Let users register with privileges and permissions restricted within certain categories and forums in phpBB 3.3

For users who wish to pay for specific services from other members.
NOTE: The phpBB team has no responsibility in these services whatsoever. Usage is at your own risk!
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations
READ: Wanted's Forum Rules

NOTE: All contracts and services provided through this forum are at your own responsibility.
The phpBB Teams will NOT deal with disputes resulting from interactions through this forum.
odf

Let users register with privileges and permissions restricted within certain categories and forums in phpBB 3.3

Post by odf »

Title/Job Description:

Need an extension that enables users belonging to different schools and classrooms to register and automatically be added to the respective categories and forums without assigning these permissions and restrictions manually.

Target audience: professionals, hobbyists, students, any

Reward: money

Deadline: As soon as possible.

Preferred contact method: PM

Link to the board:

https://www.tssfl.com/

Detailed description of the tasks:

Here is the problem that I think it is programmatically interesting:

I want to use phpBB as virtual classrooms (e-Learning/Online learning platform). Assume I have several schools, so I create categories named School 1, School 2, School 3, etc. Suppose further each school/category has several forums, let us call these classrooms. I would like special users (students and staff members belonging to different schools/universities/colleges) to only asses categories and classrooms that they belong to in an existing forum which also has many other categories and forums where generally registered users and guests have varying accessibility levels depending on the permission set. If a person (special user) is from School X registers and starts to interact with the forum contents under his/her category, he/she should not even notice whether School Y exists but should be able to see other general categories/forums.

The crucial part is to enable these users that I want to belong to different schools/categories and classrooms/forums to register and automatically be added to the respective categories and forums without assigning these permissions and restrictions manually.

In addition to that, or in summary:

- Under the category/school, each student is allowed to access certain forums/classrooms upon registering, and he/she should be linked and restricted to only access those categories, forums, and related subforums.

- A student/staff member can belong to different schools.

- It should be easy to deregister/remove all the registered members from a category/classroom with just one click.

- It should be convenient to assign students/staff to different categories/classrooms after they have registered if needed.

Thank you.

odf

Return to “Wanted!”