PHP-NUKE to phpBB3 Convertor 1.2

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
packerstud

Re: PHP-NUKE to phpBB3 Convertor 1.2

Post by packerstud » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Worked like a charm. Thank you very much, without this our community would be stuck using phpnuke 8.0 with phpbb 2.0.23. Now we are using a stand alone phpbb3 3.0.8. Again, thank you very much!

Suo

Post by Suo » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:28 am

This would be my 2nd time using this tool to convert a php-nuke board to phpBB3. This time however I ended up getting that notorious "500 - Internal Server Error" message. The message popped up during the conversion process for the phpBB_Posts at the same spot every time. I checked the post_id for the the last post that successfully converted and then I checked the very next post to see if contained anything that was causing the process to stop. And sure enough, I found the next two posts to be the culprits. A member thought it would be funny to type "hahahahahaha..."(repeatedly in an endless string of letters that seemed to go on forever). I guess my server timed out trying to bring that post over. After deleting that post and next one that was identical, I started the conversion process over again and it completed with no errors. This is a very clean and smooth tool, and it works flawlessly as long your forum members haven't sabotaged you with an "infinity" post. =)

I hope this might help someone else out who may be experiencing that dreaded "500 - Internal Server Error".

Good luck.

SuperFlea

Post by SuperFlea » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:57 am

This is awesome! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just tried it with a Raven Nuke Installation 2.40.01 and it worked awesomely!! perfect. :mrgreen:

So you can add Raven Nuke to the list of supported Nuke CMS that can be converted to phpbb3 - keep in mind only the forum will come across - all other CMS functionality will be left behind.

You save me lots of hours :)

chowzer

Post by chowzer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 am

Can this Converter be run on just a backed up SQL file containing the PHPNuke forum database, or must it be used only on a site with PHPNuke and phpBB3 installed?

I am converting my Nuke site with the old phpBB2.07 forum to a Wordpress site, integrated with phpBB3. I plan to use the WP-United MOD to integrate Wordpress and phpBB3.

I plan to make a full backup of the old site and mysql database, then delete all the files from the server and start with a clean install of everything, hence my earlier question - can I use this Converter 1.2 on just a mysql SQL file?

I appreciate any help folks here can render. Thanks in advance!

D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:28 pm

chowzer wrote:Can this Converter be run on just a backed up SQL file containing the PHPNuke forum database, or must it be used only on a site with PHPNuke and phpBB3 installed?
The convertor cannot be run on a SQL file. It has to be run on a database. I can't think of a reason why you can't integrate Wordpress with phpBB3 then run the convertor.
Have you hugged someone today?

chowzer

Post by chowzer » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Thanks, Dicky, for your prompt reply.

I'm unfamiliar with these 'techie' procedures and hope you can enlighten me.

I have WP and phpBB3.09 already installed on a test domain.

Could you suggest how I can use the mysql file I have backed up from my other PHPNuke site and import the forum post data into phpBB on this test site, so I can run the converter afterward? Specific steps would be helpful :)

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Basically, you follow the steps in this article, Transferring Your Board to a New Host or Domain

Move your PHP-Nuke files and sql database backup to the server where phpBB3 is.
Import the sql backup into a new database is preferable (it makes it easier to delete when you are done) or you can import into the phpBB3 database if the table prefixes are different. The best way is to import the file with BigDump.
Place the PHP-Nuke files into a directory separate from the phpBB3 directory.

Trister

Post by Trister » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:15 am

I don't understand the installation process.

I have a "blank, fresh install", Xtreme 2.0.9c (I believe) and would like to upgrade it to phpbb3. Questions are:

Would I upload phpbb3 into Xtreme or as a seperate folder?
- If it is a seperate folder, how to re-integrate phpbb3 back with Xtreme?

Where exactly would I upload this mod to, the root of phpbb3?

Or is this just a "transfer" from using a CMS to using phpbb3?

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:34 am

Trister wrote:I don't understand the installation process.

I have a "blank, fresh install", Xtreme 2.0.9c (I believe) and would like to upgrade it to phpbb3. Questions are:
Trister wrote:Would I upload phpbb3 into Xtreme or as a seperate folder?
- If it is a seperate folder, how to re-integrate phpbb3 back with Xtreme?
You upload phpBB3 into a separate folder.
What is Xtreme? Is it a style or a forked version of phpBB?

As far as I know, there is no way to integrate phpBB3 with PHP-Nuke. There used to be a couple of bridges, but they have been pulled from the Internet.

The closest thing I know if is that Nuke Evolution was working on a phpBB3 board to mimic the way PHP-Nuke works.
Trister wrote:Where exactly would I upload this mod to, the root of phpbb3?
Yes, you upload the files to the root of phpBB3.
Trister wrote:Or is this just a "transfer" from using a CMS to using phpbb3?
It is a transfer from PHP-Nuke CMS to a standalone phpBB3 board.

Trister

Post by Trister » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:06 pm

Xtreme is Nuke Evolutin Extreme. Thanks for responding to my post. I have a better understanding now. Except this isn't want I was looking for. I wanted to be able to upgrade Xtreme using phpbb2 to it using phpbb3. I thought I saw somewhere that someone had done this.

Thanks again for your response.

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:21 am

I did find this, phpbb3 forum module for nuke script. It is best to ask about this at the Evolution Xtreme site. phpbb.com does not support any Nuke version or integrating phpBB3 with any Nuke boards.

There was also phpBB-Evolution.com but that seems to be dormant now.

mwrycraft

Post by mwrycraft » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi!

Firstly I like to thank Dicky for the ongoing support of this thread and the script!

I have a large nuke install, which includes a substantial forum and I would like to migrate to phpbb3 (possibly integrating with Wordpress, but let's cross one bridge at a time). I have a local (MAMP) import of the nuke database and content, which is working fine, and have installed phpbb3 into another folder and created the db etc. I've moved the convertor files into the appropriate folder and started the conversation.

After removing the duplicate usernames, it's running but seems to be taking forever and I'm not sure exactly what it's doing right now. This is the information I'm getting back in my local browser:Filling tables

Filling table phpbb_topics:
skip_rows = 254128:
skip_rows = 256128:

6 rows/s (2000 rows) |
Step 10 of 27

I know (from looking at the original DB) there there are 13,700 topics in the forum and these are appearing in the new db, so I'm not sure why it's still running through the database. I can only assuming it's now looking through the original nuke_bbposts table which contains 485,215 lines?

It's been runing for close to 24 hours now and I'm not sure whether to stop and review or let it continue on (for what might be weeks if it does this for steps 11 to 27!).

Any ideas on what I can do to speed this up? :?

D¡cky
Former Team Member

Post by D¡cky » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:36 pm

@mwrycraft

Are you using the latest convertor? There was a problem with earlier versions getting stuck in a loop.

mwrycraft

Post by mwrycraft » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi Dicky

Thanks for replying. Yes, I believe I'm using the correct convertor (1.2). A look at the convert_nuke.php file in my convertors directory shows:

/**
* @package install
* @version 1.2
* @copyright (c) 2010 VojtÏch Vondra / ameeck
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License
* Original copyright: (c) 2005 phpBB Group
*/

It just seems strange to me that it's spending so long skipping(?) lines writing to bb_topics, when I know I only have 13,700 topics that I know are already there.

I'm currently up to
Filling tables
Filling table phpbb_topics:
skip_rows = 312157:
skip_rows = 314157:
7 rows/s (2000 rows) |
Step 10 of 27

mwrycraft

Post by mwrycraft » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Dicky, thanks!

I doublechecked, and though It seems they are both version 1.2, the link you posted are to files that I noticed were a couple of days 'newer'. I stopped the conversion (which was up to 700,000 'rows skipped' :? ), dropped all the tables in the DB, cleared down the config.php and started afresh. Partial success! It's now got beyond step 10 and as far as step 16. Things seemed to be going ok until I get a blank screen after refreshing from:

Filling table phpbb_posts:
skip_rows = 63408:
skip_rows = 65408:
190 rows/s (2000 rows) |
skip_rows = 67408:
189 rows/s (2000 rows) |
skip_rows = 69408:
190 rows/s (2000 rows) |
skip_rows = 71408:
181 rows/s (2000 rows) |

The only error I'm seeing is in the Apache log which is:
[Wed Nov 30 17:35:09 2011] [notice] child pid 30475 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Not sure where to go from here.. :?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”