phpBB 3 Swedish (Svenska) (SV) Translation

Having a question about translating phpBB3? Want to discuss and collaborate with people currently translating phpBB3? Here would be the correct place to do so.
Suggested Hosts
Explore

phpBB 3 Swedish (Svenska) (SV) Translation

Post by Explore » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:14 pm

Hello. I will take the job to translate phpBB 3.0 when it is ready to Swedish (Svenska).

If anyone could give me directions and instructions on how I could translate everything, then I would be happy to know it.

I have also sent a PM and asked if I can do it, just waiting an answer.

EDIT: It seem to be a translator already.
Last edited by Explore on Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Explore

John Hjorth

Re: phpBB 3 Swedish (Svenska) (SE) Translation

Post by John Hjorth » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:50 pm

There is already a Swedish language package maintainer for phpBB 3.0 named Kail. You should contact him. Furthermore, I can inform you that there is set up a translation group at the unofficicial Swedish support site. I am also aware of that the user in here named Virtuality is working on the Swedish translation of phpBB 3.0. I do not know if Virtuality's translation project is going to end up as the official language package, but I think both Kail and Virtuality can answer that question. You should start contacting Kail, I think.
Last edited by John Hjorth on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Hjorth • Official Danish phpBB language package maintainer and translator
The Danish Olympus & Ascreaus translation projectDanish phpBB support site

SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:44 pm

Also, the language code for Swedish is sv, se is the country code for Sweden. Quite a difference.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信

Explore

Post by Explore » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:25 pm

Alright, that guy could have made a topic about it, and not in an external URL on the web, how could I have known that?

Alrighties, could be nice with a new translator this time perhabs, but it is your choice.
Explore

John Hjorth

Re: phpBB 3 Swedish (Svenska) (SV) Translation

Post by John Hjorth » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:36 pm

Explore,

What do you mean by that? Kail is already listed in language package download section.

Furthermore, please read : http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=525438 . My redirection to you was a suggestion to try to start on some collaboration, not anything else. ;)

Explore

Post by Explore » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:30 am

John Hjorth wrote: Explore,

What do you mean by that? Kail is already listed in language package download section.

Furthermore, please read : http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=525438 . My redirection to you was a suggestion to try to start on some collaboration, not anything else. ;)

Alright. I get your point. :)
Explore

Virtuality
QA Team

Post by Virtuality » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi!

I'm aware that I should have posted something in this forum a while ago but I have been stalling and not been wanting to for a few reasons. I've been translating phpBB since way back (though I didn't originally translate the entire phpBB2, I made some major overhauls and were the official language maintainer for a good while).

I've gotten pretty far with the phpBB3 translation, there's a (somewhat) up-to-date Progress Report at http://phpbb3se.carlssonplanet.com (which also uses a somwhat up-to-date version of the translation for you to test).

The /acp is still unfinished but seeing as there's a long way to Gold, I have every confidence that I will finish it in time.

I will not be releasing the translation prematurely, this is because I want consistency and I must feel I can stand for what I have done, and don't want someone to download an unfinished translation and finish it from there, or just use it without the acp translated and after that I make some major changes that he or she misses, etc.

Why would it be nice with a new translator by the way? :D
Of course everyone is free to make their own translations, and I doubt my translation will be made the official one this time since Kail has taken over the status as "maintainer" since he's in charge of phpbb-se.com. I'm a member of the Translation Group over there but since I, right now, don't want to cooperate with the translation I guess they won't want to use mine. I mostly translate it for my own uses anyways, and I have made a few... controversial translation decisions.

Though I will be releasing it fully to the public under GPL of course, as soon as I'm finished.
Once again, see http://phpbb3se.carlssonplanet.com for more info.
Jonathan “Virtuality” Gulbrandsen - phpBB 2.x & 3.x Swedish Translator
phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska! | Development board for the Swedish translation of phpBB3

Virtuality
QA Team

Post by Virtuality » Thu May 17, 2007 6:03 pm

The Swedish translation for phpBB3 has now been completely finished (except the button images, waiting for SDK for that)! :)

Currently it's being thoroughly checked for spelling mistakes etc., and also read through and commented on by a few third-parties.

It will be available for download in a first version here on phpbb.com as soon as phpBB3 RC1 is released. In the meantime you can check it out and test it at the development board found in my signature. There you can also post bugs, discuss, find the latest news, etc.
phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska! | Development board for the Swedish translation of phpBB3

John Hjorth

Post by John Hjorth » Thu May 17, 2007 7:24 pm

Virtuality,

Just great to read, I hope you overcome the constipation caused by the work, ref. your avatar.

Kail
Former Team Member

Post by Kail » Mon May 21, 2007 9:57 am

We're making good progress and I'll get to updating the GDK elements shortly.

I am the translation maintainer, as in I do the updates. Virtuality has been doing outstanding work handling translating everything for phpBB3 and is listed as author.

Explore: You're more than welcome to join the development effort! It's organized around the Swedish support forum (http://www.phpbb-se.com). We also have a SourceForge project site with CVS set up to handle versioning. Register for a user account at phpbb-se.com and write me a PM and I'll help you get started.

Jakob Persson - Style Designer, Freelance Web Designer, Usability Consultant and Developer | BLOG | PORTFOLIO
My Complete phpBB Template Design Guide
Creator of Chronicles, SpacePilot3K (updated!), Solaris, Cobalt 2.0 and JustFooty.
Image phpbb-se.com - phpBB på svenska!

Virtuality
QA Team

Post by Virtuality » Tue May 22, 2007 4:20 pm

Any chance to get this topic deleted/locked as it can be potentially misleading? Then we can create a "real" topic for the "official" Swedish translation. (it's not official, but "official" as in downloadable from http://www.phpbb.com/languages/)

Thanks.

lurttinen
Translator
Name: Martti Lokka

Post by lurttinen » Wed May 23, 2007 6:32 am

Locked by request
Signature is here

Return to “[3.0.x] Translations”