Norwegian translation and styles, anyone?

Having a question about translating phpBB3? Want to discuss and collaborate with people currently translating phpBB3? Here would be the correct place to do so.
Get Involved
andresvendedor

Re: Norwegian translation and styles, anyone?

Post by andresvendedor »

I would like to help out if anybody is working with the norwegian translation at the moment :geek:

Best regards

Andres
sammy95

Post by sammy95 »

Does anyone work on a Norwegian translation ????

Did anyone start on this at all..?
What has been done so far..?

If it is too much work for one person,
why not join together and translate a few files each.

I am willing to join such a group.. Anyone else..

Sammy :)
fox-body
Name: Morten

Post by fox-body »

Please read previous posts in this topic. As baxon has written there has been created a github project and there is possible to join and contribute and you can also see the status of the translation.
sammy95

Post by sammy95 »

Ok.. I've never been at, and not used to github,
but I know it's boring to translate a bunch of files all by yourselves...

From what It looked like, You're the only translator contributing there, or am I wrong..?

I found the files that already have been translated,
but what files are being worked on right now, and by whom ??

How do I register?
Do I have to create an account first?

Did any of You try to contact any of the other posters
that said they would contribute in this (Yes I know it was way back early in 2010 ;-) ).. ?

And why do I write all this in English, when I should have been writing Norwegian.. ? ;-)

Sammy :-)
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

sammy95 wrote:And why do I write all this in English, when I should have been writing Norwegian.. ? ;-)
Because this is an English speaking board. See rule 1f
Have you hugged someone today?
sammy95

Post by sammy95 »

D¡cky wrote:
sammy95 wrote:And why do I write all this in English, when I should have been writing Norwegian.. ? ;-)
Because this is an English speaking board. See rule 1f
Sure D¡cky
Have no problem with that.. :lol:
But instead I should have been translating from English to Norwegian....

Sammy :)
fox-body
Name: Morten

Post by fox-body »

Well, I have to admit that github also is new to me. I think you have to register and install the sw. Then we can give you rights to the project. I am working with the file with the message "In progress" and are updating when I do changes. I think if github is used the right way, everyone contributing can mark the file they are working with like I do.

I have found that Notepad++ seems to be the best editor to use. If anyone wants to contribute and don’t want to use time on github, just pick a file and let me know and I can put the file on github and comment it so others can see what is happening. Then send me the file from time to time and I can update github.

Another tip is to compare with the Danish translation, which can help to improve the quality.
ingeva

Post by ingeva »

fox-body wrote:Well, I have to admit that github also is new to me. I think you have to register and install the sw. Then we can give you rights to the project. I am working with the file with the message "In progress" and are updating when I do changes. I think if github is used the right way, everyone contributing can mark the file they are working with like I do.
This seems quite sensible.
As you can see I'm a new user here, but I'm not a "new" user per se; it's just that I haven't posted here before.

I'm running 3 different phpBB forums now, and am about to set up another. I have updated and corrected the Norwegian package from 3.0.8 which I think I found at phpbb.no. Don't remember; it's a long time ago.

phpbb.no is a rotten forum now, ruined by spammers, and I've offered my help without getting a response to that until now. The owner offers to sell the domain for a high price, which of course no one will be interested in because it's a non-profit project.

I would like to cooperate on the project. I don't know github, but it seems to be a sensible way of doing it so we wont need to do things over and over. What about testing and verification? Advice? It's not always easy to find where a mod should be made, although in some cases it doesn't really matter unless you want to have things in good order.

The Norwegian package should be available at phpbb.com . It's really embarrassing that it can't be found here.

I would like to check out phpBB 4.x for my next forum, which is under planning now. Has it come to an alfa or beta version?

I can be reached by PM or email.
inge
Admin for phpbb.no
The key to success: Linux Mint
ingeva

Post by ingeva »

fox-body wrote:Well, I have to admit that github also is new to me. I think you have to register and install the sw.
I haven't had time to look at it yet, but if you have to install software I'm skeptical, because that would probably mean that you'd have to use Windows, and frankly I'm not very enthusiastic about that.

The editor I'm using most today is Geany, and I tried bluefish which seemed to be quite attractive but it can't handle utf-8 properly so in practice it's unusable.

I'll take a better look at github anyway as soon as I have time. I have never used version control software since I'be been working on my own and haven't seen the need for it. Another blanket to bleach I guess. :)
inge
Admin for phpbb.no
Qiaeru
Former Team Member

Post by Qiaeru »

Softwares for Git are available.for Windows, Mac OS and Linux, so the OS is not a.compatibily problem ;) .
ingeva

Post by ingeva »

Maël Soucaze wrote:Softwares for Git are available.for Windows, Mac OS and Linux, so the OS is not a.compatibily problem ;) .
OK, thanks!
I'm looking into it now, but there seems to be a lot to learn! :)
inge
Admin for phpbb.no
Frode789

Post by Frode789 »

I would love to see a norwegian pack for phpbb. Sadly the last pack I could get a hold of with NO was 3.0.7 :\
ingeva

Post by ingeva »

Frode789 wrote:I would love to see a norwegian pack for phpbb. Sadly the last pack I could get a hold of with NO was 3.0.7 :\
You can download my 3.0.10 pack from here:

http://pinyl.net/phpBB_Norske_filer_3.0.10.zip
Unzip and copy the directories into their appropriate places.

The package may not be completely finished, but I don't know what, if anything, is missing.
I'm currently working on an update manager which will allow us to quickly identify missing items.
Also, I'll have deprecated definitions removed.
However, this is not "full speed" since I also have more pressing work.
You may be able to find more information about this at http://phpbb.no, which has been a little inactive lately, but I've done a little housecleaning there, so I hope that will improve.

Of course, when I'm confident that the package is 100% OK, I'll have it approved, and make it official.

Edit:
This pack only includes the standard styles, prosilver and subsilver2.
inge
Admin for phpbb.no
Qiaeru
Former Team Member

Post by Qiaeru »

I'm not going to lock this topic or censor your previous post, but do not release or link your external language pack in this forum, please see our rule 8a.

fox-body and joddn seems interested to release a Norwegian translation, just like you. Try to make contact with them and work collaboratively to release a great Norwegian translation available officially! ;)

Best regards,
ingeva

Post by ingeva »

Maël Soucaze wrote:I'm not going to lock this topic or censor your previous post, but do not release or link your external language pack in this forum, please see our rule 8a.
Best regards,
OK, I see. Thank you for understanding.
inge
Admin for phpbb.no

Return to “[3.0.x] Translations”