[BETA] SMF 1.1 to phpBB3 Convertor

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
Gunto

Re: [BETA] SMF 1.1 to phpBB3 Convertor

Post by Gunto »

Dammit! I thought I was good to go :(

Forums installed fine on localhost but when I try to install them on the live database, I get the following error

Code: Select all

SQL query:

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.6.1
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
-- 
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Jun 21, 2008 at 12:45 PM
-- Server version: 4.1.9
-- PHP Version: 4.3.10
-- 
-- Database: `phpbb`
-- 
-- --------------------------------------------------------
-- 
-- Table structure for table `phpbb_acl_groups`
-- 
CREATE TABLE `phpbb_acl_groups` (
`group_id` mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`forum_id` mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`auth_option_id` mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`auth_role_id` mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`auth_setting` tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
KEY `group_id` ( `group_id` ) ,
KEY `auth_opt_id` ( `auth_option_id` ) ,
KEY `auth_role_id` ( `auth_role_id` )
) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8 COLLATE = utf8_bin

MySQL said: Documentation
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_bin' at line 28 
Almost there. I can get everything installed and it works great on my local machine using easyphp, but it doesn't want to work on my server. Ideas? Help?! Anything?!?!
Gunto

Post by Gunto »

So I re-exported with MYSQL40 and then tried that and the results were different.

CREATE TABLE `phpbb_acl_groups` (
`group_id` mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`forum_id` mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`auth_option_id` mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`auth_role_id` mediumint( 8 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`auth_setting` tinyint( 2 ) NOT NULL default '0',
KEY `group_id` ( `group_id` ) ,
KEY `auth_opt_id` ( `auth_option_id` ) ,
KEY `auth_role_id` ( `auth_role_id` )
) TYPE = MYISAM
Saying my acl_groups already existed.

Ideas?
Gunto

Post by Gunto »

Got it. Pretty much selected the options to tell the database to drop the tables if they exist and recreate them using the data provided. My is fried and cannot say too much more. Going to bed now. Go go working at 6am local time.
Ikhsan4488

Post by Ikhsan4488 »

D¡cky wrote:
Ikhsan4488 wrote:
Ikhsan4488 wrote:i get this at header after conversion :

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3340: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2948)
anyone can help me.. :cry:
This error may be caused by gzip commpression being turned on. Browse the phpBB config table and set zip_compress to 0.

Gunto wrote:Well I got a completely new error this morning. I am in Norway at the moment on a military exercise, so to kill time while I waited for some excellent help to wake up, I decided to make another database and redo the phpbb3 install with the suggestions given by Dicky. So it gave me the 500 Internal Error yet again, so I adjusted the numbers from what I listed above BACK to -1 and now I have this error;

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

[0]

SQL

SELECT m.posterTime, t.ID_FIRST_MSG FROM smf_messages m, smf_topics t WHERE t.ID_FIRST_MSG = m.ID_MSG AND t.ID_POLL <> 0 AND t.ID_TOPIC = 234

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: install/convertors/functions_smf11.php
LINE: 1852
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()
This just isn't going to work for me is it :(
This error seems to be caused by corrupt tables in the SMF database. Go into SMF and do forum maintenance.
hi.. i already set it.. ( gzip_compress = 0 ) but still.. i get this message at header..

Warning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home1/katakus1/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3340
and my forum look weird.. :cry:
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

Ikhsan4488 wrote:hi.. i already set it.. ( gzip_compress = 0 ) but still.. i get this message at header..

Warning: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home1/katakus1/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3340
and my forum look weird.. :cry:
Was gzip compression turned on (gzip_compress = 1)? If it was, purge the cache.
Have you hugged someone today?
aidanp

Post by aidanp »

Hey guys,

This has already been posted in this thread, however it wasn't really answered, so:

I am trying to do an entire site upgrade at the mo. The current setup is just an SMF forum. The new setup is going to be a Joomla site bridged to a PHPBB3 install. Now the issue I have is that this converter has the file auth_smf.php, obviously for client authentication, but my bridge uses the file auth_joomla.php. I need the auth_joomla for the bridge to work, so seeing as I can't use them both at the one time, do I need to use auth_smf at all?

Cheers,
Aidan.
Exrace

Post by Exrace »

My understanding was the auth_smf was to address users coming from the conversion to be able to use the old password to gain access to the new phpbb3. Part of the conversion writes a new field to the users table to handle this.
Sounds like you are using rokbridge http://www.rocketwerx.com/products/rokbridge/downloads

You can use the new provider from rokbridge in phpbb3 for rokbridge support as it has some checks for this new field and users should be able to login from the Joomla side or phpbb3 side. Password resets do work if the user has problems logging in.
aidanp

Post by aidanp »

Thanks heaps for that, if I have understood your post correctly, auth_smf just allows users to login with their old password, so as long as I tell returning users to request a new password, I won't need to use auth_smf. Hope thats right anyway.

Thanks again for your help.
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

The auth_smf.php is meant for a converted SMF to a standalone phpBB3 forum. If you are integrating phpBB3 with Joomal and using the Rokbridge, you need to use auth_joomla.php. The auth_joomla.php will work converted SMF forums. You do need to use the B5 version of the convertor for it to work.

If you do have a problem logging in, you will need to ask at the Rokbridge support forums. There are topics there regarding login issues.
yutt

Post by yutt »

I'm getting the exact same errors Gunto did above.

I've run through the same (online) attempts he did to fix the error, but had no luck. Is there something more to this error? Any way we can help to debug it so the convertor works in whatever situation we are encountering?
D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky »

yutt wrote:I'm getting the exact same errors Gunto did above.

I've run through the same (online) attempts he did to fix the error, but had no luck. Is there something more to this error? Any way we can help to debug it so the convertor works in whatever situation we are encountering?
The

SELECT m.posterTime, t.ID_FIRST_MSG FROM smf_messages m, smf_topics t WHERE t.ID_FIRST_MSG = m.ID_MSG AND t.ID_POLL <> 0 AND t.ID_TOPIC = 234
error is most likely due to server timeouts or crashed, or corrupt, tables. This is usually cured by doing the SMF forum maintenance, or with the phpMyAdmin functions optimize/repair tables, or by doing the conversion offline to avoid server timeouts.

You can turn on debug by opening config.php with a text editor and uncommenting the DEBUG_EXTRA line. I am not sure this will tell anything, but it is worth a try.
yutt

Post by yutt »

Converting locally worked. Thanks for your help D!cky.
pakpenyo

Post by pakpenyo »

D¡cky wrote:The auth_smf.php is meant for a converted SMF to a standalone phpBB3 forum. If you are integrating phpBB3 with Joomal and using the Rokbridge, you need to use auth_joomla.php. The auth_joomla.php will work converted SMF forums. You do need to use the B5 version of the convertor for it to work.

If you do have a problem logging in, you will need to ask at the Rokbridge support forums. There are topics there regarding login issues.
Are you sure?
Because i'm already trying this and auth_joomla cannot work with phpBB3 which converted from SMF. And its the big problem. I'm already too use JFusion just for phpbb3 user to Joomla user. Uninstall JFusion and install Rockbridge and its still not work.

Can you tell me more specified? Which auth_joomla version to make possible use rockbridge? Many version of custom auth_joomla in rocketwerx forum site. Or, just using latest rokbridge?

I have some post in rocketwerx forum about this issue:
http://rocketwerx.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =smf#p4264
http://rocketwerx.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =converted

But thanks for this converter. Really usefull and its should make to a stable release. Its amazing and once again, thank a lot Dicky.

Sorry about my english. Thanks.
trmxplat

Post by trmxplat »

Heya,

the convert doesnt really work since SMF 1.1.5 changed the database structure, preparing SMF 2.

Any suggestions? Would love to convert to phpb33 :)
4n6guy

Post by 4n6guy »

forgive me for being stupid here... never mind...

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”