[CONVERT] Proboards to phpBB3 Converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Ideas Centre
nneonneo

Re: Proboards to phpBB3 Converter

Post by nneonneo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Each forum and subforum has to be individually resynced. It's tedious with many boards, but it only needs to be done once.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.

gernster

Post by gernster » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Its ok, Ive sorted it, I was only resyncing at the top level!!!

Thanks for all your help. The search function works as it is so wont loose too mych sleep about the indexing thing. Everything lese now seems to have worked!

Cheers!

elektrofire

Post by elektrofire » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:08 pm

First off, thanks for taking so much time to answer and help fix everyones issues!

Now for my issue. The converter only seems to be grabbing posts made in june of 2009 and older. Most topics come back with the "topic is empty!" error,

Total Topics: 572
Total Posts: 4,364
Total Members: 75

Here are the results of the convert.

topics: 136
(looking in the sql, all 75 users were grabbed)

It seems no thread higher then 363 is able to be converted. I can watch it downloading multiple pages of a thread, but then when it completes it comes back as "topic is empty". Unfortunately, i don't have 5 posts yet, or i would PM you.

There isnt a whole lot of attachment, announcement or poll's in our threads, so i am not sure why its erroring out on the earlier posts as much as it is either.

thanks for the help in advance.

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:47 pm

Try this:
In the members_topics_posts script, change

Code: Select all

("""<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!--\\ndocument.write\\('<a href="mail'\\+'to:([^']+?)'\\+'@'\\+'([^"]+?)">'\\);// --></script>""","""<a href="mailto:\\1@\\2">"""),
to

("""<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!--\\ndocument.+\\'<a href="mail'\\+'to:([^']+?)'\\+'@'\\+'([^"]+?)">';// --></script>""","""<a href="mailto:\\1@\\2">"""),
Let me know if that works.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.

elektrofire

Post by elektrofire » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:24 am

Whatever that code change did, it works! You are good ;)

Thanks for the help!

talkirvine

Post by talkirvine » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:24 pm

I had the same issue as elektrofire. The change above worked like magic for me too - but only yesterday. What's weird is that as I'm prepping a new site to migrate to, I have been running the converter every few days. I never had the "Topic is empty" message before late Friday night. I don't know what could've happened.

Now today I'm getting the same "Topic is empty" messages, even though I have your fix in place. O_o

What the heck is going on? Is Proboards changing something? The only thing that has changed on my end is that our ad-free credits just ran out. Coincedence? Tomorrow we'll be ad-free again, so I can test that unlikely case than.

Also to rule out any javascript mods in the header/footers, I added "&NOHEADERS=1" in this line:

pagedata=download_page(URL+'?board=%s&action=display&thread=%i&NOHEADERS=1'%(board,topicid),progressline,COOKIEDATA+BPASS.get(board, ''))
But it didn't help. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:31 pm

That line apparently needs to be changed again; Proboards is probably experimenting with it.

New change:

("""<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!--\\ndocument.write\\('<a href="mail'\\+'to:([^']+?)'\\+'@'\\+'([^"]+?)">'\\);// --></script>""","""<a href="mailto:\\1@\\2">"""),
to

("""<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"><!--\\ndocument.+\\'<a href="mail'\\+'to:([^']+?)'\\+'@'\\+'([^"]+?)">.+?';// --></script>""","""<a href="mailto:\\1@\\2">"""),

talkirvine

Post by talkirvine » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Thank you! It's working! Another fast one :D

Hopefully it keeps working for a while, or I should say hopefully Proboards doesn't change things for a while.

wunderbunny

email addresses missing from SMF converter

Post by wunderbunny » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:32 am

Hello nneonneo, thank you very much for providing these converters. They're brilliant and I wouldn't be able to migrate my forum without them. I ran the converter successfully for SMF last January. It uploaded and the forum runs perfectly.

A couple of days ago, I started getting the same "Error: Topic is empty!" problem. I followed the instructions for changing the "massive grep of doom" code as specified above.

The changed code now generates topics and posts without the error message. However, there is a new problem. The members_smf.sql file does not contain email addresses. It did last January. I've never used Python but I tried fiddling around with the python code. I couldn't get it to pick up the email addresses.

I haven't tried to run any of the SQL produced after this modification.

I would be really grateful for your help. :)

heavyhammer

Post by heavyhammer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:23 pm

sweet I will need to try this

heavyhammer

Post by heavyhammer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:26 pm

I am having toubles with my conversion. Neo could you please pm me...

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:02 am

@wunderbunny: I apparently forgot to change the email fixing regex in the members conversion.

@heavyhammer: I sent you a PM, but you might want to try the new scripts first.

Attached are the new scripts. Try them out and let me know if it fixes the problem.
Attachments
Proboards.zip
Proboards scripts, 0.3.4
(31.73 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

wunderbunny

Post by wunderbunny » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:08 pm

nneonneo, thanks very much. I'm running the code right now. It'll take about 8 hours to complete. The members SQL file now contains email addresses. I'll let you know how things go tomorrow. It's looking good so far. :)

wunderbunny

Post by wunderbunny » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:04 pm

Thanks, nneonneo. I successfully uploaded the forum with the generated SQL code today. :)

elektrofire

Post by elektrofire » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:05 pm

I re-ran the converter again after not running it for a week or so (since you helped with it previously) and sure enough, it was borked. But, i came back here and BAM! you already had a fix up for me to use.

These new scripts are working for me again. Thanks for all the help you continue to provide! :D

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”