[CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Get Involved
BDON911

Re: [CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Post by BDON911 »

Does this legitimately work? If so, I'd like to give it a shot.

You should upload a demo to youtube or something.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Heh, that's a neat idea. However, I am not convinced that YouTube will have a high enough resolution to show all the little details, but if I can find a decent screen-capture program then it is worth a shot.

As for it "legitimately working": it should work, based on testing and recent successful conversions. If you have any issues running or using it, do post here and I'll do my best to sort it out.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
BDON911

Post by BDON911 »

nneonneo wrote:Heh, that's a neat idea. However, I am not convinced that YouTube will have a high enough resolution to show all the little details, but if I can find a decent screen-capture program then it is worth a shot.

As for it "legitimately working": it should work, based on testing and recent successful conversions. If you have any issues running or using it, do post here and I'll do my best to sort it out.
Yea, I definitely will. I just want to be sure that I'm not going to completely mess something up, as I have a pretty large forum. We have over 800k posts. I hope having a larger forum doesn't lessen the chance of success for this conversion... :?
JRPAPA

Post by JRPAPA »

Sorry Double post. please delete this one
Last edited by JRPAPA on Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JRPAPA

Post by JRPAPA »

I have edit the settings.py, changed the forum date format at the preferences, double clicked members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py but this is my problem. "Topics does not exist!" please help! By the way double clicking the members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py inside a firewall will have no effect, it opens a command promt then close again fast. Meaning it is terminated by the firewall.
amantonas

Post by amantonas »

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble. I need to download the database of my forumotion forum, and I came across this neat little converter. I am completely new to this stuff, though. Whenever I put in the settings, I just get this:
Is there any way to fix this?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Double-check the URL you specified in settings.py; the error message you are getting indicates that the address could not be found.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
amantonas

Post by amantonas »

Alright, that helped, but now I get an error message:

Code: Select all

Error: time data 'Sat 8 Nov 2008' does not match format '%Y-%m-%d, %H:%M'
amantonas

Post by amantonas »

Oh, duh. I saw your post on the previous page. And I just want to say that you have to delete any custom profile fields, like a warning system. Thanks!
amantonas

Post by amantonas »

Sorry about the triple post, but it downloads all the users and then says that it converted no topics and no posts.
Heres my forum: fansonfire.forumotion.com
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

There was a slight bug in the forum detection system which didn't work correctly on your forum. It is now fixed: an updated converter is attached.

EDIT: removed, please download from first page
Last edited by nneonneo on Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pixi

Post by Pixi »

*sorry double post* *please see new thread http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1497135*
davidgraig

Post by davidgraig »

Hi there,

Thanks for writing this script! Unfortunately, I am also having the problem where it cannot find the members or boards ("Warning: Member 1 doesn't exist!", etc.). My board is ronin49.forumotion.com. I have the cookiedata field set, and i'm fairly certain the forum is in phpBB3 mode... what else could be going wrong?

Thanks,
Dave.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

@amantonas: was the problem resolved by the new converter?

@davidgraig: actually, your forum looks like it might be in phpBB2 mode, can you double-check that you set it to phpBB3?

@Pixi: see reply there.
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

Hello, and thank you for the intelligent converter :)
I've tried to run the script many times, I don't what the problem is but everytime I do it I get all the members but it tells me ( converted 0 posts and 0 topics)

plus, excuse me, I'm kinda week in php :oops: , so what should I do after getting the .sql files? merge them in phpmyadmin you main?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”