Troubleshooting and Hand-holding (paid one-time gig)

For users who wish to pay for specific services from other members.
NOTE: The phpBB team has no responsibility in these services whatsoever. Usage is at your own risk!
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations
READ: Wanted's Forum Rules

NOTE: All contracts and services provided through this forum are at your own responsibility.
The phpBB Teams will NOT deal with disputes resulting from interactions through this forum.
EllieW

Troubleshooting and Hand-holding (paid one-time gig)

Post by EllieW »

Title/Job Description: Someone to troubleshoot a couple problems and explain the fixes to me.

Target Audience: Someone familiar with web hosting as well as phpBB. Someone who can show me some examples (on this board or elsewhere) of themselves providing successful fixes with clear explanations.

Reward: The members have raised $300 to (hopefully) cover enough freelance hours for what we need.

Deadline: ASAP

Preferred contact method: (e.g. PM, e-mail) PM

Link to the board: www.grylliade.org

Detailed description of the tasks:
This is a small forum that was set up by a member who no longer posts there. I'm in charge now and I'm still a beginner with phpBB and website backend.

Our highest priority is troubleshooting whatever is suddenly blowing through our bandwidth and causing massive data overage charges.

Second, we need an SSL certificate.

Finally, the members have requested a couple fixes to things that broke with our last phpBB update, like YouTube embeds and Tapatalk compatibility.

With every step, I need someone who can also explain what they're doing and why. This forum has been running in various iterations for over 15 years and I need to learn the skills to keep it chugging along.
EllieW

Re: Troubleshooting and Hand-holding (paid one-time gig)

Post by EllieW »

Locking for the moment, I've had a couple responses and want to talk with them.

Return to “Wanted!”