Russian [RU] Translation

Having a question about translating phpBB3? Want to discuss and collaborate with people currently translating phpBB3? Here would be the correct place to do so.
Scam Warning
Xpert
Translator

Re: Russian [RU] Translation

Post by Xpert »

Civilus wrote:so I think it is useful for other people if translation appears in several hours, not in several days after release
If you know nothing, do not say anything. Translation is avaliable in several hours at official Russian site, but it appers at phpbb.com only after validation (about 48 hours).
Civilus

Post by Civilus »

If you know nothing, do not say anything. Translation is avaliable in several hours at official Russian site, but it appers at phpbb.com only after validation
rev260 was your first revision that it full RC5 translation (but it still have one bug). It was released at 05:54. Mine version was published at 03:44. And not everybody know how to use SVN.
And why can't I publish my fixes to your translation? Your translation is under GPL v2 - so nobody can forbid me to made fixes to it. Yeah, I know that my fixes isn't perfect, but it is better then nothing.

P.S. If anybody want to discuss it please contact me either by ICQ or by Jabber.
‘Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’
George Orwell ‘1984’
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu »

If you've found errors in translation, you may report it to the russian transtalors' site - anderson.phpbbguru.net, and we''ll try to fix it.
In other hand, nobody can stop you from developing of your own unofficial translation for yourself or for anybody else who cares.
The style of translation is up to official maintainer and translators team, and you've nothing to do about it.

Thanks for your understanding.
WWay

Post by WWay »

For example a lot of translations to Portuguese Brasil was denied because it was unofficial.
Miles Cellar
Former Team Member

Post by Miles Cellar »

WWay wrote:For example a lot of translations to Portuguese Brasil was denied because it was unofficial.
Was not denied, but if the multiple translations are similar or if there are only some sentences/words which change, why have several translations which are "similar"? The unofficial translators should join the official translators or work in collaboration in this case, no?
WWay

Post by WWay »

We have to discuss any variant with arguments. You can do it on official Russian side - just register there and post your notes.

Personally I making the localised buttons and write local words combination for search machine.

---
There need to undarstand - if you want to get perfect translation, you can wait some days untill official relise (and approving). Or you can download unofficial version, but please don't post it on official community.
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Post by rxu »

That's interesting, but I don't think we should discuss such a common things in this topic. May be another place?
Sorry.

Return to “[3.0.x] Translations”