Title/Job Description:Continue PHPBB3 project
Target audience: (e.g. professionals, hobbyists, students)Anyone competent who can fulfil the tasks
Reward: (e. g. money, backlinks, fame)Money
Deadline:Within a month
Preferred contact method: (e.g. PM, e-mail)PM, then e-mail once given
Link to the board:Because with current setup I am limited with daily geolocation allocations, I will give link to board if interest is genuinely expressed. For security reasons, I will pass the changed files (from 3.2.5) to the developer. They would in turn send me back the changed files for me to try out.
Detailed description of the tasks:
Continuing on from a previous developer who wasn't familiar with PHPBB and therefore violated the rules of extensions, the following is required:
- Overall, make changes such that official upgrades to the forum do not overwrite the customisations.
- The registration has been altered to give more options to select over default form - these selections need storing to database (tables have already been set up) upon Submit. Code needs to be written to do this.
- New forums if they don't exist already should be created based on the registration information supplied and after the user has successfully registered.
- Based on the information given in the registration process, different posting permissions need to be set based on the user selections (I can go through the permutations when it is needed).
- User should be able to modify the additional options they see in registration process after they've registered.
- Additional registration choices should be read from database table (already created on my host).
- Testing a must.