phpBB site is running but no one can post

For users who wish to pay for specific services from other members.
NOTE: The phpBB team has no responsibility in these services whatsoever. Usage is at your own risk!
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations
READ: Wanted's Forum Rules

NOTE: All contracts and services provided through this forum are at your own responsibility.
The phpBB Teams will NOT deal with disputes resulting from interactions through this forum.
Matnum PI

phpBB site is running but no one can post

Post by Matnum PI »

Title/Job Description: Need to upgrade phpBB 3.0.11 to 3.2.5 and post it within my website... and have people be able to post.

Target audience: (e.g. professionals, hobbyists, students) Hobbyists. Lacrosse fans.

Reward: (e. g. money, backlinks, fame) Money and fame.

Deadline: ASAP. the site is currently live (but in a coma). I need this done.

Preferred contact method: (e.g. PM, e-mail) PM is good.

Link to the board: http://lummys.com/fanlax/phpbb3/index.php

Detailed description of the tasks: I have the Database and phpBB files. I need both changed from what they are (3.0.11 and apparently something wrong with the database) into what they need to be (3.2.5 and a clean database.
Last edited by Matnum PI on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Re: phpBB site is running but no one can post

Post by Matnum PI »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.2.5
What is your board's URL? http://lummys.com/fanlax/phpbb3/index.php
Who do you host your board with? GoDaddy
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Update from a previous version of phpBB3
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
Do you have any MODs installed? No
Do you have any extensions installed? No
What version of phpBB3 did you update from? phpBB 3.0.2
What styles do you currently have installed? prosilver
What language(s) is your board currently using? British English
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL(i) 5.6.41-cll-lve
What is your level of experience? Inexperienced.
What username can be used to view this issue? Test
What password can be used to view this issue? Test123
What actions did you take (updating your board; installing a MOD, style or extension; etc.) prior to this problem becoming noticeable? Updating Board while in a testing area of a new hosting account within GoDaddy. i.e. The site wasn't live yet. And when it wasn't live I didn't test this specific issue. Then the site was live...
Please describe your problem. Everything appears to be 100% with the forum. Except... No one can post, reply, create a new topic, etc. You can do everything including click Submit but after you click Submit, nothing.
Generated by SRT Generator

I'm not 100% sure that the phpBB doesn't have any extensions or MODs but I don't think it does. One MOD on the wikilist of MODs is Apache and during the searching to fix this I saw a line that refers to Apache. Also, I'm sure that I added stuff to my phpBB when it was 3.0 like smilies and maybe even more complicated. It's possible I modified something or added an extension but I don't remember doing it. Also, if relevant, PMs work.
Caddy Day
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

This is a continuation of viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2499841
@ Matnum PI : I'll repeat it again, the database backup you sent me yesterday evening, and which I imported, has 47 tables. The last table included = search_wordmatch.
Tables missing are (not limited to) the topics tables, the users table, the user_group table, the styles table.
A phpBB 3.0.11 database has a minimum of 63 tables.

Nobody can update your 3.0.11 if it is that incomplete.

And as I have told you, since an upgrade to 3.2.5 was done, and that upgraded "seems" to have the data, all I, or anyone else, needs is the full database and a new upgrade can be attempted. Structurally the 47 tables present are all in order so at the moment I see nothing preventing a succesfull upgrade (apart from the database being incomplete).

Added: your 3.0.11 board is up and running: so use the Backup feature in the ACP: select all tables (1 click), save it compressed (as .gz). You will then find that backup in yourboardurl/store/
Spelling is freeware, which means you can use it for free.
On the other hand, it is not open source, which means you cannot change it or publish it in a modified form.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Added: We appear to be close to resolving and completing my update/migrate issue. warmweer, you're a good man. :)
Caddy Day

Return to “Wanted!”