vB 3.x convertor

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
wired076

Re: vB 3.x convertor

Post by wired076 »

Could you try creating a new database and install a fresh copy of phpBB in that directory by deleting everything in the config.php file and start again and see how you go and take a backup of the config.php file before you convert in case you need to try again because an error occurs.

If you need paid support I also offer this for phpBB 3 installs.
italiano77

Post by italiano77 »

wired076 wrote:Could you try creating a new database and install a fresh copy of phpBB in that directory by deleting everything in the config.php file and start again and see how you go and take a backup of the config.php file before you convert in case you need to try again because an error occurs.

If you need paid support I also offer this for phpBB 3 installs.
I mean I already did just what you said, deleted everything.. mysql database, AND ftp files that had anything to do with phpbb stuff. Then reinstalled everything and tried the converting process with the guy's edited converting files but it still messes up. I wouldn't have a problem with you doing it and transferring everything correctly depending on the price I guess. I'm impatient though, and my users have been aiming me annoyed as hell because the source forum has been shut down for at least 24 hours so if you could, just PM me the price your willing to do it for and we can talk I suppose. Just sucks that I've read up on everything and still cannot figure out what the hell is the problem. :x
som3a

Post by som3a »

convertor work with me
put some problem with arabic language
after converted the word in arabic apear in unknown language
put english word in fine

can any one help :cry:

sorry for bad english
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

This convertor does not correctly support Arabic characters. I don't know if this is one of the things AntiThesis is going to fix or not.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
som3a

Post by som3a »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:This convertor does not correctly support Arabic characters. I don't know if this is one of the things AntiThesis is going to fix or not.
i hope fix it to support arabic :geek:
AntiThesis

Post by AntiThesis »

som3a wrote:
A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:This convertor does not correctly support Arabic characters. I don't know if this is one of the things AntiThesis is going to fix or not.
i hope fix it to support arabic :geek:
I hope so yes, will just have to get hold of some arabic words to test with.
Happiness is a state of mind.
Dementia Community
PhpBB > VB
wired076

Post by wired076 »

Could you please post your url to your site as I would like to have a look at what you have done to it.

Could you also tell me what mods or additions you have made to vB from the standard install of this software as that would help me greatly.
som3a

Post by som3a »

here in my test form

http://www.ftesh.com/phpBB3

:arrow:
wired076

Post by wired076 »

Ok.

Must be the language that is the problem.

Is it Arabic??

If so can you but the VB board into English with everything and then convert and change back to Arabic or is this not possible as AntiThesis hasn't added support for Arabic as yet.
som3a

Post by som3a »

vb3 form
http://www.ftesh.com/vb

phpBB3 form
http://www.ftesh.com/phpBB3

in phpBB3 English form apear good
look
http://www.ftesh.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=94

the word arabic in vb3
جامعة الزعيم الأزهري
the same word in phpBB3
ÌÇãÚÉ ÇáÒÚíã ÇáÃÒåÑí
som3a

Post by som3a »

wired076 wrote: If so can you but the VB board into English with everything and then convert and change back to Arabic
is not possible

vb tabls is utf8_swedish_ci
phpBB3 tables is utf8_bin
the tables in the same database
italiano77

Post by italiano77 »

wired076 wrote:Could you please post your url to your site as I would like to have a look at what you have done to it.

Could you also tell me what mods or additions you have made to vB from the standard install of this software as that would help me greatly.
I'm emailing you everything via email. In case you have a ton of spam or so on I'll be emailing you from vectorz1985@yahoo.com. :)
som3a

Post by som3a »

italiano77 wrote:
wired076 wrote:Could you please post your url to your site as I would like to have a look at what you have done to it.

I'm emailing you everything via email. In case you have a ton of spam or so on I'll be emailing you from vectorz1985@yahoo.com. :)
no support by email
italiano77

Post by italiano77 »

k ill post what i emailed, on here then in reply to "wired"...

Hello,

You asked for the url and the mods currently done to my source vb forum, the admins of both myself and another friend did the mods. He mostly did them so I'll try to tell you the ones he implemented, otherwise I'd have to ask him for you.

First off the source url: http://www.bfunity.com/forums/
phpbb forum url: http://www.bfunity.com/phpBB3

Mods done to the vb source forum that I know of:
-Subforum mod
-Cash mod
-Statistics top 10 mod
-Shoutbox mod
-Arcade mod
-Total members visited mod
-Total time on board mod
-Profile addition mod

I can't think of anymore offhand but I mean when I converted it fresh with those edited convert files the one guy posted.. everything worked beautifully until like the very end when it was trying to convert members I believe. Because it converted all 120k posts fine, and PMs I believe were posted fine as well. Do you need my login info for ftp and all that jazz to start work on this? I'm sure it will be easy for you. Thanks in advance as well btw.

-Josh
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

CVROY wrote:The converter seems to be running most of the way, but I get this error:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',"Cheating- Don\'t do it again.",0)' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

insert into phpbb_poll_options (poll_option_id,topic_id,poll_option_text,poll_option_total) values(,,"Cheating- Don\'t do it again.",0)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: install/convertors/functions_vb30.php
LINE: 51
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()
anyone have a suggestion?
The fix for this

OPEN functions_vb30.php
FIND

$sql='select p.*, t.threadid from '. $convert->src_table_prefix . 'poll p left join '. $convert->src_table_prefix .'thread t ON p.pollid=t.pollid';
REPLACE WITH

$sql='select p.*, t.threadid FROM '. $convert->src_table_prefix . 'poll p, '. $convert->src_table_prefix .'thread t WHERE p.pollid=t.pollid';
xnitelifex wrote:These are the errors I'm seeing in between conversion:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/convertors/functions_vb30.php on line 73: copy
(./../../forum/../attach/7/3/3/1.attach) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/convertors/functions_vb30.php on line 108: rename
(./..//images/avatars/gallery/avatar2_0.gif,./..//images/avatars/upload/38d3885135ef863fd38671645645213f_2.gif) [function.rename]: No such file or directory
For attachment and avatar errors, the most likely cause is that you have vBulletin set to store attachments and avatars in the database. The convertor looks for these files on the server, not in the database. The fix is to go into your vBulletin Admin Panel and change the settings for attachments and avatars so that they are stored in the filesystem. Then run the convertor.
Have you hugged someone today?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”