forum path, my old and still current running source forum is located at http://www.bfunity.com/forums/ . Now if I want to just convert the current vbulletin v3.5.4 to the newest phpbb 3.0.0 and keep the same database and url, am I doing it right so far? I have put the phpbb3 folder under /forums/ and installed it.. Then I put the converters where they belong and have been trying to convert the forum through the link bfunity.com/forums/phpbb3/install. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right or where the problem is coming from. Any help would be appreciated.

-josh
MikeD096

Post by MikeD096 »

In the first screenshot, its asking for the Source DB info... so, vBulletin, which should have table prefixes.

It would have been better to install the phpBB in bfunity.com/phpBB3 instead of having it buried under forums. If you dont want to move the folder, try setting your source folder to ../../forums (each .. drops you back a folder).
italiano77

Post by italiano77 »

I went ahead and did the converter.. After all the posts were transfered over (I had about 115,000 of them) it went to something new and popped this error up. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm kind of at a halt with the whole process until I know what to do. :cry:

-josh

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'pm.pmid' in 'order clause' [1054]

SQL

SELECT pmtext.pmtextid, pmtext.fromuserid AS poster_id, pmtext.iconid, pmtext.dateline, pmtext.allowsmilie AS enable_smilies, pmtext.showsignature, pmtext.title, pmtext.dateline AS post_time, pmtext.message, pmtext.touserarray FROM pmtext ORDER BY pm.pmid LIMIT 2000

BACKTRACE

LINE: 205

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 157
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

LINE: 1234
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query_limit()

wired076

Post by wired076 »

If you dropped the table prefix on the beginning of a mysql database table you shouldn't do it as it is referencing to a specific bit of software and that is required.

If you still haven't fixed that up by putting the databases back to what they were before you edited them that is probably what the error is from but also clear your cache and see what happens then.

Once installed you will need to recreate your search index.
italiano77

Re: vB 3.0.x convertor for phpbb3 rc1

Post by italiano77 »

D¡cky wrote:FIND

//poll选项独立作为一个函数来进行处理?					array('target','ALTER TABLE '. USERS_TABLE . ' DROP COLUMN goodnees'),
					array('target','ALTER TABLE '. USERS_TABLE . ' ADD COLUMN salt varchar(3)'),
REPLACE WITH

//poll选项独立作为一个函数来进行处理?					array('target','ALTER TABLE '. USERS_TABLE . ' DROP COLUMN goodnees'),
//					array('target','ALTER TABLE '. USERS_TABLE . ' ADD COLUMN salt varchar(3)'),
FIND

array('target','ALTER TABLE '. USERS_TABLE . ' DROP COLUMN salt'),
REPLACE WITH

//					array('target','ALTER TABLE '. USERS_TABLE . ' DROP COLUMN salt'),

When I got to this step in the troubleshooting of this thread and implemented it I got this in response when trying to continue converting:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /home/.nurit/savinryann/bfunity.com/phpBB3/install/convertors/convert_vb30.php on line 725"

What do I do now? lol
italiano77

Post by italiano77 »

Nevermind I fixed that because apparently someone posted the fixed version of the conversion kit with all the fixes in it. Would be VERY HELPFUL for people if it were in the first post. But anyways this is what I get now:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Duplicate column name 'salt' [1060]

SQL

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD COLUMN salt varchar(3)

BACKTRACE

LINE: 1104

AntiThesis

Post by AntiThesis »

There's work underway to get the converter up to scratch and perfect. Shouldn't be too long now.

As for your error, I'm guessing you tried to run the converter - hit an error and tried to run it again. By then the converter had already made the salt column. Run the initial couple steps, delete the salt column and continue.
Happiness is a state of mind.
Dementia Community
PhpBB > VB
italiano77

Post by italiano77 »

AntiThesis wrote:There's work underway to get the converter up to scratch and perfect. Shouldn't be too long now.

As for your error, I'm guessing you tried to run the converter - hit an error and tried to run it again. By then the converter had already made the salt column. Run the initial couple steps, delete the salt column and continue.
Okay then I just deleted everything and will start the whole process over with the convert files the one person in this thread was nice enough to edit for us. One thing though for a couple hours from now when I hopefully don't run into any errors and have completed the conversion.. How do I change my:

'bfunity.com/phpBB3/' to this: 'bfunity.com/forum/' or even back to what it used to be 'bfunity.com/forums/' preferrably ?

ps: I'm pretty sure you can't just rename it in ftp, or is it that easy?
MikeD096

Post by MikeD096 »

Just rename it in FTP, then in the phpBB3 Control Panel, under Board Settings (I believe), you specify the name of the folder its installed in. So change it to forums, from phpBB3.
italiano77

Post by italiano77 »

Okay I didn't realize it was that easy, with invisions it was longer because you had to tinker with the config file, but thanks for your help.
italiano77

Post by italiano77 »

MikeD096 wrote:Just rename it in FTP, then in the phpBB3 Control Panel, under Board Settings (I believe), you specify the name of the folder its installed in. So change it to forums, from phpBB3.
Alright I reran the whole converting process and ran into this error.. I have currently turned off my source forum so no new posts are created. I have 700 members so the faster I fix this the better, lol. Someone please help asap. :|

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'userfield.field4' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

SELECT user.userid, user.userid AS poster_id, user.usergroupid, user.ipaddress, user.salt, user.joindate, user.username, user.password, user.posts, user.email, user.birthday, user.lastvisit, user.lastactivity, user.timezoneoffset, userfield.field3, userfield.field4, user.homepage, user.msn, user.yahoo, user.aim, user.icq, userfield.field2, avatar.avatarpath, user.pmunread, user.emailstamp, user.autosubscribe, usertextfield.signature, user.joindate AS post_time FROM ((user LEFT JOIN userfield ON user.userid = userfield.userid) LEFT JOIN usertextfield on user.userid=usertextfield.userid) LEFT JOIN avatar on user.avatarid=avatar.avatarid WHERE (user.userid <> -1) ORDER BY user.userid LIMIT 2000

BACKTRACE

LINE: 205

FILE: includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 157
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

LINE: 1234