[CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
nneonneo

Re: [CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Post by nneonneo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:23 pm

E-mail me then: nneonneo /at/ gmail <dot> com.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.

JJThompson

Post by JJThompson » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:21 pm

I have sent you an e-mail yesterday.

Just to let you know.

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Your message landed in my spam folder somehow. I will take a look at it later today.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.

JJThompson

Post by JJThompson » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:18 pm

I want to thank nneonneo for helping me. The problem was related with COOKIEDATA. You needn't to get to your site by domain other then yourdomain.forumotion.net because cookiedata wouldn't be proper.

AriannaxD

Post by AriannaxD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:22 pm

Hello again!
I hate to bother, but I'm trying to see if this will work again, and I would like to know if it preserves all posts. :) Last time that I tried it didn't work, but perhaps some changes will allow it to?

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:37 pm

The last time we discussed this, I believe the resolution was that Forumotion "blog posts" could not be converted until the "blog forum" was changed into a regular forum (you can make this change temporarily for the conversion and set it back later).

Other than that detail, the converter should just work, after the changes I made.

AriannaxD

Post by AriannaxD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Okay, that's fine, then. :) I'll try and start to run it on the main computer, and we'll see in a day or so (it takes some time to run) the results. x3
I can't wait to try! I'm really exited to see if this will work. :)
Thank you very much!

AriannaxD

Post by AriannaxD » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:14 pm

The converter seems to have worked! :) I'm having some trouble splitting the files, though... PHPmyAdmin is telling me it can take files up to 102 kKiB, but I can't seem to find out this number in bytes... I tried with something that I thought would work, but all that happened was the python window closed. :( Any help? Thank you!

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Try 100000, with no spaces, commas or extra characters.

AriannaxD

Post by AriannaxD » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 pm

That seemed to make 750 files. :/ I'll keep experimenting until it works, I guess. xD
Edit: I split it to 7 files. :) I hope it will work, it's trying to execute the stuff in the database right now. :) Thank you again for helping!

AriannaxD

Post by AriannaxD » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Hmm... I uploaded all files, but some topics (these are in normal categories) just tell me that the topic doesn't exist. I'm sure I've uploaded all sql files, what do you think has gone wrong?

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:23 pm

Have you resynched the boards?

AriannaxD

Post by AriannaxD » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:49 pm

I think that one file wasn't imported. It is, now..
Here are the statistics for the phpbb forum: Total posts 129008 • Total topics 2142;
and the statistics for the forumotion forum:Posts...161055 - Number of topics...2957;
We can factor off 710 topics and 4541 posts from the blogs section, but I'm still seeing a difference... That's about 100 topics which I don't seem to be able to see. Maybe it's because I cannot see some forums? Still... about 30,000 posts in these places? I'm sort of confused. xD
--
Just to add. I have almost 4000 posts on the forumotion forum, yet on the phpBB while performing the search function, I only find 610 matches... I don't know what's going wrong, as most of the topics that I have viewed look just fine.
--
Hehe, another edit. I can't see three forums: forum 33 and 10 and 57. xD Is it that which is the problem? If yes, what's happened to all of my posts?
Again, thanks very much for helping.
--
Yet another edit! I wrote a quick script to find the number of posts that I had in the database. Sure enough, I got 3026 posts. x3 I know that there are enough posts of mine in the blog section to make up for that, so great. xD
I'll keep working on this, thanks. x3
--
Ah, turns out another file wasn't uploaded, so I imported that and now it has 153408 posts. When we add the almost 5000 blog posts, we get about 156000. 4000 more in areas I can't see seems more than fiesable. xD
Thank you tons for helping!
--
Yay, another edit! I hope I'm not driving you crazy... xP
I'm trying to run the bbcode parser that was linked to, however, I'm getting this error:
Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_717c_0.MYI'; try to repair it [126]
An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Is there anything that I can do, which doesn't involve trying to change the converter? xD
--
OK. I just did something very dumb. I'll have to reinstall. I'll manually reparse the bbcode, then. xP

davidgraig

Post by davidgraig » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:35 am

Thanks for the awesome tool worked wonderfully:

a few notes for people who might be having the same issues I did:

first - don't try running the python on a remote server... there is a reason the cookie data is there :D

second - my domain was redirected from .com to .net, so using the .com was causing the script to fail.

third - if you are having a rough time getting the cookie data using javascript:document.cookie, you can try javascript:alert(document.cookie) - this should get you the cookie in a popup (this affects Safari, i think...)

Again, this script works very well, thanks for supporting it.

Dave.

Karl1987

Post by Karl1987 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:45 pm

ok all well but not resyncronize the topics and post in the forums

how can resyncronized the topics and post in teh forums?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”