About Other Languages

Having a question about translating phpBB3? Want to discuss and collaborate with people currently translating phpBB3? Here would be the correct place to do so.
Ideas Centre
Khamosh-Saya
Name: Jamshed Ansari

About Other Languages

Post by Khamosh-Saya »

i install 2 extra Langauges on my board
Arabic
Urdu

when i m changing langauge from User Control panel and coming back to Board Index half langauge is english and half in Arabic Same Half English and Half Urdu
Why?
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Re: About Other Languages

Post by D¡cky »

Which half is English?

Changing the board language does not change the post content or forum titles and descriptions. Those will always remain in the language they were originally written with.

If you have MODs on the board, you may need to get language files for those MODs if available or you could write your own language files.
Have you hugged someone today?
Khamosh-Saya
Name: Jamshed Ansari

Post by Khamosh-Saya »

so there is no way to use diffrent langauge same time mean complete Translated language
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

If you are referring to translating forum titles & descrtiptions, topic titles and post text, phpBB cannot do that. You could add a translation tool to your website. Bing/Microsoft and Google have one and there are some others ones available.

Search Results
Add Language Translation to your Website Tutorial
Have you hugged someone today?
DrAcid
Translator

Post by DrAcid »

Hey guys! I was wondering... with phpBB being OpenSource and all... Why wouldn't You use GNU Gettext engine for translating interface strings? Are there any technical difficulties?

Return to “[3.0.x] Translations”