Modification of includes/functions_posting.php

For users who wish to pay for specific services from other members.
NOTE: The phpBB team has no responsibility in these services whatsoever. Usage is at your own risk!
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations
READ: Wanted's Forum Rules

NOTE: All contracts and services provided through this forum are at your own responsibility.
The phpBB Teams will NOT deal with disputes resulting from interactions through this forum.
teebling

Modification of includes/functions_posting.php

Post by teebling »

Title/Job Description: Modification of includes/functions_posting.php

Reward: (e. g. money, backlinks, fame) 50 EUR/USD negotiable, payable by PayPal or Revolut.

Deadline: In one week's time from commission

Preferred contact method: (e.g. PM, e-mail) Private Message

Detailed description of the tasks:

Environment: Fresh phpBB 3.3 installation with LMDI Autolinks extension installed. Can be on your localhost testing environment, doesn't have to be on my server, so long as you can prove it works.

It's quite simple really - whenever a new topic is made/posted I want an autolink rule (see extension) to automatically be created for that topic in the phpbb_autolinks table.

The modification would require no work to be done on the ACP or any frontend stuff, it would be purely a backend FIND and REPLACE kind of affair to get the functionality I want working.

For example, I create a topic called 'This is my topic' in the forum 'Discussion' which ends up having the topic ID of 34 (or whatever that comes out as):

When phpBB writes to the database tables, I also want it to write a new row into the phpbb_autolinks table like this (note that the URL is a bit different to the typical phpBB URLs because I'm using an SEO url extension):

Code: Select all

[al_id]                     [al_word]                  [al_url]
23 (or whatever)          This is my topic        https://mydomain.com/discussion/this-is-my-topic-t34.html         

To help you get the rewritten URL value, note that there is an additional column in my database's phpbb_topics table called topic_url which, for this topic for example, reads discussion/this-is-my-topic-t, so all that needs to be done on top of that is to prepend the server name (https://mydomain.com/) and append the topic ID (34) + '.html'.

Please let me know via PM if you're interested in doing this - if you think you'd want more money for it then let me know. I can pay the full amount upfront.

Last note - I believe includes/functions_posting.php is where the SQL inserts etc. would go - so it would just be a matter of writing some new INSERT statements. Pretty sure this is quite easily achievable.

Return to “Wanted!”