[CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Scraping

Re: [CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Post by Scraping »

Hi,

First of all, thank you very much for this, its terrible to be stuck with forumotion just because of content.

I'm trying to use this crawler, and I've read the instructions and changed settings accordingly, but when I try to run login.py, I get the error "line 25 print "Invalid username/password. Syntax error: Invalid syntax"

And when I try to open it normally (just double-clicking instead of using the command prompt), all the scripts just open the command prompt, do nothing then close immediately.

Any idea what is wrong?

Edit: Of course, windows is wrong... I ran the script on linux and it worked just fine. Other python scripts aren't working in windows either.

Edit2: Can you change the time it takes for a timeout/url error somewhere or something like that? I'm running linux from a live cd, which makes the internet a bit slow, and from what I noticed on some error logs of some topics, it seemed they were all url/timeout errors.
ninouee

Post by ninouee »

Hello, it is working for you?
Sorry for my poor english, it’s not my first langage but i work on it ;)
Oroton

Post by Oroton »

why are you running it through linux?

I just tested this out, and it worked flawlessly still.

Followed instructions to the tee.

make sure you are using the correct python install 2.7.X
and make sure you are using phpbb3 on forumotion.
Oroton

Post by Oroton »

Just tried it on a different forum. The one we want to convert

Code: Select all

DELETE FROM phpbb_users;DELETE FROM phpbb_user_group;INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_allow_massemail) VALUES (1, 2, 1, 'Anonymous', 'anonymous', 0, '', '', 'en', 1, 0, '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0);INSERT INTO phpbb_user_group (group_id, user_id, user_pending) VALUES('1', '1', '0');INSERT INTO phpbb_users(user_id, user_type, group_id, username, username_clean, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_email_hash, user_lang, user_style, user_rank, user_colour, user_posts, user_permissions, user_ip, user_birthday, user_lastpage, user_last_confirm_key, user_post_sortby_type, user_post_sortby_dir, user_topic_sortby_type, user_topic_sortby_dir, user_avatar, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_from, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_jabber, user_lastvisit, user_website, user_occ, user_interests, user_actkey, user_newpasswd, user_pass_convert, user_avatar_type) VALUES 
(2, 3, 5, 'Admin', 'admin', 1208268000, '7fd59b15900973f9ec02cf2ce26a19e1', '[email protected]', '15466644423', 'en', 1, 1, 'AA0000', 29, '', '', '01-01-1970', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', 'http://r20.imgfast.net/users/2012/22/31/85/avatars/1-49.png', '', '', 'Sunny QLD', '', '', '', '', '', 1409388180, '', '', '', '', '', 1, 2),
(12, 0, 2, 'Magma', 'magma', 1208440800, '8081d9cd1659f33c585a28ced07e8ac3', '', '00', 'en', 1, 0, '', 195, '', '', '09-04-1985', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', 'http://r20.imgfast.net/users/2012/22/31/85/avatars/11-21.jpg', '', '', 'Brisbane', '', '', '', '[email protected]', '', 1381728060, '', '', '', '', '', 1, 2),
(30, 0, 2, 'Admin', 'admin', 1208268000, 'e9f606b4b342c291aae96666414725ba', '', '00', 'en', 1, 0, '', 29, '', '', '01-01-1970', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', 'http://fc00.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/156/0/1/Error_guys___.gif', '', '', 'Sunny QLD', '', '', '', '', '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', 1, 2),
(102, 0, 2, 'Admin', 'admin', 1208268000, '9ae755968c2478323187aa0a076bdec1', '', '00', 'en', 1, 0, '', 29, '', '', '01-01-1970', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', 'http://fc00.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/156/0/1/Error_guys___.gif', '', '', 'Sunny QLD', '', '', '', '', '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', 1, 2),
(117, 0, 2, 'Admin', 'admin', 1208268000, '9df0e09cc59e78b0d762d84b61b4aac5', '', '00', 'en', 1, 0, '', 29, '', '', '01-01-1970', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', 'http://fc00.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/156/0/1/Error_guys___.gif', '', '', 'Sunny QLD', '', '', '', '', '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', 1, 2),
(152, 0, 2, 'Admin', 'admin', 1208268000, '0c7ef61c3e280bc11250d7d1aca7c5c1', '', '00', 'en', 1, 0, '', 29, '', '', '01-01-1970', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', 'http://fc00.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/156/0/1/Error_guys___.gif', '', '', 'Sunny QLD', '', '', '', '', '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', 1, 2),
(183, 0, 2, 'Admin', 'admin', 1208268000, '9ae8f7084e990dd8207b64e22ddee79d', '', '00', 'en', 1, 0, '', 29, '', '', '01-01-1970', '', '', 't', 'a', 't', 'd', 'http://fc00.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/156/0/1/Error_guys___.gif', '', '', 'Sunny QLD', '', '', '', '', '', 0, '', '', '', '', '', 1, 2);
I did this twice and all it does is input the admin data twice
Also,
It didnt' extract a single topic, did all the catagories fine though.

http://brissyridersclub.forum-motion.com/
Toudix

Post by Toudix »

First things first, I want to say thank you for the amazing job done here !

I ran the script and successfully gathered users/categories/forums informations. Sadly however, all topics are empty. I checked every setting from the settings.py file, reconfigured if needed everything from the user profil or administration control panel, created a new administrator user, with no luck, still getting 'Error! Topic is empty".

Hope to hear from you :)
teashi2

Post by teashi2 »

andr1u1 wrote:Hi all!!!

First, thank for this awesome converter!!

One question... I'm trying to converting forum from foroactivo.com (Forumotion) and all went all right but I've an issue when importing SQL tables to the new forum.

Members and Categorys imported OK but when I import Posts them don't categorize correctly, all of them are located on the Forum root and not in their correct category.

nneoneo, any idea what's happening?

Thank you very much!

Andreu

EDIT: No I've seen that all the tags <Forum_id> in tòpics_posts_phpBB3.sql are #1 :shock: Maybe an error with the forumotion converter? Of course all the posts were to the root of the fòrum... nneonneo any idea?
Hey!

Thanks for the script!

I got exactly the same problem.
Everything seems fine, except all <Forum_id>'s are 1.

Anyone have a solution maybe?

Thanks!
Scraping

Post by Scraping »

Oroton wrote:why are you running it through linux?

I just tested this out, and it worked flawlessly still.

Followed instructions to the tee.

make sure you are using the correct python install 2.7.X
and make sure you are using phpbb3 on forumotion.
Because windows is terrible for programming stuff, and though I ran it on live cd, that was temporary, as I usually run at least dual boot on my pc, linux is my safety net. I spent hours trying to get something else in python to work in windows, fixed tons of problems and there are still some left. Its annoying, to be honest, on linux it just ran perfectly without ever doing anything :/

I'll test it again with an actual install later, and will see what happens then. It collected data fine on the live cd, its just that it gave errors through it, probably due to being slow, and missed posts & topics.

About python 2.7, just in case anyone else with a similar issue sees my problem there, yep, that was the python version. I was almost sure I downloaded 2.7, that's even what I was thinking I had, until I looked on the version in the command prompt and it was not, I reinstalled and it worked as it should.

And this is more of a curiosity question than anything, but why are there all these bot accounts added to the database?

Edit:

Now I don't get any random failed errors, getting categories and members went fine, but it can't get any topics either... "Topic is empty!" on every topic :/
svit89

Post by svit89 »

Hello dear nneonneo.
First, thanks for this awesome converter!!!

I have some questions.

I can't run converter(download members email).
I changed all options in forum and in ACP(from Instructions.txt).

i can see in window:

Code: Select all

Retrieving admin page tokken ... Done. 
Member email adresses ... Downloading - Failed! retrying in 1 sec...
this process repeat (1sec, 2sec, 3sec, 5sec, 7sec......)
I noticed that the download comes 8770 bytes, and then - Failed! retrying in XX sec...

And last. a have tested converter with new forum(just created). All goens write. all members and topics saved
I have tested many options(on/off) in ACP --- it's didn't help :?
Has converter any limits for Numusers? my forum has 4282 users.
How i can test the email adresses manualy in my forum(where the program accesses or what the adress promt for internet Browser)

Please help me
Thanks in advance for your reply
svit89

Post by svit89 »

I typed "javascript:document.cookie" in my browser, and I have manually changed cookie in cookie.txt, and now can download emails 7 pages of 191 :cry: :cry: :cry:
nneonneo help me
svit89

Post by svit89 »

i understand: the people of eToxic read this topic regularly.
Could send me the solution by private message? help me people... thats work important for me
DionDesigns

Post by DionDesigns »

The membership and topic data will be intentionally corrupted if eToxic detects that the scripts from here are being run. You will think the export went smoothly...until you import the data and see that your new phpBB board is worthless.

The only solution is to use scripts that eToxic has never seen.
ninouee

Post by ninouee »

Hello

I serach help to use the convertor for my forum. Friends and me work on it since 2005 and we want to go to a phpbb3 forum "free".
Members doesnt want to go to the new forum without the database and the convertor dosent work with me.
Sorry for my poor english, it’s not my first langage but i work on it ;)
perez51

Post by perez51 »

Hello.
Someone would be so kind as to send the solution via mp "Topic is empty!", so e-toxic never knew

Thx
Kirkowa

Post by Kirkowa »

Ok, nobody answer my questions when I create new topic, so I'll try here.
As a user, who posted before me, I have a problem with empty topics and none of solution which I found here hels. And link to script in instruction, which should I use to finish convertion doesn't work.

Please, help us. I think not only for me it will be huge lost, if I'll try to move my forum from forumotion to phpBB 3 without all posts.

EDIT:

I read this topic more carefully and now I know why nobody answer.
perez51

Post by perez51 »

The converter works well until topic 40, here I spews error ID 41 Error: Topic is empty!,, some solution?
ID 37 Converting Topic!
ID 38 Converting Topic!
ID 39 Converting Topic
ID 40 Converting Topic
ID 41 Error: Topic is empty!
ID 42 Error: Topic is empty!
ID 43 Error: Topic is empty!

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”