Autoban and Dedect Spammer

For users who wish to pay for specific services from other members.
NOTE: The phpBB team has no responsibility in these services whatsoever. Usage is at your own risk!
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations
READ: Wanted's Forum Rules

NOTE: All contracts and services provided through this forum are at your own responsibility.
The phpBB Teams will NOT deal with disputes resulting from interactions through this forum.
enter a valid email

Re: Autoban and Dedect Spammer

Post by enter a valid email »

sry for the Double Post there are different Spam Types going on:
1) Like I did the put a Link in the Signature. It seem there is no "no follow" (as default?!):

Code: Select all

<a href="https://publictransportforum.at" class="postlink">https://publictransportforum.at</a>
2) The post 10 Random Answers to any Post who often got old so the hope the post not get discovered soon.
After that the start with Spamming.

3) In my Case some People use the feature to put an Link the Personal Profile to put Ads there.
Tarantino

Post by Tarantino »

Take s look at sitesplat BBprospective:
is an extension that makes it easier to host better forum conversations. The extension uses machine learning models to score the perceived impact a comment might have on a post. Discussing things you care about can be difficult. The threat of abuse and harassment online means that many people stop expressing themselves and give up on seeking different opinion.
This tool is meant to provide a safe language forum-wise.

Hope it can help you, since it seems what you need. About the bot protection you have already many options as others said. I don't use QA since it's hard for many people and I have data that prove to me that it causes friction to registration. People abandoned to register even. So I am using now askimet extension + antispam ext + recaptcha from Google + DEA emails ext. And with this, Ive a clean forum with 0 bots or stupid users.

Kudos
enter a valid email

A German Talk about Fake Facebook Likes. So the are just Links how about them to solve Question for Bots?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmXACRrzLMA

So I am still aware of them. There are a lot of Forum who someone/ something register. Ask a Question for example:
"Maria Müller": Hey how to push my Homepage to get more Views?
5 Minutes Later:
"Hermann Steiner": Dont worry just Klick on ***********.com to push your Site to get the Number 1#!

:roll: ... Well 2 Accounts with just one Post there Spam. So one of the Rule could be:
If Original Poster have an Post Count of <10 Post and when the Replay is <X(Min, Hour, Day) and the Poster have <10 Posts the hole Post (both) get Invisible and is marked as Potential Spam.

So a rule could look like this. I guess there is not that much CPU Power needed for such a simple task.
enter a valid email

LOL!
I found here an Post (reported as spam!) who that happen what I sayed before!
Someone posted some legitimated think and the Post was Edited MONTH after someone was posted a replay and it was (until I found them) unrecognised!
david63

Post by david63 »

enter a valid email wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:40 am he Post was Edited MONTH after someone was posted a replay
That is down to your board settings/permissions. Set them correctly and that will not happen.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
enter a valid email

Again it happen here and nobody discovered it here... Well I to People edit some Posts back then.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

enter a valid email wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:11 pm Again it happen here and nobody discovered it here... Well I to People edit some Posts back then.
🤨 So? We have a team that takes care of that because time-locking editing of posts is not something we can do to allow daily operations to take place on our site. Do you have such a team on your forum? Everyone else? No? Then, as already suggested, you and any other forum owners can just enable the "Limit editing time" option for posts. "Auto-banning" and detecting spammers will have some un-wanted results and consequences since it's not fool-proof and is prone to false-positives as has been seen time and again with spamhaus extension integrations.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
enter a valid email

Well I if the Software, Engine,.. Support it I would make my own Rules to hide a Post when some suspicious activity happen. Like someone post Chinese, Arabic, Thai, Vietnamese, Russian... letters...
There are 1000x ways to detect someone who is try to spam. I would say sky is the Limit!
It only depend on the Software, Script, Framework,... I mention before to hack some good Rules in to catch the most Bots.

Sure if a User from the Country above hack some of there Letters in the Post will be "hidden" Until someone Unlock ist.
My current reality is I will overview the first 10 Post of each new User.
Do you think this is more Admin Friendly?

When I make my Homepage I will have an Tread for each Railway Station in Austria. When I parse the "Open Data" right we have more than 1000 Railway Station here in our small Country. So be prepared for a lot of Treads..
david63

Post by david63 »

enter a valid email wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:48 pm My current reality is I will overview the first 10 Post of each new User.
Do you think this is more Admin Friendly?
Most definitely not - that will drive new members away. You can usually tell within the first one or two posts if somebody is a spammer
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
enter a valid email

Not realy. Sorry I dont know how it is in other Language Areas here some Post from new User are:
"Good Information Thanks"
"It really helps me!"
"Oh I didn't noticed it!"

So are that Spam Accounts wo run wild in the Future?
Are that "sleeping Accounts"?
Does the "just" register to scrap Data?
How should I noticed it?

I know some Forum owner who gave up and delete the Forum and other who run insane and restrict everything who make no fun any more to be there.
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

If that are there first post, yes the are spammers.

But you can al block them with a good Q&A captcha or the sortable captcha.
Don't understand why you don't use these very simple reliable tools instead of building a very complicated tool which is not very reliable.
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I suggest you stop worrying so much about things that have not and probably will not happen.

you have been working on this board for close to 4 years now and there are still no posts and only 4 members.

get busy and post content, figure out how to get members etc.

what is the point of all of this if you never get it started?

robert
Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

I am pleased to announce that I have completed the first item on my bucket list. I have the bucket.
enter a valid email

Well currently I wait for Joomla 4.0 to start with the Homepage.
Sadly there are 1000 Problems with who I dont get a usefull replay.
For example I have +1000 Railway Station Information from 2018 I will use them but I want have all Information in one File for a Quick edit. I dont care what Format if Json, XML, yes even a CSV i dont care.
I know it theoretically work but not in Practise...
janus_zonstraal

Post by janus_zonstraal »

For example I have +1000 Railway Station Information from 2018
In what format the are now?
Sorry! My English is bat ;) !!!
enter a valid email

Json and no I cant use then "out of the Box" because some Inforamtion are Outdated and need to be removed.
The same for Railway Station who are closed down. There are some missing from the "Private"/ Local Railway Company's.

One of my main Problem is I have a Ton of Open Data who need to be "processed" and cleaned and Equalised before I can use them. I also dont know a Script Language.
At Home I have to change an old Room in the Basement get my new Home "Office" and I want start make Short Clips and Pictures for the Homepage. Sadly a TON of Work who I am basicly alone with.
I dont know from how many German Speaking Railway Forum I got banned for saying the truth what Hardcore (and maybe Former) State Owned Railway Fanatics dont want to hear.
On the other Side more and more Spam Sites Grow like Mushrooms out of the Earth who are Build around the Affiliate Links from the German Railway (DB = Deutsche Bahn) and the People Claim that everyone should buy Tickets only from there...
My Health is not going better so... I wantet that my Project is finish 10 Years ago but as a One Man show what should I do...

Return to “Wanted!”