[BETA] IPB 1.3 to phpBB3 Convertor

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Anti-Spam Guide
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: Need help writing ipb13-to-phpbb3 convertor (for pm conv)

Post by D¡cky » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:45 pm

Lilly-Town wrote:hi i tried your convertor but in the begenning, i have this message :

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\phpbb3\install\convertors\functions_ipb13.php on line 193
someone knows where is my problem ??
You can enable iconv in the EasyPHP php extension settings.
Have you hugged someone today?

maat

Post by maat » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:40 pm

wow :o

seems i missed many messages here... sorry guys.

i thought i ckecked the box to recieve notices :(

@Lilly-Town : yes just enable iconv extension in easyphp (not enabled by default)

@tygerbug : my forum has got 30000+ users and 2million+ posts and i had no timeout problems nor missing things :?

does php or apache logs contain interresting error messages :?:

cfeedback

Post by cfeedback » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:12 am

Having trouble getting this converter to work, any help would be appreciated. Trying to convert from InvisionFree to phpBB3. I paid for a backup of our forum from IF, and successfully imported it into a fresh IPB 1.3.1 installation. When I run the converter, it seems like it converts all the posts but none of the users are converted. It'll say:

Total posts 24957 • Total topics 4521 • Total members 1 • Our newest member tester

tester being an account I created after the conversion. I've played around with it as much as I could but the results always seem to be the same. Thanks in advance for any help - really would like to get this new forum running ASAP!

maat

Post by maat » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:21 am

this time notification worked well :)

Hi,

Did it show errors during conversion ?
Does your web server error log contain errors that occured during conversion ?

cfeedback

Post by cfeedback » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:11 pm

I will run it again and write down the errors. First few times gave me a ton of errors about missing emoticons, but I added them back in to the IPB forum and they went away. Last time there were just 3 errors I believe, something about output_header already existing. Going to get the exact errors now.

I had to install this mod in order to get IPB to work on my server with php5 and mySQL5 - I hope that isn't the cause of the problem because it wouldn't run without that.

Also, I've been installing phpBB3 with the MySQLi extension enabled, although I really don't know what the difference is between that and just regular MySQL. Would this have any affect?

EDIT: I don't see any specific errors in the server log related to the conversion. I do have the following though which is similar to the errors the converter gave me (gonna get those now!)

/home/outahere/public_html/ipb/error_log: 
[10-Jan-2009 17:51:23] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/outahere/public_html/ipb/sources/Admin/ad_skinfix.php on line 290 
[10-Jan-2009 17:51:23] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/outahere/public_html/ipb/sources/Admin/ad_skinfix.php:290) in Unknown on line 0 
[10-Jan-2009 17:51:23] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/outahere/public_html/ipb/sources/Admin/ad_skinfix.php:290) in Unknown on line 0 

maat

Post by maat » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 pm

the convertor does not rely on ipb code at all so your added mod should have no effect on how convertor behaves

For emoticons it tracks emoticons in ipb database and tries to put them in phpbb emoticons dir... if they are not there it will complain :)

cfeedback

Post by cfeedback » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:36 pm

I just tried converting again this time without the MySQLi extensions enabled, and the conversion definitely seemed different. Seemed to go through a lot more steps about PMs and synchronizing topics and what not, and still the end result is the same. You can see the converted board here: http://outaheresports.org/forum/

Here are some errors from the server log in the conversion I just tried, not sure if they apply or not:

[Sun Jan 11 09:32:01 2009] [error] [client 38.99.13.123] Failed loading /usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so: /usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so: undefined symbol: compiler_globals 
[Sun Jan 11 09:32:06 2009] [error] [client 74.220.207.152] Failed loading /usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so: /usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer/php-5.2.x/ZendOptimizer.so: undefined symbol: compiler_globals

/home/outahere/public_html/forum/installold/error_log: 
[11-Jan-2009 09:29:30] a:3:{s:8:"forum_id";s:2:"40";s:4:"name";s:30:"Offseason contracts/resignings";s:6:"rights";a:3:{i:2;a:1:{i:0;s:10:"read_perms";}i:3;a:2:{i:0;s:11:"reply_perms";i:1;s:10:"read_perms";}i:4;a:4:{i:0;s:11:"start_perms";i:1;s:11:"reply_perms";i:2;s:10:"read_perms";i:3;s:12:"upload_perms";}}} 

[11-Jan-2009 09:29:35] a:3:{s:8:"forum_id";s:2:"40";s:4:"name";s:30:"Offseason contracts/resignings";s:6:"rights";a:3:{i:2;a:1:{i:0;s:10:"read_perms";}i:3;a:2:{i:0;s:11:"reply_perms";i:1;s:10:"read_perms";}i:4;a:4:{i:0;s:11:"start_perms";i:1;s:11:"reply_perms";i:2;s:10:"read_perms";i:3;s:12:"upload_perms";}}} /home/outahere/public_html/betaforum/adm/error_log: 
Thanks again for the quick replies, trying to get this figured before I head back to work on Monday!

cfeedback

Post by cfeedback » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:16 am

So...any more ideas on what I can do? I'm dreading having to try the phpbb2 converter as it seems a lot more complicated. Are you sure the mod to make IPB 1.3.1 compatible with PHP5/MySQL5 isn't causing any problems? I think it makes changes to the way IPB stores the files, as it doesn't work by default on a modern web server. Maybe its only a couple of small edits required to the converter to get it to work...I just wouldn't know where to start.

maat

Post by maat » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:43 am

May i have the SQL structure of your ipb database (dump without datas) so that i can compare with mine ?

cfeedback

Post by cfeedback » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:08 am

maat wrote:May i have the SQL structure of your ipb database (dump without datas) so that i can compare with mine ?
I think I did this right hopefully...I'm pretty technically minded in general but not so hot with web admin stuff. I exported it with phpMyAdmin and unchecked the data boxes.
ipbdb.sql.zip
(5.37 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Thanks again for all the help!

maat

Post by maat » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:35 am

ok I'll proceed in a few hours (at work atm)

cfeedback

Post by cfeedback » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:03 pm

maat wrote:ok I'll proceed in a few hours (at work atm)
Did you come up with any ideas? I'm desperate to get this to work, if there's anything else I can try or do I will. Thanks again for the help!

maat

Post by maat » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:49 am

Hi again (sorry forthe delay)

I compared both structures... they are very close.

database charset is different
some indexes also are different but that's not important

you have two fields i dont have in ibf_groups : g_acp_perms and g_can_view

you also appear to have 3 tables i dont have : ibf_mods ibf_mod_changes and ibf_mod_collision

dunno if it's important or not

can you create a new ipb forum like the one you have (but with just 2 or 3 users and 2or 3 topics and posts... just type random data for the posts) and send the full dump this time with data to see if i can convert it properly ?

RavenMokel

Post by RavenMokel » Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 pm

When trying this converter, in the very last step, i get the following error:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 [1136]

SQL
INSERT INTO phpbb_user_group (user_id, group_id, user_pending) SELECT id as user_id FROM ibf_members WHERE mgroup = 4

BACKTRACE
FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_convert.php
LINE: 1159
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: install/convertors/functions_ipb13.php
LINE: 543
CALL: user_group_auth()

FILE: install/install_convert.php(1661) : eval()'d code
LINE: 2
CALL: phpbb_convert_authentication()

FILE: install/install_convert.php
LINE: 1661
CALL: eval()

LINE: 808
CALL: install_convert->jump()

LINE: 212
CALL: install_convert->convert_data()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 405
CALL: install_convert->main()

FILE: install/index.php
LINE: 282
CALL: module->load()
Any idea what's wrong/different with my db?

-David

maat

Post by maat » Sun May 17, 2009 7:33 am

RavenMokel wrote:When trying this converter, in the very last step, i get the following error:
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 [1136]

SQL
INSERT INTO phpbb_user_group (user_id, group_id, user_pending) SELECT id as user_id FROM ibf_members WHERE mgroup = 4
Any idea what's wrong/different with my db?

-David
The SELECT part should provide 4 fields instead of just user_id because the INSERT INTO claims to fill 4 fields (user_id, group_id, user_pending)

let me look at my code to guess how this could happen

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”