[CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
carsten88888

Re: [CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Post by carsten88888 »

Thanks for this wonderfull application.

I've done the forum settings, I don't know the table_prefix because its forumotion, so can't see the prefix, so I used the default.

I will definately donate if this works.
perez51

Post by perez51 »

Someone would be kind enough to make an exception and send the solution via PM ?

thank you very much
carsten88888

Post by carsten88888 »

please anyone knows how to fix this?

python 2.6
windows 8
carsten88888

Post by carsten88888 »

I could not get this to work so scripted my own:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=2288966
HelpToTransfer

Post by HelpToTransfer »

Can anyone help me? I've done exactly step by step as described in instructions. I have even retried multiple times from scratch and/or reloginning, but so far I can't pass the step with executing "members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py". This is what I get after execution:

And the retry time will rise and rise and it never success.
HelpToTransfer

Post by HelpToTransfer »

Ok so I've checked the code and it supposedly should download the pages of ACP in "part=users_groups&sub=users", but it did download the page with verification of login. Then I tried to replace that with downloaded page by myself - failed as it replaces it, then I locked it to readonly and script crashed.

And finally I changed option in ACP General=>Security=>Confirm password to administration access=>No

Now I have the same problem as carsten88888 did, though his solution haven't worked for me either. Now going to dig why that error happens, hopefully I'll have some more time today and tomorrow to dig it all out, will report back if I will. Seems like I'll learn python myself faster than anyone will even try to help me in this thread :lol:

Edit1: Ok, located problem - it is in this line (it doesn't return username, now I need to find out what all those symbols means :? ):

Code: Select all

username=re.findall('<h[^>]*>Viewing profile :: (.+?)</h',userdata)
Edit2: The code where it looks is basically like that:

<h1 class="page-title" style="margin-bottom:1em;">
  Viewing profile: 
  <span style="color:#XXXXXX">
    <strong>NAME</strong>
  </span>
</h1>
So I've changed it to h1 and closed bracket, still no luck:

username=re.findall('<h1[^>]*>Viewing profile :: (.+?)</h1>', userdata)
As for me it seems like this part ":: (.+?)" is not correct, but I have no idea how to change it properly.

Edit3: Changed it to this:

username=re.findall('<h1[^>]*>Viewing profile: (.+?)</h1>', userdata)
And it seems like it started to work, will report back when it will finish processing.

Final edit: Ok that did the trick, but only Forums and Categories were correctly fetched (they were added to a single initial Category "Forum" though, but that isn't a problem I can split them back to multiple ones, all permissions and so on and so forth were all fetched correctly).

Users were f... up completely, only bots fetched correctly but users well...some got copied few times, some didn't at all, all places mixed.

Well I believe I could handle to copy all users myself by hands, but not posts and threads...and they...well...for some reason all threads are till 504 the same thread with only 2nd post for some reason, thread 505 is missing and starting from 506 it is the other thread with 1st and 2nd post...I see complete zero logic in this and how it could copy like that, I guess I'll try to figure it out tomorrow.

Ah and forgot the last thing to add - threads 1-504 can be accessed by anons and 506+ can't, so script is able to see threads required to be logged in, numbers of admin threads are present there as well.
DionDesigns

Post by DionDesigns »

In a previous post, I wrote:The membership and topic data will be intentionally corrupted if eToxic detects that the scripts from here are being run. You will think the export went smoothly...until you import the data and see that your new phpBB board is worthless.
eToxic reads this board. A new script was posted, and not surprisingly, it has been rendered useless.

The only solution is to use scripts that eToxic has never seen.

First time in months I've used phpBB 3.1 for anything other than compatibility testing. Good lord is it sluggish. :P
HelpToTransfer

Post by HelpToTransfer »

DionDesigns wrote:
In a previous post, I wrote:The membership and topic data will be intentionally corrupted if eToxic detects that the scripts from here are being run. You will think the export went smoothly...until you import the data and see that your new phpBB board is worthless.
eToxic reads this board. A new script was posted, and not surprisingly, it has been rendered useless.

The only solution is to use scripts that eToxic has never seen.

First time in months I've used phpBB 3.1 for anything other than compatibility testing. Good lord is it sluggish. :P
You suggest me to write my own? Seems like I'm already doing it step by step :lol:
If you're saying that there is some secret script going behind the curtain (through PMs or so) then one of them could pretend to need it, and so...conspiracy theory.
If I'll figure out how to do it I guess that hole will be available at least for month for those to come after me with same problem.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

he is telling you that the reason you are having these problems with the script is because the owners of the forumotion site do not want you to be able to convert your board and save it from their servers.

therefore, when they see a new script that allows it, they rewrite their code on their servers to prevent it from working properly.

when a new script comes along that will convert it, only the few lucky ones that see it before forumotion does will be able to make it work right.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
HelpToTransfer

Post by HelpToTransfer »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:he is telling you that the reason you are having these problems with the script is because the owners of the forumotion site do not want you to be able to convert your board and save it from their servers.

therefore, when they see a new script that allows it, they rewrite their code on their servers to prevent it from working properly.

when a new script comes along that will convert it, only the few lucky ones that see it before forumotion does will be able to make it work right.

robert
Postcount+1 I guess...thanks captain.
/ontop:
That still doesn't mean that there is no one out here that could help me with fixing this python script, hence why I posted in this thread. And I don't really care if they will change their code in some time, I'll be happy if I could finally migrate and probably few more people that will read my solution up until someone else will update and fix this script next time.
HelpToTransfer

Post by HelpToTransfer »

Just an update:
I have managed to get all users as well, I don't really remember what exactly did the trick, maybe some format of the code here:

for memberid in xrange(1,NUMUSERS+1):
    try:
        random.seed(RANDOMNUMBER+hash(memberid)) # creates static member passwords: they will never change.
        statusline="Member %s ... "%memberid
        userdata=download_page(URL+'u'+str(memberid),statusline+"Downloading - ",COOKIEDATA, sleeptime=BACKOFF)
        if '<div id="profile-advanced-layout">' in userdata:
            # "advanced" layout, grab additional info
            userdata+=download_page(URL+'u'+str(memberid)+'contact',statusline+"Downloading Page 2 - ",COOKIEDATA, sleeptime=BACKOFF)
            userdata+=download_page(URL+'u'+str(memberid)+'stats',statusline+"Downloading Page 3 - ",COOKIEDATA, sleeptime=BACKOFF)
        p=re.findall(r'<dt>(?:<span[^>]*>)?([^<>\n]+?)(?:&nbsp;\*)?(?:</span>)?(?:&nbsp;\*)?: ?(?:&nbsp;)?</dt> ?<dd>(?:<div class="field_uneditable">)?(.+?)(?:</div>|</dd>)', userdata) # locate all "quick info" lines
        p+=re.findall(r'<br />([^<>\n]+?) *: (.+?)(?:</div>)?<span class="corners-bottom">', userdata)
        p+=re.findall(r'<li><label>(Joined|Last visit) *:</label> ?(.+?)</li>', userdata)
        username=re.findall('<h1[^>]*>Viewing profile: (.+?)</h1>', userdata)
        printline(userdata)
        if not p or not username: # oops, no profile lines found
            printline(statusline+"Warning: Member doesn't exist!")
            print
            continue
or the fact that I changed phpbb_users structure in script to fit all my user fields.

Also I'm still struggling with posts, I'm sure that their codes are all fetched correctly as I've added print of their ID, position, etc. to verify this. I'm yet to dig out how it is all transformed, so many split there...still kind of hard to read python syntax, but like I've previously said - seems like I'll learn it in freetime (few min/day) and correct the code faster than anyone will even try to help. It's a pity that there are no direct converters from python code :(
DionDesigns

Post by DionDesigns »

If that's the script you used, make sure to inspect the data. Unless you were exporting less than 25 or so users, something tells me it is not what you expect it to be. ;)
HelpToTransfer

Post by HelpToTransfer »

DionDesigns wrote:If that's the script you used, make sure to inspect the data. Unless you were exporting less than 25 or so users, something tells me it is not what you expect it to be. ;)
Nope that is somewhat corrected part of TS members_topics_posts script, those who'll need it can find that part inside the script, that's what I'm doing here, I'm not creating something from start.
And it worked with whole lot more users than 25.
As I already said with all those corrections that I've posted here I successfully fetched categories, forums and users. Already recreated user groups as well.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some time to sit with the last part - getting topics and posts, I'm kind of really busy this month to the point that I don't really have a lot of time to spare :cry:
Panagiotis96

Post by Panagiotis96 »

Thanks for this app! I used it back in 2014 to convert my forumotion forum to phpBB and worked like a charm!

But, it didn't import the email addresses (of course you had pointed that out, and I was aware). But like 2 years later I understand the importance of having the ability to contact members via email. Is there any way that you could possibly export email addresses out of forumotion and add them to phpbb?
kHRYSTAL

Post by kHRYSTAL »

How to skip email address attempts I just need to get topics, posts and members without emails

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”