need a programmer to alter the code

For users who wish to pay for specific services from other members.
NOTE: The phpBB team has no responsibility in these services whatsoever. Usage is at your own risk!
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations
READ: Wanted's Forum Rules

NOTE: All contracts and services provided through this forum are at your own responsibility.
The phpBB Teams will NOT deal with disputes resulting from interactions through this forum.
TheButcher2

need a programmer to alter the code

Post by TheButcher2 »

Programmer to change mass email code

Target Audience: It is an adult webmaster board for adults only

Reward:Payment as agreed by Paypal, check or wire trasnfer

Open

Contact me thru my forum contact link please

Link to the board: https://www.sponsorchat.com

Detailed description of the tasks: I want a programmer to alter the code so I can send mas emails by various parameters, for example I can send to anyone who has not posted in X number of days, has posts greater or less than X number of posts, send emails by registration date over or under a certain date....

Peace

Dave
kamaleon

Re: need a programmer to alter the code

Post by kamaleon »

This is a very interesting extension, I am also interested.

Check this extension too

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... extension/

Maybe Mark (the digests extension dev) could develop the extension you mention, I will reach out to him and ask him.
This is a test signature. I hope you love it :D
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Are you looking to have digest features that do this or to extend the mass email feature to do these things? With a digest the assumption is that everyone chooses to subscribe to a digest. With mass emails, only text is sent and only what the administrator chooses to type into the mass email form.

There are lots of requirements that would have to be thought through to do something like this:

- What kind of digest would they get? Daily, weekly or monthly? HTML or plain?
- What hour would they be sent? Pick a random hour? Or allow the admin to set all of these digests to go out for a particular hour?
- Which forums? All, or a select number of forums for all that the admin sets?
- Include post text or just provide a list of topics, or topics and posts with links?

I suspect a mass email would be easier to implement as there are a number of events that could be hooked into.

Would this be built just for you or are you willing to sponsor these changes to be included in a public extension?

I don't think any of this is likely to be inexpensive, but it depends on the requirements.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

kamaleon wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:15 pmThis is a very interesting extension, I am also interested.
You’d better negotiate with the OP as he’s offering to pay for this.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

kamaleon wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:15 pm This is a very interesting extension, I am also interested.

Check this extension too

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... extension/

Maybe Mark (the digests extension dev) could develop the extension you mention, I will reach out to him and ask him.
That looks a nice extension but not what I want to do, here is what I want.

Detailed description of the tasks: I want a programmer to alter the code so I can send mas emails by various parameters, for example I can send to anyone who has not posted in X number of days, has posts greater or less than X number of posts, send emails by registration date over or under a certain date....

Peace
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

Conceptually, this doesn't look too difficult. Mass email already has the ability to send email to groups including predefined groups and groups that you create. The program that does the work is /includes/acp/acp_email.php.

On the simpler side, there could be an interface that allows an admin to repopulate a group, such as "No posts in last two weeks group" through an ACP interface. Then the mass email function could be used as is with the new group just showing up.

On the more complex side, is to provide an interface in the mass email program itself to set the criteria. These events are available:

Code: Select all

core.acp_email_modify_sql - Modify sql query to change the list of users the email is sent to
core.acp_email_send_before - Modify email template data before the emails are sent
core.acp_email_display - Modify custom email template data before we display the form
The more time, the more the cost. If there are two of you interested in this, perhaps you could share development costs.
Need phpBB services or a phpBB consultant? I offer most phpBB services. Getting lost managing phpBB? Buy my book, Mastering phpBB Administration. Covers through phpBB 3.3.7. eBook and paper versions available.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

BTW, if you are familiar with SQL you can use phpMyAdmin or a similar tool to create a group on the fly that meet your criteria. Obviously, it's dangerous to do the SQL on the back end.

First, disable the board.

Next, back up the phpbb_users and phpbb_user_group tables just in case you screw up.

Next, create the group in the ACP if it doesn't already exist, with a name of your choice. Determine its group_id. (Hovering over the members link will reveal, it, ex: &g=8). In the following SQL I will assume the group_id is 8.

If there is anyone in the group, delete them. This can be done in the ACP or using SQL, ex:

DELETE FROM phpbb_user_group where group_id = 8;
Next populate the group using the criteria. For example, to populate the group with members who haven't posted in at least two weeks:

INSERT INTO phpbb_user_group
SELECT 8, user_id, 0, 0 FROM phpbb_users WHERE user_lastpost_time < UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - (14 * 24 * 60 * 60) AND user_type IN (0, 3);
(Note: if you want to include inactive users, the SQL should be user_type IN (0, 1, 3).

Reenable the board

Lastly, use the mass email function, selecting the group name you created.

Obviously an extension will make this much simpler and less error prone. The extension would basically insert the right SQL into the correct event and change the user interface to accept the criteria wanted.
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

I created an extension. No charge but you might want to tip me when all the kinks are worked out. It wasn't complicated to do. See this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2511356
kamaleon

Post by kamaleon »

I knew you were THE guy for this :)
This is a test signature. I hope you love it :D
MarkDHamill

Post by MarkDHamill »

The inactive option is incorrect. Working on a new version. Follow the topic for that topic.

Return to “Wanted!”