[CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Ideas Centre
DionDesigns

Re: [CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Post by DionDesigns »

Car2013 wrote:
DionDesigns wrote:I have a suggestion that would help if you decide to repeat the convertor process, but I don't want to post it here because people at eToxic (the parent company of forumotion) read this topic regularly, and they would change their code so my suggestion would no longer work. Please read my signature.
Sure. And I already did a contact through there.
I'll wait.
Thank you.
Please check your Hotmail email address which you provided. An email reply was sent to you two days ago. I am re-sending that reply right now.
Car2013

Post by Car2013 »

DionDesigns wrote:
Car2013 wrote:
DionDesigns wrote:I have a suggestion that would help if you decide to repeat the convertor process, but I don't want to post it here because people at eToxic (the parent company of forumotion) read this topic regularly, and they would change their code so my suggestion would no longer work. Please read my signature.
Sure. And I already did a contact through there.
I'll wait.
Thank you.
Please check your Hotmail email address which you provided. An email reply was sent to you two days ago. I am re-sending that reply right now.
Well. Guess what? Hotmail put in the trash. :)
I saw, and I'll answer there.
Thanks.
Cleopatra1

Post by Cleopatra1 »

Has anyone made this convert correct
Please help me
FireFlight

Post by FireFlight »

I tried again with some adjustments.

Still getting "Failed! Retry in X seconds . . . "

The farthest I get is still 7 pages of emails if I manually save COOKIEDATA ='my_cookie_string'.

Any thoughts, nneonneo?

P.S. I'm using python 2.6.
FireFlight

Post by FireFlight »

Going to PM for the extra code to DL emails quickly -- needed at least 5 posts to PM you (this is my 5th post :p)
phuriousgeorge

Post by phuriousgeorge »

FireFlight wrote:I tried again with some adjustments.

The farthest I get is still 7 pages of emails if I manually save COOKIEDATA ='my_cookie_string'.

Any thoughts, nneonneo?

I'm getting the same error, but using python2.7.

Any suggestions? I just stumbled across this post after over a year of getting complaints about loosing our old forum. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
DionDesigns

Post by DionDesigns »

I do not believe it is possible anymore to export email addresses from forumotion boards using traditional scripts. I'm able to do it, but I use a special technique that I will never post in public nor provide to anyone else. It's, well, outside-the-box...and I don't want eToxic finding a way to prevent it. It's also not free.

My suggestion is to modify nneonneo's script to stop trying to export email addresses, and instead have it generate a null email address (something like [email protected]) for all users. Once this is done, the script should run fine (albeit slowly due to countless HTTP 503 errors added by eToxic).

Every user will need to change their password anyway, so it's not a big deal to have them change their email address at the same time.
mrwill

Post by mrwill »

If i'm able to get all email address in order to a text file ( manual work maybe :lol: ) can you help me to import it in new phpbb3 database ?
DionDesigns

Post by DionDesigns »

mrwill wrote:If i'm able to get all email address in order to a text file ( manual work maybe :lol: ) can you help me to import it in new phpbb3 database ?
I suggest that you read the second line in my signature. ;)
ngelay

Post by ngelay »

If i use this converter, do it effect to exisiting forum. I mean can forum down. :) :)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

it won't affect your current forumotion board. all it does is copy things from it to your new phpbb board.

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
tobse

Post by tobse »

I'm also currently planning to move my forum. It's not a forumotion one, but a forumieren, which is the german equivalent. I had to slightly update the scripts to support some german user profile fields, but everything else seems to work out of the box. I only have one issue, which I guess is not related to the language differences:

Every post that contains inline attachment is skipped, while all other posts of the same topic are copied properly. Did anyone encounter this already?

Thanks!
user15683

Post by user15683 »

FireFlight wrote:I tried again with some adjustments.

Any thoughts, nneonneo?

Hello,
I'm having the same problem.
Has anyone found a way to by-pass this email issue? Another converter... anything! Please help!
kHRYSTAL

Post by kHRYSTAL »

Why is this not working anymore? Even instructions are changed therefore it doesn't require console cookie copy?
BaktiStr

Post by BaktiStr »

is it still work ??

i got error in getting the member data

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”