[CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
raintor

Re: [CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Post by raintor »

Emails download with no issue for me, so it looks like that might be an internment issue? Who knows. The issue I'm having is that when the converter finishes, the posts in the topics are duplicated. Deleting what appeared to be the duplicate posts allowed the file to import successfully. However when you check the forum, the topics still appear but then all posts are gone (which is a result of modifying the file by deleting what at the time were assumed to be only the duplicate posts). So it's clear that the posts are disappearing cause both the duplicates and original posts are being deleted. So what exactly is causing the topics to duplicate them? Anyone have some suggestions to prevent this?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Make sure both of the following options (in Administration->General->Messages and Emails->Configuration) are turned off and/or set to zero:

- Always show the first post in the topics
- Number of posts from previous page to display on last page
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
raintor

Post by raintor »

nneonneo wrote:Make sure both of the following options (in Administration->General->Messages and Emails->Configuration) are turned off and/or set to zero:

- Always show the first post in the topics
- Number of posts from previous page to display on last page
Yep both are already turned off/set to zero. Tried exporting and importing multiple times, even completely wiped out the forum installation and started from scratch. Keep getting a Error Code: 1062. Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'. Verified all settings are correct multiple times, even ran the script from scratch.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

What posts are getting duplicated? If you visit the topics/posts in question, is there anything odd about them?
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
raintor

Post by raintor »

nneonneo wrote:What posts are getting duplicated? If you visit the topics/posts in question, is there anything odd about them?
I don't know necessarily what you mean or consider odd? It's a normal topic...

Hopefully something here will give you some insight:

The members SQL. and categories SQL upload fine to my new forum database. When you try to upload the post SQL you get this error message which prevents it.

Error Code: 1062. Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'.

Which is clearly a result of the posts for what ever reason being duplicated from the script. And I have double checked and made sure the setting you mentioned before were right.

Now if you load the new forum at this point. The members are all there. And the categories are all there. If you go into the categories you can see some topics. But here's something weird. One of the topics gets duplicated. Also the script failed to get the rest of the topics/posts past this point. It almost seems like it's getting stuck on one topic and repeating it over and over. It's a normal topic from what I can tell.

Now if you click into a topic there is nothing because the post SQL hasn't uploaded. If you go into the SQL files and delete the duplicate posts/topics, the file will upload and the posts and topics will display. But once again to clarify the script didn't completely rip the rest of the topics/posts. And trying to delete duplicates on a bigger forum strip isn't going to be easy or practical.

Now I watched in terminal with the script running and basically this is what I saw .

The topic id counts up and posts download at first.

So let's say this as a fake example (I know it's not exact to what's in terminal but I'm sure you'll get the picture):
T1: 2 post downloaded
T2: 3 post downloaded
T3: 8 posts.
etc.

Then when it reaches one of the topics Ids this happens
T15: 12 posts download
T16: 12 posts download
T17: 12 posts download
Etc. until the script reaches the end. So you can see for what ever reason it is just duplicating and getting stuck.

So hopefully this gives you or someone a better insight and can help. What ever info you need from me let me know. I would love to get over onto my own host.

Thanks
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

That's _weird_. I've definitely never seen that happen before. Send me a link to your forumotion forum (over PM or email please) and I'll take a look.
raintor

Post by raintor »

nneonneo wrote:That's _weird_. I've definitely never seen that happen before. Send me a link to your forumotion forum (over PM or email please) and I'll take a look.
I just tried to send you a PM but unfortunately I am unable to as it says I have fewer than five posts. Would you be able to shoot me a PM and can I get around that restriction that way?

To give some more information in advanced, the URL I'll be sending is a test forum that I have set up for building themes etc before going live on the actual forum. I'm using this as a test for the script before using it on a much larger scale as the actual forum has about 173,000+ posts all together. The move is to get away from forumotion and be able to customize things more and have more control over our settings. Also the mac were running this on is on Python 2.7.1 if that is of any help. We already tried it on another machine running 2.7.6 yet it runs into a connection error and unable to download cookies.

Just noticed you said or over email. What is your email address?
raintor

Post by raintor »

Just got your message, will reply shortly.
DionDesigns

Post by DionDesigns »

raintor wrote:So let's say this as a fake example (I know it's not exact to what's in terminal but I'm sure you'll get the picture):
T1: 2 post downloaded
T2: 3 post downloaded
T3: 8 posts.
etc.

Then when it reaches one of the topics Ids this happens
T15: 12 posts download
T16: 12 posts download
T17: 12 posts download
Etc. until the script reaches the end. So you can see for what ever reason it is just duplicating and getting stuck.
The script isn't getting stuck. eToxic has added some "intelligent" code that repeats the first topic once it has determined that the script available here is running. It is doing something similar with the membership data as well.

As of now, the forumotion script available here is officially broken. It will require a redesign of the scraping engine to fix these issues.

Thankfully, these changes had no effect on the scripts I use to scrape forumotion boards. They use a completely different method to scrape members, forums, topics, and posts than the scripts from here.
kHRYSTAL

Post by kHRYSTAL »

I have a problem about login.py, when I enter username it's ok, but on password field I can't type anything so I can't login, can anyone tell me how to fix it?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

kHRYSTAL wrote:I have a problem about login.py, when I enter username it's ok, but on password field I can't type anything so I can't login, can anyone tell me how to fix it?
Your password is hidden when you type it in. You won't see anything, but rest assured the script is getting it.
kHRYSTAL

Post by kHRYSTAL »

nneonneo wrote:
kHRYSTAL wrote:I have a problem about login.py, when I enter username it's ok, but on password field I can't type anything so I can't login, can anyone tell me how to fix it?
Your password is hidden when you type it in. You won't see anything, but rest assured the script is getting it.
Awesome! :P Works as intended. Mucho love.
Rogue_runner

Post by Rogue_runner »

Hi there, feel a bit silly asking, but I am an absolute novice at coding;

Whereabouts do I input the cookie data from my forum into python? Managed to find the other bits to input (so far, at least), but couldn't work out where cookie went.

Thanks!

(Also I'm amazed there's still support up for this!)
ninouee

Post by ninouee »

Hello

Like the othe people in this topick i try to move my forumactif (same as forumotion but in french) to phpbb3.

I try this converter and i have a problem with the members email. I save the email and the id in a excel board and i can writ it manualy in the new form if it's necessary.

My question is, how i can download ids, forum, subject en message?

Thank you for your answer. ;)
Sorry for my poor english, it’s not my first langage but i work on it ;)
andr1u1

Post by andr1u1 »

Hi all!!!

First, thank for this awesome converter!!

One question... I'm trying to converting forum from foroactivo.com (Forumotion) and all went all right but I've an issue when importing SQL tables to the new forum.

Members and Categorys imported OK but when I import Posts them don't categorize correctly, all of them are located on the Forum root and not in their correct category.

nneoneo, any idea what's happening?

Thank you very much!

Andreu

EDIT: No I've seen that all the tags <Forum_id> in tòpics_posts_phpBB3.sql are #1 :shock: Maybe an error with the forumotion converter? Of course all the posts were to the root of the fòrum... nneonneo any idea?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”