phpBB3 forum merger

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Suggested Hosts
FreeBaGeL

Re: phpBB3 forum merger

Post by FreeBaGeL »

I've tried the script from the second post of this thread as well as the script in the post below:
splitice wrote:The latest version: http://thewarezscene.org/forums/phpbb3- ... 01614.html

There is an indev version but it is nowhere nearstable yet (not that its getting any development time ATM)
When I ran the one from the second post in this thread, I got an internal server error on step 3. When I refreshed the page, I got a bajillion errors that all seemed to revolve around the lack of a user_passwd_salt column in the phpbb_users table. However, I can't find where in the script it actually looks for user_passwd_salt to try removing it.

When I tried the script from the post I quoted up above, I got an internal server error after step 2 and refreshing the page did not fix it, and I could not proceed past that point.
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

FreeBaGeL wrote:I've tried the script from the second post of this thread as well as the script in the post below:
splitice wrote:The latest version: http://thewarezscene.org/forums/phpbb3- ... 01614.html

There is an indev version but it is nowhere nearstable yet (not that its getting any development time ATM)
When I tried the script from the post I quoted up above, I got an internal server error after step 2 and refreshing the page did not fix it, and I could not proceed past that point.
As I recall, that script used a lot of server resources. The only use to use that script, was to do it locally and max out the memory and other resource settings.
FreeBaGeL wrote:When I ran the one from the second post in this thread, I got an internal server error on step 3. When I refreshed the page, I got a bajillion errors that all seemed to revolve around the lack of a user_passwd_salt column in the phpbb_users table. However, I can't find where in the script it actually looks for user_passwd_salt to try removing it.
You will need to create the user_passwd_salt field in whichever database does not have it. You will need to look at the database that does have it to see what the specifications are as the varioius convertors do not create them the same.
Have you hugged someone today?
berni23

Post by berni23 »

I have just tried to merge 2 phpBB 3.0.8 and i get:

Code: Select all

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'anonymous\' LIMIT 1' at line 1
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'engerlass\' LIMIT 1' at line 1
And so on for each username.

The usernames i checked so far are present on both forums.
Maybe that's the problem?

Also, are "Start step 1" and "Start step 2" supposed to be blank pages?
berni23

Post by berni23 »

Not sure if this is relevant, but previously i have converted the source forum from phpBB2 to phpBB3.0.8 and after that moved the database from another host to the destination forum's host.
gs2088c

Post by gs2088c »

I've tried to get to:

http://thewarezscene.org/forums/phpbb3- ... 01614.html

listed in a post above. It tells me the "The requested topic does not exist".
Mainframe Computer Operations (8 years)
Mainframe Technical Support (5 years)
Tandem System Admin (8 years)
Tandem DBA (15 years)
What is the one real database? Tandem Non-Stop :mrgreen:
MCSell

Post by MCSell »

Hi,

i got a question but before i ask, i have to say that i got the same error with the link ... the topic does not exist ...

Now, my question is:

Are the rights of the Forum saved in the Database or in a file in the folders?
i need to know where the rights are saved because i dont want to set them new if i merge my Forum.

regards MCSell
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

User & Group permissions are stored in the database.
Have you hugged someone today?
engert

Post by engert »

Can someone help me with this please?
i am getting

Warning: include(.././common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\8585638\html\finalmerge\root\merger\index.php on line 26

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '.././common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Hosting\8585638\html\finalmerge\root\merger\index.php on line 26

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in D:\Hosting\8585638\html\finalmerge\root\merger\index.php on line 29
I have two boards running the latest version of PHPBB.
Why am i getting the above error? I have double checked the config.php file many time for the correct username password and database.

Can someone help please?

I have been reading this topic for about a week and is still not very clear to me with many attachments throughout the topic on which files to use and how to use them.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You have a phpBB board installed in the folder named /root/ ?
engert

Post by engert »

No. I have to boards installed in:
1. /forum
2 /forum2

So where do the merge files go? Under / (root)? I've tried that and i get the same error.

Warning: include(.././common.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\8585638\html\index.php on line 26

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '.././common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Hosting\8585638\html\index.php on line 26

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in D:\Hosting\8585638\html\index.php on line 29
Last edited by engert on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

(root) refers to the folder your phpBB is installed. So your /merger/ folder should be uploaded to either the /forum/ or /forum2/ folder..
So then you would be browsing to /forum/merger/index.php
engert

Post by engert »

A-HA! Now it's starting to make more sense.
Here's another question. You're saying either or.
Does it matter if i put the /merge folder in /forum or /forum2?
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Yes.
You would put it in the folder you are planning on keeping. The other would be merged into it.
engert

Post by engert »

Wow. Ok. So that's pretty important.
Well you just cleared up about 90% of my confusion. I will try it out.

I really appreciate your help. Hopefully in the future there'll be an official mod to acomplish this.
engert

Post by engert »

There you go. Sucessful merge. I just have to go into permissions now to make it visible for everyone.
I will try to put a how-to in the next few day on how to run this script and upload it here.
Because right now it's pretty confusing.
Again, thank you for your help.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”