[BETA] SMF 1.1 to phpBB3 Convertor

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
Capt. Tux

Re: [BETA] SMF 1.1 to phpBB3 Convertor

Post by Capt. Tux » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:56 am

I encountered an error while converting charsets, it was all messed up. (i think that was the latest problem i had, besides)

In functions_smf11.php, there is (line 81):

Code: Select all

if ($row['Field'] == 'text')
And i replaced with

if ($row['Field'] == 'body')
because the field where i have my text is "body' not 'text'.
I didn't check how it is on native SMF, so the script may be actually correct, but i don't remember having altered it.
Looking for 'text' returns nothing, so the scripts believes it is not utf8 and redo another convert, while it should just take the info as-is.

Hope it helps if anyone was in the same case...

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:56 pm

pakpenyo wrote:After convert, how about Change Username?

In SMF, i enable user to change their different display name. And in phpBB3 i can set it too. But, many my user cannot login in first time. I tell them to use "forgot password" but its still same. Then i must reset their password manually. I think its because a set of "change username".
I am curious. How are you resetting their password?
pakpenyo wrote:My admin login to forum with username: admin, but when i login to ACP, its show other name (display name). Which exact name should use to login? Can i disable Change Username in phpBB3?
Members can login with either their SMF username or their SMF display name. The setting for phpBB3 "Change Username" does not affect logging in.
pakpenyo wrote:And yes, how about Reactivation in phpBB3? Maybe i can use to send reactivation to my user mail? I think its more simple.

Thanks and sorry about my english.
The members have never been activated in phpBB3 so it is not possible send a reactivation.
njuelbli wrote:Hello
I have converted my SMF to phpbb3 - now I can not acess my admin -this is the message I get :

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql ]

Unknown column 'login_name' in 'field list' [1054]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Can anybody help please ?

Nils
You logged in to the board, but can't access the Admin Panel?
The B5 version of the convertor creates a login_name column in the phpBB3 users table. If it didn't, running the convertor again may create the field.
Have you hugged someone today?

isloera

Post by isloera » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:48 pm

Please I urgently need help about resetting or syncronizing my Private Message counts for my whole board.

I deleted everything and there is no messages on hold or anything. some of my users have their inboxes full and cannot open more PMs and there is NO link to release messages on hold.

Accoring to the Inbox, I have 13, but it is totally empty! I have tried to fix it, but I can't.

Please help I have been waiting for help and nobody has given me any advice that works and when they give me any advice they never follow up. I posted a messsage related to this problem in the support Forum and also nothing.
  • I Used to have more than 50 private messages on hold after I converted and after I deleted all the messages to left room for the new ones, it shows that I have 13 messages in my inbox!.
  • I tried maximum private mesagges allowed to "0" and then syncronyze the post messsages and nothing
:(

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:53 pm

isloera,

Check the phpBB3 users table for these values:
user_new_privmsg = 0
user_unread_privmsg = 0
user_last_privmsg = 0
user_full_folder = -3

isloera

Post by isloera » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:38 pm

D¡cky wrote:isloera,

user_new_privmsg = 0
user_unread_privmsg = 0
user_last_privmsg = 0
user_full_folder = -3

The default values are the same.

My values for my account are:
user_new_privmsg = 0
user_unread_privmsg = 0
user_last_privmsg = 1213549949
user_full_folder = -2

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:08 pm

isloera wrote:
D¡cky wrote:isloera,

user_new_privmsg = 0
user_unread_privmsg = 0
user_last_privmsg = 0
user_full_folder = -3

The default values are the same.

My values for my account are:
user_new_privmsg = 0
user_unread_privmsg = 0
user_last_privmsg = 1213549949
user_full_folder = -2
Change the values for your account to what I gave you for user_last_privmsg and user_full_folder.

isloera

Post by isloera » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:29 am

Thanks for your quick response :)

I found what the problem is and I hope this can help if somebody has the same problem like mine. Let me tell you the details.

It turns out that when phpbb3 counts the number of private messages, it looks in the privmsgs_to table. I ran this query to find the private messages directed to me:

SELECT *
FROM `privmsgs_to`
WHERE user_id =2
LIMIT 0 , 30 
It returned, as my current empty! inbox message count reflects, 13 records with field "folder_id = 0"

In the constants.php file, I believe, the value of of the inbox, PRIVMSGS_INBOX, folder is set to zero. Here you can see the values of the other folders.

123  // Private messaging - Do NOT change these values
 124  define('PRIVMSGS_HOLD_BOX', -4);
 125  define('PRIVMSGS_NO_BOX', -3);
 126  define('PRIVMSGS_OUTBOX', -2);
 127  define('PRIVMSGS_SENTBOX', -1);
 128  define('PRIVMSGS_INBOX', 0);
But why if there are 13 private messages directed to me, they're not showing in my private messages inbox?

Well, in the same privmsgs_to table there is a field named author_id and in all the messages it's set to 0. I checked the users table and there is no user_id field set to 0 at all. The lowest user_id is set to 1 for the guests and continues on from there.

The users table does not have a user_id field set to 0 I believe that's the reason why the content of those 13 messages directed to me are not showing in the inbox only the count.

Thee are also posts and topics with the id set to 0, but they, as well, are not showing in the forum.

My first forum was phpBB 2.X then I converted to SMF and finally to phpBB 3.x I checked my old SMF database and it also has the references to a user id set to zero on the DB which means that it was not this convertor that caused the problem, but, probably, the first conversion from phpBB 2.X to SMF :(

The user id set to 0, in one form or another, is shown in the following tables.
  • ban_userid in banlist table.
  • poster_id in posts table.
  • author_id in privmsgs table.
  • author_id in privmsgs_to table.
  • topic_poster and topic_lasposter_id in topics table.
  • user_id in topics_posted table.
So what should I do?

should I, manually, create a user with user_id set to 0 and then use the forum to purge all the messages from that user?

or

should I just manually delete all the references to user id set to 0?

What do you suggest?

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:32 am

SMF uses a user_id of 0 for the anonymous user. phpBB3 uses a user_id of 1 for the anonymous user.

What I would do, in the private messages tables, delete all messages with a user_id of 0.
In the banlist table, delete all rows with a user_id of 0.
In the posts, topics and topics_posted tables, change change user_id 0 to 1. Your posts should now show up.

I don't know how this could have happened. The convertor is supposed to change user_id 0 to 1.

isloera

Post by isloera » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:45 am

D¡cky wrote:SMF uses a user_id of 0 for the anonymous user. phpBB3 uses a user_id of 1 for the anonymous user.

What I would do, in the private messages tables, delete all messages with a user_id of 0.
In the banlist table, delete all rows with a user_id of 0.
In the posts, topics and topics_posted tables, change change user_id 0 to 1. Your posts should now show up.

I don't know how this could have happened. The convertor is supposed to change user_id 0 to 1.

Thanks for your help I almost got it all right. Instead of deleting all the posts manually in the DB, I created a new user and changed its user_id to 0. After that, I syncronized the post count in the UCP and then in the same UCP I deleted the user and purged all its posts. That also set all the private messages that had user_id 0 to user_id 1. That made all the 13 messages show in my inbox and I deleted them for my account :), but Like you suggested, I deleted all my anonymous messages in the privmsgs tables and they were hundreds taking space.

I didn't mind deleting all those messages by unregistered users, but I assume I just could have deleted the user in the UCP and all his messages could have been changed to anonymous (user_id = 1)

The only problem left is that there are messages in the privmsgs_to table where their msg_ids do not exist in the privmsgs table. So, I suppose, I have to delete all the messages in the privmsgs_to table which don't exist in the privmsgs table?

Thanks a lot for your help you helped me fix this annoying issue :D and thanks for this tool that allows us to move aour forums to phpBB3.
Last edited by isloera on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

StarFleet

Post by StarFleet » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:46 pm

Hello.

My converter just worked! Excellent! Great job! BUt I have a small problem.

When I made the conversion, the default administrator account I created on setup was deleted - how can I regain control of the admin panel?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Got it worked out! Had to authenticate the user - sorry.
"They have two settings, stun and kill, it would be best not to confuse them." Reed to Archer, Broken Bow (ENT 101)

isloera

Post by isloera » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:07 pm

StarFleet wrote:

UPDATE: Got it worked out! Had to authenticate the user - sorry.
I didn't look at the "Update" part of your post. Now I can't delete this posts ;)

minosfb

Post by minosfb » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:33 pm

hi in new

i cant convert always get this error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_forums SET left_id = left_id + 2, right_id = right_id + 2 WHERE left_id >

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 143
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: install/convertors/functions_smf11.php
LINE: 1174
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: install/install_convert.php(1003) : eval()'d code
LINE: 5
CALL: smf_insert_forums()

FILE: install/install_convert.php
LINE: 1003
CALL: eval()

FILE: install/install_convert.php
LINE: 203
CALL: install_convert->convert_data()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 402
CALL: install_convert->main()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 274
CALL: module->load()

please help

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:54 pm

minosfb wrote:hi in new

i cant convert always get this error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_forums SET left_id = left_id + 2, right_id = right_id + 2 WHERE left_id >
please help
OPEN functions_smf11.php
FIND (line 1081)

// Now insert the forums
	$sql = 'SELECT f.ID_BOARD, f.ID_PARENT, f.name, f.ID_CAT, f.description, f.boardOrder, f.childLevel FROM ' . $convert->src_table_prefix . 'boards f
		GROUP BY f.ID_BOARD, f.ID_PARENT, f.ID_CAT, f.boardOrder, f.description
		ORDER BY f.ID_CAT, f.boardOrder';
REPLACE WITH

// Now insert the forums
	$sql = 'SELECT f.ID_BOARD, f.ID_PARENT, f.name, f.ID_CAT, f.description, f.boardOrder, f.childLevel FROM ' . $convert->src_table_prefix . 'boards f
		GROUP BY f.boardOrder, f.ID_PARENT, f.ID_CAT, f.childLevel, f.ID_BOARD, f.description
		ORDER BY f.boardOrder';

minosfb

Post by minosfb » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:18 am

thanks a lot ot now its converting

krollo

Post by krollo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:51 pm

hi,

i wanted to convert smf 1.1.4 to phpbb 3.0.1. after step 4 (/index.php?mode=convert&sub=in_progress&tag=smf11&jump=1&last=5&language=de) the following error occurs:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/convertors/functions_smf11.php on line 473: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/convertors/functions_smf11.php on line 473: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 437: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 438: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 439: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 440: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
if i skip this page and go direct to ... &last=6 ... only the topic are converted, but no posts and no members. can somebody help my, please?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”