[CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
collectiques

Re: [CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Post by collectiques »

hrrrmm after reading a thread on google I changed it to (2,3,5) and now have the flashchat admin access mod working right ... I hope thats correct

user_id, user_type, group_id, - I read user_type was 3 for admin and group_id administrators was 5 ... so tried it - I sure hope I'm not stuffing anything up :oops: I'm very new to all this
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

good that it finaly worked for u :)
am too totaly beginner in this world, but it's fun anyway:)
is the converting code attached in the begining of this subject is the latest version?? :?:
poizone

Post by poizone »

I keep getting an error about 'Member x doesn't exist' and it converts no posts. I have edited my settings multiple times to no avail.

EDIT: Now I'm getting an error about an infinite loop.

EDIT 2: Fixed all my issues. Ignore.
onzabikes

Post by onzabikes »

Can i just confirm before i start this that my forumotion forum will not be affected in anyway after this conversion is complete, because i would like to test it out first to see just how much is lost and how successful it is before i do it properly and make the new forum public.

I took over a forumotion forum a little while ago from my mate and said straight away it needs to be on phpbb, so much better and customizable.

Many Thanks,
Josh
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

onzabikes,

it is a good idea to test first. Your forumotion board will not be affected by the conversion process.
Have you hugged someone today?
onzabikes

Post by onzabikes »

Ok thank you very much. I will give it a go now, see what happens :)

Cheers
Kirauni

Post by Kirauni »

It seems like this script does not work with the current version of Forumotions's boards anymore.
messengermatt

Post by messengermatt »

I cant seem to get this to work at the moment, is there anymore i can do to get this working ?

I keep getting member doesnt exist although all the data i have added is 100% correct.
messengermatt

Post by messengermatt »

The updated files added today work a treat thanks to the creator working with me to make sure it it was updated as per the changes made to forumotion
onzabikes

Post by onzabikes »

For about a week i have been getting member does not exist. Then i tried again today and i've got new message come up, "Failed! <urlopen error [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed, retrying in 5 seconds..."

Then i noticed there is newer versions of the files so downloaded them but im still getting the same error, can anyone help please?

Thanks,
Josh
messengermatt

Post by messengermatt »

Have you put the / at the end of the forum url?
onzabikes

Post by onzabikes »

I didn't put that in, thankyou.

However now when it tried to retrieve member 1's email it says "Failed! HTTP Error 302. The HTTP server returned a redirect loop that leed to an infinate loop" Then it says to check the convert error log, i looked at it says "Member ID 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Forumotion\members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py", line 259, in <module>
raise Exception("Please log in to your administration panel and update the cookie in order to download member e-mails.")
Exception: Please log in to your administration panel and update the cookie in order to download member e-mails."

I've gone into the admin panel on forumotion but cant find anything about downloading members emails :S, any help would be much appriciated, thanks.

Josh
messengermatt

Post by messengermatt »

This happened to me, i logged out of the forums left it a while then went a did it again and it worked
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Log out of Forumotion, then log back in and redo the COOKIEDATA. That may solve the problem (if you are still having issues with it, PM me your settings.py file and I'll take a look)
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
onzabikes

Post by onzabikes »

Thankyou very much, it seems to be working now :) although i noticed in the settings i put 468 members knowing that we only had 466, but it still say it found 467 and 468 and told me the passwords for them :S and a few memebers couldn;t be found but most of them were fine. Im now on topic id 780, only a couple of thousand to go :/

Thanks though :) hopefully i can then put it all over to the new forum

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”