[CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Ideas Centre
Karl1987

Re: [CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Post by Karl1987 »

ok when i run the file menmber_topics_post.py the result is this:

this is normal?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Definitely not normal.

This might happen if you have the cookie data wrong. Is the forum in "phpBB3 mode"?
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
Karl1987

Post by Karl1987 »

yeah mi forum is phpbb3 look http://testkarl.activoro.com, can you solved?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

That link is dead.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
Karl1987

Post by Karl1987 »

:shock: i'm sorry friedn i so put the link bad now work perfect, thanks

Edit: firts worked good but after put the same of previous image why?

the link is http://testkarl.foroactivo.com
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

You mean it worked the first time? That's odd. Can you PM me your settings.py file?
Karl1987

Post by Karl1987 »

Send friend ^^
Karl1987

Post by Karl1987 »

ok now i have the database of my forum, when i run the sql in my database all good but when i enter in my new forum and access to acp i can't why?
firefoxfreak33

Post by firefoxfreak33 »

Hiya I am a bit noobish with this but i want to convert my forumotion forum to a proper forum on my website space, I have set up a fourm on my space, now a few of the instructions i don't understand these are as follows:

3) Run the members_topics_posts.py Python script (Windows: double click it; *nix use "python members_topics_posts.py" as a command)
4) Execute the SQL batch files members.sql, topics_posts.sql and categories_forums.sql in the forum db

not sure where these things are.

also in the instructions it says go on to a startrek forum to use the code, it says there will be instuctions how to use the code on the forum but i can't see any :P
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

One thing at a time :)

You should install Python. Then, on Windows, you should just be able to double-click on the members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py script and it will start to run.

If you have Mac OS X, Linux or UNIX, then you should open a console/terminal, navigate to the converter folder (using "cd" -- on Linux or OS X you can type "cd " and drop the converter folder onto the terminal window), then execute "python members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py". Note that these operating systems typically have Python already installed.
firefoxfreak33

Post by firefoxfreak33 »

I have python installed as it said on the instructions I open members topic posts phpbb3 thing it loads for about 3 seconds then closes.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

I assume you installed Python 2.5 or 2.6? There might be a file called "critical_error.log" in the folder. Post the contents of that file.
firefoxfreak33

Post by firefoxfreak33 »

I re-downloaded and it now opens although it now says member not found for everything.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Hmm. It could be something with your board. Are you using phpBB3 mode for your forum, and have you entered the COOKIEDATA?
firefoxfreak33

Post by firefoxfreak33 »

I have entered the cookiedata, and i am using phpbb2

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”