IPB 2.3.x to phpBB 3

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Ideas Centre
izibizi

Re: IPB 2.3.x to phpBB 3

Post by izibizi »

hi,

I wish to migrate from IPB 1.3 - what is the recommended path?

thanks
kuhla

Post by kuhla »

Hello everyone.

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I'm using the converter from this post: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p13110789 The only thing I didn't do was (1) I did not change anything in convert_ipb23.php because there didn't seem to be any change needed and (2) I did not install Simple Topic Description 0.0.2 mentioned in http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9367695 that post because the download link was broken.

I'm able to start the conversion process and get one refresh, "step 13 out of 23" I think it says on that page then when it goes to refresh a second time I just get ""[an error occurred while processing this directive]"" and I'm not sure if it's helpful but the URL on the error is ""/install/index.php?mode=convert&sub=in_progress&tag=ipb23&current_table=12&skip_rows=4030&language=en""

I'm moving from IPB 2.3.3
parambyte

Post by parambyte »

I have IPB 3.4.5. I am tired and sick of it.

How do I convert?

I tried the convertor in this thread and I kept getting the 'relative path' error.

my IP Board is installed in the root folder.
My phpBB is installed in the /forum directory. (if this works out, I want to delete all the IP Board files and move phpBB to the root directory. Also, I have IPBoard's gallery installed with many images. Any ideas on how too manage that? Any phpBB plugin/mod etc which can have a gallery?)

I tried some of the tricks in these threads and deleted the index.php test file line. But all I get is a blank screen with nothing on it. How can I get this to work?
gojozoom

Post by gojozoom »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to convert from IPB 2.3.6 to PHPBB3.0.12.

My issue is this:

I followed the instruciotns, copyied the convertor files etc. However I don't have ANY tabs on the /install page other than Overview. So there is no Convert tab for instance. I tried cleaning up the database tables, as per this post: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1185975&start=0#p7025205

....no luck so far...

Should I go back to an earlier version of PHPBB3?

Do you have any thoughts?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”