[CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
nneonneo

Re: [CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Post by nneonneo »

If you delete a member, their ID is not reused. So, if you have 466 members, you might be up to ID 480 if you deleted 14 members. The best way to tell what the last ID is is to check the profile of the last user to join the forum.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
onzabikes

Post by onzabikes »

Ahh i see, well i will be re-doing it again soon when the new forum finaly goes live, today was just a test, but how do i get the .sql files onto the new forum lol? It's been a long day, cant figure it out lol.

Thanks for the help.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

If you've got phpMyAdmin or a similar tool on your web host, just use the "import" functionality to get it into the new forum.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
messengermatt

Post by messengermatt »

nneonneo i am getting no topic or posts found message when downloading data - it downloaded all the members etc just not any posts or topics.

Does anyone have a suggestion
dieselpower

Post by dieselpower »

I'm having a slight problem with the import process - when downloading user accounts, I often see the following:

Error: time data did not match format: data=Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:51 am fmt=%Y-%m-%d, %H:%M
Member 70 ... Completed! User Password: xxxxx

or

Error: unconverted data remains: am
Member 111 ... Completed! User Password: xxxx

I have set it in PHPBB3 mode, have the cookie in correctly and have changed the date format. It hasn't done this for all users, only selected users. I've checked some of the user accounts in question and they all seem to be using the same format for the email address on their own profiles.

Any ideas how to get around this?
messengermatt

Post by messengermatt »

I think you need to change the forums time format
dieselpower

Post by dieselpower »

I am also seeing this problem:

Topic ID 2 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 3 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 4 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 5 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 6 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 7 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 8 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 9 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 10 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 11 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 13 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 14 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 15 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 17 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 18 ... Error: Topic is empty!
Topic ID 19 ... Error: Topic is empty!

This happens for every topic ID, however I am often seeing it load additional pages of information only to be presented with the error above right before it moves onto the next one. Some data is in the .sql files, but it appears to not update after the forum structure is loaded (which appears to work).

At the end of the conversion process I get this:
Converted 0 posts and 0 topics.

Site is http://4rocs.forumotion.com

Thanks,
Tom
dieselpower

Post by dieselpower »

messengermatt wrote:I think you need to change the forums time format
The time format is set as specified in the instructions. A previous run I didn't change the time format and this happened for EVERY user. It now only happens for some users.
messengermatt

Post by messengermatt »

The dates are not set to the right format

e.g. Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:11 pm

In the the "Date format" option; it MUST be changed to the one resembling "2008-03-29, 19:46". If this isn't done, the converter simply won't work.

It's the date settings on the actual forums not the admin area i do believ
MGadAllah
Name: Mohamed GadAllah

Post by MGadAllah »

sorry but what does it does exactly? :roll:
Would you like to know more about ISLAM ?
dieselpower

Post by dieselpower »

messengermatt wrote:The dates are not set to the right format

e.g. Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:11 pm

In the the "Date format" option; it MUST be changed to the one resembling "2008-03-29, 19:46". If this isn't done, the converter simply won't work.

It's the date settings on the actual forums not the admin area i do believ
Please explain where you mean. The ONLY place I can find to change date format in forumotion is in the admin area, general tab, configuration (under 'forum' box), date format. This is set right - 2009-09-04, 22:22. If there is somewhere else it is not very clear where I need to set it.

EDIT - nevermind, got it - it's under my user preferences not under the forum preferences. I guess the user preferences are set to whatever the forum preference was when the forum account was created as my account is incorrect but many of the newer accounts are set correctly.
Last edited by dieselpower on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
messengermatt

Post by messengermatt »

dieselpower

Post by dieselpower »

Thanks. I think the instructions should be updated to make it a little more clear - they say 'in your preferences, set the date format...'. Perhaps they should say 'in your user profile, set the date format' - I may not have missed it so easily if that was the case.

The rest of it is working now and it's happily downloading posts.
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

@dieselpower: Glad you could get it resolved. I will update the instructions for the next version.

@MGadAllah: This converter will download members, topics and posts from your Forumotion forum and convert them into phpBB3 format, so that you can import it all into a new phpBB3 board. It is intended for people who want to archive their posts in a safer place, or who want to move off Forumotion entirely. It's a crawler converter, meaning that it downloads HTML pages and processes them back into raw topics and posts, since you are not given access to the underlying database.
MGadAllah
Name: Mohamed GadAllah

Post by MGadAllah »

Forumotion forum is a free service offering hosting forum for free ... right?
But does they accept doing such a thing? or ones should upgrade to their service to go on with them?
I mean is it ok and accepted by them to start with them then download the database ?
Would you like to know more about ISLAM ?

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”