portuguese of Portugal language

Having a question about translating phpBB3? Want to discuss and collaborate with people currently translating phpBB3? Here would be the correct place to do so.
Scam Warning
User avatar
Pavlov
Translator
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:23 am
Location: Portugal (Porto)
Name: Jorge Barros
Contact:

portuguese of Portugal language

Post by Pavlov »

As there wasnt any available at the time (neither now) I decided to create my own language pack

I asked some friends for help, by hearing their opinions, and created a test forum:
http://www.milhafre.info/rcforum

In 2009/01/21 this language pack was installed in the following foruns:
http://care4wheels.com/forum/
http://www.milhafre.info/forum

I would like to share this work with the phpbb comunity
I think this is the right place to do it

That said, I would like to have my language pack accepted.

Thank you
Last edited by Pavlov on Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 5543
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Davis, California
Name: Darcie Griffin
Contact:

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by darcie »

As stated in the Announcement at the top of this forum List of current translators / how to become one, the correct procedure to become a language maintainer is to fill out the application form.
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader
User avatar
Pavlov
Translator
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:23 am
Location: Portugal (Porto)
Name: Jorge Barros
Contact:

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by Pavlov »

I read and understood how to become a language maintainer.

But the application form doesn’t work because it already exists a language maintainer for portuguese of Portugal

The announcement says I should contact the portuguese language maintainer to see if it would be possible to co-operate on the translation since we do not allow duplicate entries on our downloads page.

Well the portuguese language maintainer doesn’t refresh is work since Aug 24, 2008.
At this moment there isn’t any portuguese language pack for the 3.0.4 version

The portuguese of Portugal language pack offered by the phpbb.com community has mistakes and it is a bad copy of the portuguese of brazil pack

That said, why do I have to offer my cooperation and my work to the portuguese language maintainer?

Why isn’t it possible for my work to be evaluated, and if good be offered to the phpBB community?

I agree that it shouldn’t exist duplicate entries.

However, at this moment, the phpbb.com doesn’t have any, because what exists is a portuguese of Brazil pack with the name of portuguese of Portugal and it isn’t for the phpbb 3.0.4
User avatar
darcie
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 5543
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Davis, California
Name: Darcie Griffin
Contact:

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by darcie »

I would suggest contacting the author listed, asturmas, rather than the maintainer, as this seems to be the more active member of the translation. I see that they were working on the update to 3.0.3, but, as you mentioned, it has yet to be uploaded here.

The language releases are not meant to be a competition or subject to voting. This is a community, and the language packs are a result of volunteer cooperation among community members. There are already members assigned to your language. If they are having problems completing the translation, they may be quite happy to have your input or have it reassigned to you. I am not aware of their situation. But posting here will not get you the assignment. In fact, the rules regarding translations suggest that you will not be assigned to a language if you do so.

The community as a whole certainly values the effort you have put into your translation. But the correct avenues must be followed if you would like to release it on this site. I hope you understand. :)
phpBB on Facebook | Site Rules | Former Community Team leader
sergiomiranda
Registered User
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by sergiomiranda »

Let me just say i agree with the poster in that the current portuguese translation is a very crude one, especially in the UCP, MCP and other areas not the index, forums and topics. The ACP is't that good either.

I'll surely test this pack on my board, and if it is better than the official one, i'll use it!
Formerly known as DarkAngelPT
ReDaLeRt_PT
Registered User
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:05 am

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by ReDaLeRt_PT »

I manage 2 forums on internet (care4wheels.com and neverlandforum.com). Both using phpBB and this PT_pt translation. No doubt about which is better, just use it and see by yourself.

Please, take this translation to the official PT_pt one. It's a shame not doing that.


[[]]
User avatar
casper™
Registered User
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:01 am
Location: Porto/Portugal

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by casper™ »

DarkAngelPT wrote:Let me just say i agree with the poster in that the current portuguese translation is a very crude one, especially in the UCP, MCP and other areas not the index, forums and topics. The ACP is't that good either.

I'll surely test this pack on my board, and if it is better than the official one, i'll use it!
totally agree with you.. Asturmas vs has a lot of errors where do you point..

sure i'm gonna change if this vs is better (and is not so difficult like that) than the official vs..

regards..
asturmas
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:05 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by asturmas »

Hello
I can get to the translation coordinator (because the current was all done by me), but is the result alone does not have time ..
Errors in translation? Yes it is true .. whom was a Portuguese began to live in Holland ..

Thanks,
User avatar
casper™
Registered User
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:01 am
Location: Porto/Portugal

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by casper™ »

asturmas wrote:Hello
I can get to the translation coordinator (because the current was all done by me), but is the result alone does not have time ..
Errors in translation? Yes it is true .. whom was a Portuguese began to live in Holland ..

Thanks,
hello asturmas, thanks for your explanation here.. ;)

so about the subject, i'm think the phpBB staff must take a look on this new translations version by Pavlov..

kind regards..

Edit: last update from the offical package portuguese language:
Last Updated:
» 24 Aug 2008, 07:25
there are yet other packs languages released in 2009!!..

Edit2: nothing against translator asturmas, i knew him and i'm an user from his forum and his a very cool person, but if we portugueses can have a better translation in our forums why not, right??
User avatar
JoaoVr
Registered User
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:43 pm

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by JoaoVr »

I hope we can "fix" this situation by getting a new maintainer ;)
asturmas
Registered User
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:05 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by asturmas »

casper™ wrote:
asturmas wrote:Hello
I can get to the translation coordinator (because the current was all done by me), but is the result alone does not have time ..
Errors in translation? Yes it is true .. whom was a Portuguese began to live in Holland ..

Thanks,
hello asturmas, thanks for your explanation here.. ;)

so about the subject, i'm think the phpBB staff must take a look on this new translations version by Pavlov..

kind regards..

Edit: last update from the offical package portuguese language:
Last Updated:
» 24 Aug 2008, 07:25
there are yet other packs languages released in 2009!!..

Edit2: nothing against translator asturmas, i knew him and i'm an user from his forum and his a very cool person, but if we portugueses can have a better translation in our forums why not, right??
I have a translate to 3.0.3 this year but i not update because had to do the first translation of 3.0.4

I can be a maintainer
User avatar
Andre Távora
Registered User
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:03 pm
Location: Brazil
Name: Andre Távora
Contact:

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by Andre Távora »

asturmas, if you need, i can give you some help on updating your package to phpBB 3.0.4.
I have a phpBB translation into Brazilian Portuguese to 3.0.4 version, so i can help you if you are interested.
Oh.. these situations of translations into Portuguese (either Portugual and Brazil) are difficult, as seen the packs aren't updated for long months, still in the phpBB 3.0.2. I requested to be the new maintainer for Portuguese (Brasil) these times, but nothing yet. But I hope it will be solved as soon as possible. Just concluding, if you need any help, i am here. Good luck within your project.
Andre TávoraInternational Support Teams
Suporte phpBB - International phpBB Brazilian Support Team
User avatar
casper™
Registered User
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:01 am
Location: Porto/Portugal

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by casper™ »

asturmas wrote: I have a translate to 3.0.3 this year but i not update because had to do the first translation of 3.0.4

I can be a maintainer
if you say so thats cool asturmas, only i'm saying if it has one translation pack already finished, cleaned with no errors and updated, and if you havent no time to update the last version, why the phpBB team dont takes this version right now??.. :roll:

at mine forum i needed to ask for help in a brasilian php forum to update my language pack, now i've PT/BR and PT/PT together at my forum.. :x

but this is not my fight, and good luck for the next update and takes the help that Andre Távora gaves to you.. :)

kind regards..
User avatar
JoaoVr
Registered User
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:43 pm

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by JoaoVr »

Hi,

Is there anything new about this subject? I hope we can fix this situation quickly!

Thank you.
User avatar
Andre Távora
Registered User
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:03 pm
Location: Brazil
Name: Andre Távora
Contact:

Re: portuguese of Portugal language

Post by Andre Távora »

JoaoVR wrote:Hi,

Is there anything new about this subject? I hope we can fix this situation quickly!

Thank you.
JoaoVR, yeah, it could be solved quickly. However, it depends only by the phpBB Group, wich will rate our projects and make it available for download or not at this website. Be patient.
:lol: I've made my request for about 1 month without no answers.. But it is normal, even because phpBB Group has to choose carefully the contents available to download here.

asturmas, if you need my help, please, contact me by PM.
Good luck.
Andre TávoraInternational Support Teams
Suporte phpBB - International phpBB Brazilian Support Team
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Translations”